A Pirate Looks at Seven

Grab a cup of coffe and attend to the more simple things in life.
Isaac Newton
Grandmaster Scribe

A Pirate Looks at Seven

Post by Isaac Newton »

Mother, mother ocean, I've heard you call
Wanted to sail upon your waters
Since I was three feet tall....no stop it. Stop. That's Roughneck's shtick.

Today is my seventh birthday.
Alas, seven years is far too short a time to live among such excellent and admirable Excelsiorans. I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Seven years ago, right about...now, boredom set in. I was trying to remember some of the old webpages I used to visit in the old days. After some thinking, I remembered the old UO emulator project. It was the early days of UO when I found that webpage. I didn't understand much of what they were talking about, but I liked to look at the words. It gave me hope that someone would do some good with the game. So off to google. I saw some link to a review page of UO shards. It was one of the voting pages. Around the top was UO Excelsior. The description sounded promising. Especially the no pvp. And if it's Excelsior, it must have transwarp drive. So I downloaded the game and never looked back. I consider it a blessing that I came here. How many of the other shards are even still around after seven years? How many of them have such an excellent staff? How many have such an excellent family?

One of the problems with being old is remembering those who are gone. A worse problem is not remembering them. Memory fades and names slip away. Glepelmerp was one of the first I met, and he helped me remember the game. It was most appropriate when we joined the Knights Who Say Ni. I was watching The Holy Grail almost every Saturday on gaming night. Blaze's healer has kept me alive for seven years. Well, most of the time. I hope things are going well in bat country. Jemima, I hope everything is a giant ball of yarn. And to all of the others, past and present, thank you for making Excelsior a place worth staying.

See you in another seven.
Isaac Newton

What sad times are these when passing ruffians can say ‘Ni’ at will to old ladies.
Cygnus
Legendary Scribe

Re: A Pirate Looks at Seven

Post by Cygnus »

Congratulations Isaac! It is players like you that made this shard what it is today. :dance Here is to another 7!

P.S. Of course, you know I'll be here to witness it. :nod:
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Congrats :D Glad to see you're still having fun after so long!
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Happy birthday!

We are almost the same age!

JOHNNY WARREN!