Warning to new players - DON'T put Study Axes in the ExEx!

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
galaxitus
Passer by

Warning to new players - DON'T put Study Axes in the ExEx!

Post by galaxitus »

One early way of making quite a bit of money and tools is by completing the Young/New player quest in the New Player Dungeon as explained on the New Player Guide on the Wiki here : http://www.uoex.net/wiki/New_Players_Gu ... tion_Quest

But one major thing is missing from the guide and that is to warn players that they should not store the Sturdy Axe or any special tools they might get from things such as Bulk Order reward in the Excelsior Exchange like they would for most tools and that as long as they wish to complete some of the quest in the New Player Dungeon. (Quite useful to stack tools to have more than their usual 50/100 charge per tools)

Storing the Sturdy Axes in the ExEx will turn them into regular Axes charges and so you can't recover the Study Axes after.
I did the mistake and as I reached the part where I have to recover A Grades Logs and refused a Carpenter's Bulk Order that would have been an hell to complete (special wood type required that I hardly find around for now.) I'm stuck at wait for the renewal of the Bulk Orders with carpenters.

If you refuse a bulk order, you can't take any from the same crafting type (carpenter in this case) for 1 hour. If you accept, you can take other bulk order by travelling to other carpenters. It's not a game breaking bug, but it's something quite annoying.
+Colibri
Administrator

Re: Warning to new players - DON'T put Study Axes in the ExEx!

Post by +Colibri »

I see the problem yeah, well ... depending how you look at it. I rememeber there was a bug report saying that sturdy axes can't be put into ExEx, so fixed that "issue". But for someone who finds a sturdy axe valuable, this is undesired behavior.

Can you please submit a bug report in the game help system, so it doesn't get forgotten? I'll either add a separate balance for sturdy axes, or add somesort of warning that this happens.

Ty for the nice informative post :)
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
heyyo
Legendary Scribe

Post by heyyo »

Alternatively you can buy gargoyle's axes (off [exex), which are insanely cheap. They also give grade A logs. They do spawn wood elementals though! And frequently! If you stick to the low end of the colored wood trees, the elementals are pretty harmless though. As an added bonus the elementals have 50 logs, and a fletcher's tool.
Maze Scarlethart
Master Scribe

Post by Maze Scarlethart »

If you still need sturdy axes I have some kicking around I can give you. PM Ellewyn ingame and I will get them to you as soon as I can. Or you can PM MIranda Ventrata and he can raid my house while Im at work and give them to you. :)