Kinda stuck

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
jschaible12
Novice Scribe

Kinda stuck

Post by jschaible12 »

I have looked all over the wiki and forums and i seem to have hit a wall. I have okay enough gear to hunt in blood and a few other areas, i do the new player quests when i can but im not really sure what else i should do. Is there info somewhere im not finding about maybe more quests? i can keep saving up for gear but everything seems so expensive its gonna take weeks of hunting and there has to be more to do than that. If anyone has any suggestions as to what i could invest some time in would be awesome!
thanks very much =)
Tattersail
Master Scribe

Re: Kinda stuck

Post by Tattersail »

Without knowing what gear you actually have, it's kind of hard to say, but I'll make some assumptions...

- You're done in Mistvale right..? Cause if you're not, then there you go, that is your number one next stop.
- After Mistvale, you should have good enough gear to easily prowl Gauntlet with a pack of mules or whatever your choice of pet is. This will be your next stop...Hell, if you get 5 maxed mules, it'll be your sparetime project while you finish the Mistvale questline.
- Also right after Mistvale, alongside Gauntlet, you'll want to start on the GoC quest lines...There are highly detailed guides on the wiki, so read up on that and get going...Some of these are hard to impossible without a pack of imps or help from your friends (or way more 1337 skills than I posses), but the gear is great, there are some good possible drops and once you have a few GoCs under your belt, you'll be in a great position to dex up to 220 for an entirely new style of gameplay.

Oh and once your Mistvale quests are done, it's an epic place to level weapons. You get twice the xp of everywhere except Fel, but in Fel the mobs also have twice as many hp. So be sure to take advantage of that. Grab a cheap BoD, level like mad and sell for 10 mill...

After that is where it starts to get boring, as the 25 mill or more needed for one relayer, takes long enough to gather that you will prolly want to explore other areas of UO to keep the interest up (crafting, breeding, exploring, treasure hunting etc etc)
jschaible12
Novice Scribe

Post by jschaible12 »

I cant touch mistvale for another like 9 days, so ill just have to work on gathering gold and leveling up my mules untill then. But that does give me an idea as to what i can look forward too doing =) thanks for the reply
Parrot
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Parrot »

Tattersail wrote: Grab a cheap BoD, level like mad and sell for 10 mill...
Howdy Tattersail, and to all who may be reading this....

I am also new, can you explain to me about the comment above? I guess I'm missing something about BODs from the Wiki, so either an explanation or where I should look (I checked under bulk order deeds in the Wiki, I didn't make the connection) would be greatly appreciated.

Parrot
Versales
Elder Scribe

Post by Versales »

Hello,

In this case is is BoD not BOD or bod, I know it is confusing

BOD - is a bulk order deed
BoD - Blaze of Death ( often called Blaze as well)
bod - Breath of the dead ( a nice wep for a bio)

A BoD is a nice halberd, it costs around 1mil ( some times a little less) its got Whirlwind and 50% hit fireball and fire area! its an ideal wep to start leveling. Since it can whirlwind, it can hit up to 9 enemies at once, and each of those has a chance to proc a fit fire area - makes for some nice killing. Its a nice things to have handy for the early stages of champs as it means you destroy monster pretty quickly. However, its should be noted that - if you are new - watch your health closely! as the champ increases in difficulty monsters hit harder!
Whirlwind is nice because its costs a relatively low amount of mana - so its easy to keep topped up with a little mana regen and mana leech (wrath form anyone).
And since it starts with high fireball its a bonus! A lot of people ( by "lots" I mean myself, and I mean both my BoD's) I only feel the need to bring a few hit areas up to around 25% - you can get a lot of them up this way. And they proc quite a lot, so you wind up seeing a wall of red numbers surrounding you as you cleave your way through your enemies!

Another nice wep to consider, anything that is a nice warhammer. You get whirlwind and another nice special that lets you "hulk smash" things with a nice hit.

another sep to consider - Radiant scimitars - they are once handed and have whirlwind - this means you deal less damage, but! you get to use a shield without relayering a wep to be one handed! So you can use something like Raveno's or the GoC shield! this can be a HUGE bonus to a newer player.

Just some things to think about!
Also don't focus on things with SSI - once you reach a certain amount of stamina you pretty much swing everything at max speed! And its easy to keep stamina up by spamming Devine fury!

Hope this rant helps you out (maybe more than you intended)

-Val

Man my spelling is atrocious - I'm not fixing it I want people to notice!
Valorian in game!
Parrot
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Parrot »

Yur speling looks jus fined too me.

Thanks for the info....so it's just an acronym for a different item, understood. Thanks for the help appreciated.

Parrot
ladylissa
Novice Scribe

Post by ladylissa »

when you went into the "mill" area i kinda lost ya... really? people have "millions" on here? I was super happy to make 7k today... can't imagine having millions...
Versales
Elder Scribe

Post by Versales »

Oh yeah, people have many millions on here, its tough to make gold at first as you are limited by stats,gear, and ability. However, after you start getting better, gold starts to really flow in pretty quickly. There is also gathering that you can do to make a pretty penny, it all adds up. At first you have to spend pretty much all you are making, either on gear, or power scrolls, or pets, or other things you want. After a while you have pretty much all the stuff you could want/need so saving becomes pretty easy (unless you are me, in which case you still spend like its burning a hole in your pocket)

I know at the outset 1 mil seems like quite a bit of gold, but you'll see , you accumulate pretty quickly

Best of luck!

p.s. - surf the forums for hunting spots, places to level weps, etc some places are bound to be to tough for you, but others might surprise you and you can go and earn money, level a wep, and explore all at one time!
Valorian in game!