Relayering

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Possum12
Grandmaster Scribe

Relayering

Post by Possum12 »

Found lots of posts on pro's & con's of different weapons to level for relayering, though can not find anything about benefits or the like of items to be relayered onto. Does it matter whether you relayer onto plate legs or cloth pants? Is it just a display choice? Or should metal be avoided as it interferes with stealth etc. About to begin relayering the armor spots so very keen to hear some experienced tips.
Tarkin Lamere in-game
Miranda Ventrata
Elder Scribe

Re: Relayering

Post by Miranda Ventrata »

Only thing other than look that I know of is medable stuff. So cloth or leather I usually try to find a nice look for so it is medable.
Probably heavier things would mess with stealth too.
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

Well, i found this old discussion on the subject.

My understanding is, as you relayer a weapon into a gear piece, it is still a weapon and any attributes the sample item had besides appearance will not exist anymore. So there *shouldn't* be any difference on what you relayer into.

I could be wrong here, i'm only wearing two non-medable samples (rest of my gear is cloth/leather samples) and i do have maxed mana regen so maybe i'm not noticing the difference... Maybe some +Folk could clarify this once and for all :P
CroakerII
Apprentice Scribe

Post by CroakerII »

I would think you would want to combine it with something that wont take damage, like clothes.
U0 Dood!!!!
Sir Blood
Elder Scribe

Post by Sir Blood »

With the exception of the shield slot, relayers do NOT take damage. ^_^
- - In game name:: Simply Delicious - -
Find my HUGE Rune LIbrary
- Main Floor Housegates
- Bottom SE corner, look for the black and white housegate tile (looks like a QR code you can scan)
Rune displayed @TC -- Far West Wall: Simply's