A new player saying hello

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Gladstone
Passer by

A new player saying hello

Post by Gladstone »

I used to play UO in the early 2000s when it was at it's height of popularity, back when there was not a single spot to put a house on any shard. Then I got burned out and stepped away from it until about a year ago and I was so sad to see that it is mostly a ghost town these days. I played for a week and ran into 3 people.
So I decided to check out the freeshard situation and found Excelsior....I have to say I am so happy to see life in UO still exists. I love what you guys have done with this shard and I am looking forward to many hours of adventure here....Thank you.
+Nyx
Administrator

Re: A new player saying hello

Post by +Nyx »

Welcome to Excelsior :)
apocalypse
Elder Scribe

Post by apocalypse »

Welcome to your new home!

There is a great Wikipedia that is part of this website, that has a ton of answers to all the questions you will have along the way. Also you can search these forums for specific questions as well.

There is a few different training and newbie areas that will help you get started. Use the world teleport pads, (red shields) to get around between areas.

If all else fails you can ask questions in the world chat, and I am sure someone will be able to help you out. Just don't spam a ton of questions in the chat, if you find someone that is helpful, you can use the private chat system to speak with the further.
Jean Luc Picard in game
Sir Blood
Elder Scribe

Post by Sir Blood »

Welcome to the best UO server out there!

We have players from just about every country!

Don't forget to check out the wiki, they have put a lot of work into it!

Above all... HAVE FUN!
- - In game name:: Simply Delicious - -
Find my HUGE Rune LIbrary
- Main Floor Housegates
- Bottom SE corner, look for the black and white housegate tile (looks like a QR code you can scan)
Rune displayed @TC -- Far West Wall: Simply's
ladylissa
Novice Scribe

Post by ladylissa »

I have to say the same... thankyou for your shard... I have been gone from UO for more then 10 years... I actually met my "now" husband on UO... I gave him a rare.. when he got hacked to rebuild his empire.. even though he had a tower and i had a 15x15.. it is a large learning curve here.. some things are the same and some are sooooo far away from what i knew that it's crazy... but as i have said.. IT'S SOO OLD.. IT'S NEW AGAIN!!! :p