Easy U O looter

Grab a cup of coffe and attend to the more simple things in life.
AcidBern
Elder Scribe

Re: Easy U O looter

Post by AcidBern »

Yoda wrote:
Gaara wrote:I highly recommend using UOSteam if you wish to have an autolooter, EasyUO autolooters are prone to crashing...
see.. in the simple this statement is correct.. BUT

advanced claw doesn't generally crash and it does a million things steam can't and is very customizable, there is setup pain and when I read through it before running it I didn't remove a thing.

Kiana's uber looter does crash.. it crashes alot, its because although ambitious and pretty complete it is very very very very very very very very very crude.

over time I have modified my own copy extensively, and I can say it crashes infrequently, but usually I caused it by loading some of my work software.

Anyhoo the biggest thing it does, and its easy to find and remove, is spam the status line of the client, there was a time when the crashing was thought to be based on z-index difference, although this can happen, its not the culprit most of the time, its the useless status updating, pause/unpause is one thing, but throwing got <calculation> ginseng etc, etc etc every time it does anything, this stuff would be just fine if it was logging to an external text, but as a general rule if you ask for too much of the client by spamming it stuff to print, you are gonna have a bad time, it will work fine if lightly surrounded but not when you have 5 bodies, and more incoming mobs.
So Yoda and I will continue to disagree on this, but the long and the short of it is, even Advanced claw is difficult. If you want to simply loot the specific items you want from the monsters you kill into the container that you specify, go with UOSteam. If you want to be all techy and deep with the EasyUO scripts, have at it. But the simplicity of UOSteam's auto looter and lack of crashy factor, make it far and away the better choice for just simply looting your kills! =)

Happy Hunting!!
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

lol don't start for cliffnotes this debate goes back centuries with Acidbern and myself, and as I continually state it makes havok with every single bit of my work/studio software due to how it manages memory.

but its not due to a tech limitation that easyuo has no good autolooter options that don't crash as much as people who have coded easyuo looters took a kitchen sink approach, and I would agree advanced claw has setup pain

for those that have similar memory weird issues with steam there is options =)

but it does bear the question, should I finally take the autolooter on as a project .... perhaps
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

Spent some time looking at steam this weekend. Also read up on the easyuo website to see how difficult it would be to make something simple. Doesn't seem too overwhelming, just time consuming as I have little idea of what I am doing. :mrgreen: I really don't want to have 5 different programs running at one time competing for comp resources. This is supposed to be fun, not a technical smorgasbord or balancing act to keep from crashing my setup. :sick: So i guess i am still st the drawing board for the moment......

Although, perhaps Yoda does need a challenge. How long would it take to show us all just how much of a Jedi coder you are? 8)
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

I mean really, it shouldn't take that long. Right +Nyx? :lool:
Kara
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Kara »

My two cents:

UOSteam for gold, gems, arrows, etc.

Claw (which I just got two days ago [thanks for the rec, Yoda!]) for weapons, gargoyle tools, etc etc. (Basically the complicated stuff you can't loot via item ID.)
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

It would take a while but I have a way.. just in case I don't get to it (a million work pies)

here is how it works a conventional looter is unintelligent and scans the pack which is fine though but we dont ever fight unknown mobs..

say you are fighting a skeleton, you know what you want off the skeleton in fact its likely just the gold..

but in my case I am planning to config based on monsters so there would be an INI that knows what to take, and it searches for only that, and if its covered by claim, it does that instead.

a do the minimum approach, the scans aren't shots in the dark they are more, loot what is known to be there, Id likely have to really lean heavy on cygnus' data

as for length of time it would take a while sure, but once done it would be faster than anything that exists, and be excelsior specific

the way uberlooter does it, you kill a skeleton and it sweeps the corpse for, x, y, z, q, r, y, l etc but only X exists... expended cycles for nothing
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

I had the though to play around with Blaze's skinner macro to see if I could adapt it. It already has most of what I think I am looking for. We will see how that goes. I will most likely be asking questions very soon. Also, what version of steam would I need to DL? I looked at the documentation download and the page was not there. Got transferred to another page with other info.
Superduke
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Superduke »

I'm running with v1.0.5
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

Well, I got the skinner somewhat changed but cant get it to stop asking to target my pack. Still working through it though. Also I did DL uosteam but cant get it to find the uo client. It asks for me to pick the folder but when I do I get an error. Did I mention how much I LOVE trying to set up new additional programs??? :verymad:
Kara
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Kara »

[Glyph] wrote:Well, I got the skinner somewhat changed but cant get it to stop asking to target my pack. Still working through it though. Also I did DL uosteam but cant get it to find the uo client. It asks for me to pick the folder but when I do I get an error. Did I mention how much I LOVE trying to set up new additional programs??? :verymad:
Did you give it admin privileges?
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

But of course.
MarkM
Expert Scribe

Post by MarkM »

Waiiitttttttt.. Did I just hear the reason why I crash in the dungeons all the time? Easy UO auto looters cause you to crash? Is this correct..