Easy U O looter

Grab a cup of coffe and attend to the more simple things in life.
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Easy U O looter

Post by [Glyph] »

I tried to download an easyuo Uber Looter from the published macros in the development forums today and was not able to. It allows theboption to select all but will not let me paste it into easyuo. It is an old script from Kaiana I believe. Has anyone used this recently? I realize the script is rather old and it has quite a few comments. Thought I would give it a try. Also, does anyone have a working easyuo looter?
Superduke
Grandmaster Scribe

Re: Easy U O looter

Post by Superduke »

Just selecting is not enough. You need to copy all selected text and than paste it into euo.
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

I highly recommend using UOSteam if you wish to have an autolooter, EasyUO autolooters are prone to crashing...
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

I tried that. Highlited the entire thing, click hold and drag, but did not get the option to copy. I have about 9 other macros so I was surprised that it didn't work. And thanks Gaara. I will look at steam.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

Gaara wrote:I highly recommend using UOSteam if you wish to have an autolooter, EasyUO autolooters are prone to crashing...
see.. in the simple this statement is correct.. BUT

advanced claw doesn't generally crash and it does a million things steam can't and is very customizable, there is setup pain and when I read through it before running it I didn't remove a thing.

Kiana's uber looter does crash.. it crashes alot, its because although ambitious and pretty complete it is very very very very very very very very very crude.

over time I have modified my own copy extensively, and I can say it crashes infrequently, but usually I caused it by loading some of my work software.

Anyhoo the biggest thing it does, and its easy to find and remove, is spam the status line of the client, there was a time when the crashing was thought to be based on z-index difference, although this can happen, its not the culprit most of the time, its the useless status updating, pause/unpause is one thing, but throwing got <calculation> ginseng etc, etc etc every time it does anything, this stuff would be just fine if it was logging to an external text, but as a general rule if you ask for too much of the client by spamming it stuff to print, you are gonna have a bad time, it will work fine if lightly surrounded but not when you have 5 bodies, and more incoming mobs.
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
Superduke
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Superduke »

I just use it to loot items with properties. I let all uosteam loot all other items.
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Post by dreamstalker »

try to select all then click copy then paste it to notepad then save it to your easyuo folder and then try to load it with easyuo open file ... i only use advclaw when looking for particular stats and even surrounded by a dozen bodies it has never ever ever crashed my puter or game. as for uo steam i have it set to loot all reg stuff like gold regs gems and it has never crashed game either. i pause advclaw and let steam do its thing then when it stops i then unpause adv claw and it does the hard stuff... advclaw can be a pain to set up but well worth it.
I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin! just cause you aint paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

Sorry, what is advanced claw? Is it available? Just looking to grab gems, regs etc. Definitely not looking for something that grabs anything that is not nailed down. I am not a coder though I have looked into it. Not sure why but that particular script would not let me copy and paste. I could highlight the whole code but then nothing worked. Nothing with left or right click, it just dropped the selection. I will try again.
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Post by dreamstalker »

u could try using ctrl c to copy once u have it all selected then open new file in euo and ctrl v to paste if that doesnt work then someone is prolly trying to tell you something lol. if u are just looking to loot the common stuff like regs gold daemon bones and such i would just go with uosteam to do auto looting. uosteam is like razor on steroids with the addition of an autolooter that is customizable where u can add more items to loot list just by targettting n clicking. i would have to look in game to see the entire name of claw. just pm me in game (same name) if u want help settin up steam or if u want more info on claw> advclaw is much more complex then steam and its mainly used for late mid to end loot analyzing when u have 100 items to look through and only wantin loot with stats like 5x38 or more.
I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin! just cause you aint paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Post by fixxer1963 »

Hawke Armstrong/FiXXer
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

OK, it looks like the file was just too big to fit on the clipboard. I found an autolooter that Anarchy posted and have copied that into easyUO and saved it. Pressed play and nothing happens. Is there something else to get this running? I briefly looked through the code but did not see a specific key to press to begin the process. As always, all assistance is greatly appreciated.
Superduke
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Superduke »

Strange. It's just some plain text. Should be no issue at all to copy/paste it directly into euo. Especially because Kiana's looter has less lines than Anarchy's.

Since you didn't post a link to the other script i looked it up myself and tested it. When i press play i'm prompted to select my loot bag and it starts looting just fine.

Try running easyuo as administrator if you already didn't.
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

I had to copy paste in 3 or 4 sections but all are in the correct order. I will try the admin option. I push play and absolutely nothing happens. I Did read online that the u o client will crash if you move out of range while dragging an item off a corpse. Hopefully the admin will work out the issue. Thanksnfor all the help with this.
Superduke
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Superduke »

Running as administrator doesn't prevent crashing the client because it's a coding issue. It may help with running easyuo and saving script variables.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

[Glyph] wrote:I had to copy paste in 3 or 4 sections but all are in the correct order. I will try the admin option. I push play and absolutely nothing happens. I Did read online that the u o client will crash if you move out of range while dragging an item off a corpse. Hopefully the admin will work out the issue. Thanksnfor all the help with this.

the dragging bug although it can happen thats not the main issue with Kiana's most client crashes it causes are status line spam related. however I modified my copy to work around the dragging bug (no I don't give it out, pheobe has it she had to marry me)

but i will explain in concept how the fix works, the loot cycle is one big outer loop I added one thing, check the players coordinates ingame, against the last time it was done, if it is different it retries the loop and doesn't loot till you stop moving for a second, I took it out eventually once I realized it wasn't the dragging that was doing it, most of the line was the status messages especially the fact that it lists the quantity of what.. hard to explain but printing "I looted something" vs "I looted $var of $var" although its not a huge difference, you have to multiply it by the #of mobs surrounding you bodies etc. I turned it off because I can I dunno look in my lootbag telling me everytime I do something is pointless and it causes crashes from spam. Lets say you did like this feature and it was a must have, at the very least make a menu remote in easyuo and print to that, or dump to a text file, but although it looks technical all those features is the diff between this

or this

I prefer the more stripped done frill free option b when it comes to combat, you can make it all pretty but it should be the opposite, its a battle time management script so to that end, make it lean and mean

the drag bug I figured was way more easily managed by turning combat looting off, so it waits till you are not being attacked.

anyhoo I can only provide inspirations here, my scripts aren't tested for distribution and I am constantly monkeying with them
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011