Weapon Leveling

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Weapon Leveling

Post by Alibaster »

Newbie Here...

I've decided to start my first weapon leveling using my Reaper of Souls from Mistvale. Being this is my first attempt, does anyone have any suggestions? What's a good build for a Reaper of Souls? I hope to use this for some time to come. I've raised my Dex as high as I can and with Dex bonus items, I am almost maxed out. Would it be worth adding Dex to the blade? Any other attributes I should consider?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Alibaster in game!!
Pek
Elder Scribe

Re: Weapon Leveling

Post by Pek »

Hey mate,

If I was to redo my Reaper of Souls, I would suggest the following:
Hit Lightning 50 (200 pts)
Hit Fireball 50 (200 pts)
Hit Mana leech 50 (30 pts)
Hit Stam leech 50 (30 pts)
Hit Life leech 50 (30 pts)
Total point usage 490, leaving you with 5 points to put into either Spell Damage Increase or Hit point increase.

A 5 x 50 weapon will last you for a long time until you find yourself looking for a rare and very expensive end game weapon. Also if you have the ED to spend, I highly suggest Self Repair 5. I hope that helps.
Ecthelion - Drizzt - Gandalf Greyhame
Alex
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alex »

I would not add dex to a weapon since you can reach 220 dex with relayers, stat scrolls, gear, etc. I understand that this is no end game weapon, but still, I would avoid adding dex if possible.

The 5x50 suggestions is good, alternatively you could keep the 40s at 40 and get 60 lightning and fireball (240 + 240 spending points) giving you 3x40 and 2x60.
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

I'd go with the 5x50 and put the rest of the points to strength bonus :)
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

Great feedback. Thank you all. ED is not a problem. I've donated to support the shard and have some ED left. 5 self repair is a good idea.

5x50 sounds interesting but do you gain more damage with 3x40/2x60?
Alibaster in game!!
lnickos
Expert Scribe

Post by lnickos »

2x60 will do more damage and the trade-off is less leeching. i think 40% triple leech is fine for anything. for whirlwind, 40% mana leech is plenty. if you plan to use bladeweave, you will run into slight mana problems but the skill doesn't do much so its not important to use bladeweave 100% on a single target.
Pek
Elder Scribe

Post by Pek »

If you were worried about damage, you would weapon change the Reaper into a weapon that has Crushing Blow/Piercing Shot (Warhammer, Ornate axe, Yumi) or a Double axe for double strike.

As it is, the Reaper is a pretty good whirlwind weapon and since it is 1 handed, you can wear a shield for additional stats. Up to you which way you go. This weapon won't be your last one, so it's ok to try things out now so that you know what your preference is for end game. Good luck.
Ecthelion - Drizzt - Gandalf Greyhame
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

Thanks again. I'm leaning towards the 3x40/2x60 option. Once I get a few more levels under my belt I'll make the final decision. I really appreciate it everyone.
Alibaster in game!!
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

Is there a log of all attacks that shows damage received and damage given? So after a battle can I review what amount of damage I dished out and how much I took? Just wanting to see the progress of my leveled weapon and get an idea of how strong or weak it is.
Alibaster in game!!
Alex
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alex »

Pek wrote:If you were worried about damage, you would weapon change the Reaper into a weapon that has Crushing Blow/Piercing Shot (Warhammer, Ornate axe, Yumi) or a Double axe for double strike.

As it is, the Reaper is a pretty good whirlwind weapon and since it is 1 handed, you can wear a shield for additional stats. Up to you which way you go. This weapon won't be your last one, so it's ok to try things out now so that you know what your preference is for end game. Good luck.
Don't forget if you change the weapon to any of the above, it goes from one handed to two handed, which is default for each of those. One of the benefits of the reaper is it being one handed in my opinion.