New to Shard trying to farm some gold

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
DivinumFuris
Passer by

New to Shard trying to farm some gold

Post by DivinumFuris »

I've got about 15 hours left on my Young status and I'm trying to make the most of it as far as starter gold. I've managed to snag a few decent pieces of gear to start with, but I'm having a bit of a rough time finding a good spot to farm some gold. I did read about the newbie dungeon quests, and i do them quite regularly, but is there a good spot a new player could hit up for some early cash aside from the newbie quests?
Iago Venport
Elder Scribe

Re: New to Shard trying to farm some gold

Post by Iago Venport »

would imagine the organics quest would provide enough gold, but be sure to hit up the mistvale quests/area when able to as there are a lot of things there that vets really want...plus some nice stealables that sell for a fortune.

-Iago
Lufi
Passer by

Post by Lufi »

Bushido dojo, FD dojo with pet. 25-30k within 30 min + minor arties to exchange to major.
Versales
Elder Scribe

Post by Versales »

Hey,

Do you have pets? Pets can/will help to accelerate your gold bringing in. The newbie champ and the MoA champs would be a fairly decent place to net some gold. Also, When the Doom champ comes up. You can try doing Tokuno as well, but that one can get pretty hairy at the end if you are under geared.

You can run the gauntlet for gold/arties if you have pets. Or you can group up with a couple other newbies what have some pets and bows and you all can work together, each mini boss drops a nice little stack of gold, and you can just alternate who gets it. My preferred method is to have one designated looter who loads up their mule(s) and then when you all are finished its a simple division problem (amount of gold/number of players).

Another thing you can do (possibly without pets, I don't know your skill level/gear level) is the grave digging quest for grave digging shovels and sell them on [exex.

You can also mine/lumberjack loading up your pet, check [exex some ores/lumbers sell for a good bit of gold.
(also you can save the iron/regular boards for when you decide to craft)

If you happen to have 220 dex then you have a lot more options.
Fel minoc fel Bucs, Fel Delucca, Fel wind, lady mel, trav, etc
However, since you are asking here, I don't believe those options are yet opened to you.

You can farm destard, killing dragons, drakes, wayverns, and snakes and skinning them for the leather.
If that is too advanced, try covetus, or shame, it isn't a huge sum of gold by any means, but you should be able to kill fairly quickly and easily, and with [claim you should be able to move quick and get some gold together steadily.

One thing I'll mention that I touched on for the gauntlet is teaming up with other newbies (or just other players you get to know) go on a hunting trip, and divide the gold up at the end, a few newbies with bows and a pet or two can still manage to take out some monsters like blood eles, and the like really easily.

Whatever you do, keep this tiny tip in mind -
don't just auto claim corpses. even monsters that seem pointless like mongbats -
Get yourself a gem pouch and loot the gems, and any maps that might drop, special gems sell pretty well on [exex, and the smaller gems you can sell to a jeweler and make a good little chunk of gold from. (save sapphires and diamonds though) you'll eventually use them when you get around to crafting jewelry.

Hope these little bits of info help, I know its a lot to try to maximize in your last 15 hours as a newbie, but these should also serve to help you in the long run.

- Valorian
Valorian in game!
DivinumFuris
Passer by

Post by DivinumFuris »

Wow, nice bunch of tips there. I'll have to check a few of those options out.

Definitely don't have the 220 Dex yet, but i did recently pick up a mule (I think is what they're called? Rideable pack horses.)
Also, if I remember reading correctly I'm about 8 days away from being able to go to Mistvale, assuming 21 days old is correct, but I'm looking forward to checking that place out. Some pretty neat stuff going on there.
On the bit about gems, I'm glad that habit carried over from OSI because even there i would pick up and sell most gems. That has been helping a bit, but I've also been trashing the diamonds and sapphires lol. Guess I'll start holding onto those.

I'll definitely give these ideas a go, and thanks a ton for the input guys ^_^