Cannot make an account.

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Rainking
Passer by

Cannot make an account.

Post by Rainking »

I was trying to make a new account and it stalled on the contacting server message for about 10 minutes now I get one of the two (Cannot contact/Wrong Credentials) errors when I try and log in. I sent an email ca@uoex.net (yesterday) as that is the only email I could find. Is there anything else I could do?
Iltar
Elder Scribe

Re: Cannot make an account.

Post by Iltar »

I'd check that server address and port(Address: shard.uoex.net, port 60) are correctly configured in razor or uosteam that you use to start client. And that you are running custom version of client from http://uoex.net
Those who never die, do not live. (in Ultima Online)
Dyēus Phater
Expert Scribe

Post by Dyēus Phater »

Have you had an account here previously? You cannot have more than 1 account per IP address except by request for a family member/friend playing on the same IP.... That is likely what is causing your issue.
"I am the Keymaster! Are you the Gatekeeper?" "It's hard being the Sky Father"
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Post by dreamstalker »

if u are using steam or razor and are not running those and uo excelsior in admin mode it will stall on connecting to server.. also in steam and razor where it says auto detect client the auto detect functions do not work u have to point the one to your client.exe and the other to your uo exceslior folder.. make sure server info is entered correctly as in shard.uoex.net , port 60, make sure u didnt put a comma in where a period is supposed to be.. the list of servers you need to type in the shard.uoex.net addy .. keep us posted plz
I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin! just cause you aint paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you
ladylissa
Novice Scribe

Post by ladylissa »

You may be trying to create an account from a block of IPs that have been blocked by the people that run the realm... dont blame them.. blame the ones that farm for gold or farm for other things... having run a UO shard myself I know its soo easy to block a whole IP section.. even if i lost one real player.. i'd rather be done with the farming/troll people then have to worry about them..
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Don't necro bump threads.