Windows 10 and UOEx

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
bozwoz
Novice Scribe

Windows 10 and UOEx

Post by bozwoz »

Hello all
i am currently using an old laptop that is running windows 7 and everything it ticking along nicely. The problem is it is an old computer and may not be with us much longer. My question is does anyone run on a windows 10 machine and did they encounter any problems with the client, UO Auto Map, UO Steam, Easy UO? If anyone happens to be running windows 10 on a Mac Book that info would be extra special as i am currently looking at putting everything on one laptop to limit the number i have to carry around with me, (I work away a lot)

Any and all help is greatly appreciated
Zuri
Adept Scribe

Re: Windows 10 and UOEx

Post by Zuri »

Hi there. My pc runs on Windows 10. With the new patch I haven't had any problems with UOAM, EasyUO or the client. I've recently had issues with Razor but switched to Steam and have had luck with it. Actually was a plus because now and I'm happier with Steam. Hope this helps.. happy hunting!
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pariah »

Windows 10 on my Vaio and UOEx runs fine. Large Address Aware (LAA) i I think packaged with the client files now so I don't encounter any issues. I ran UOEX with my Macbook Pro for a while with Wine and Windows 10. It was mixed results. I had to edit a few of the WineTricks files to get EUO to work, but it worked most of the time.
bozwoz
Novice Scribe

Post by bozwoz »

Well that is all looking promising. Many thanks for the help and information.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

There was just the frequent out of memory eror (even if you had an enourmous amount, like 32gb installed). But it's just a software issue, that's now already "fixed", since the June 2016 patch, labeled 4c (aka Expatch10).

Just replied to a similar topic here:
http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=63064#p63064
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
brhanson2
Elder Scribe

Post by brhanson2 »

Everything works fine for me on Windows 10 except UOAM. When I close it the program hangs and have to use task manager to kill it (which means it doesnt save any of my settings like custom icons for labels, etc).

**EDIT** Upgraded to a newer version of UOAM then I had and now it closes correctly.
Carzikan (formerly known as Tostig on Great Lakes)