Max Beehives

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
eirenna416
Apprentice Scribe

Max Beehives

Post by eirenna416 »

Hey All, I have a question for the Hive Mind... (see what I did there? :roll: )

I have read that 22 is the ideal # of beehives. So I set up 22 hives in the 5x5 setup so they can all be tended from a central spot. I have the requisite 7 appropriate plants and 3 pitchers of water in that same central spot (on a lower floor) and now find myself the proud owner of 22 thriving hives with 100K population each. I tend them every day. They are happy bees. However. When I started harvesting daily I discovered that an average of 4 hives (a random 4 and sometimes only 3 and a few times up to 6!) were not producing ANYTHING at all. At first I thought perhaps there was a cap on overall production and that maybe the agility potions were counter productive. So I stopped using them. It turns out that it didn't changes the # of hives that produce it only reduced how much there was WHEN they produced. So I tested with 1 potion, and then with 2. I have been tracking for a week now and have had 4, 3, 4, 6, 3, 3, and 6 non-productive hives.

Has anyone else noticed this? Has the Optimal Number of hives gone down? I am considering chopping 4 hives if it will allow the remaining 18 to produce 100% of the time.

Thanks for your time and thanks in advance for any advice and input :)
-Cathranne :?: :lookingout:
hmnt
Novice Scribe

Re: Max Beehives

Post by hmnt »

http://www.uoex.net/wiki/Apiculture_(be ... Production

It just happens, more hives you have more will fail to produce...

I have 13 and usually one-two will fail everyday.

Also http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3828
Geoffrey
eirenna416
Apprentice Scribe

Post by eirenna416 »

Hey, Thanks for the link to the previous conversation about production percentages! Despite doing searches previously I never did get that conversation to pop up. THANK YOU!!!! I will stick with my 22 hives :)
hmnt
Novice Scribe

Post by hmnt »

Glad I could help, keep them happy :) :)
Geoffrey