Halloween 2016 at House Awesome

Grab a cup of coffe and attend to the more simple things in life.
+Nyx
Administrator

Halloween 2016 at House Awesome

Post by +Nyx »

So this year I went for a Harry Potter theme, and although none of the crafts came out 100% as perfectly as I'd have liked, I think everything looked pretty good nonetheless.

I made floating candles using paper towel rolls, hot glue, paint, fishing line and LED tealights:

+V carved the Hogwarts crest which turned out to be an absolute masterpiece pumpkin:

The 2016 candy array:

Our housemate decided to rig a new tray at the last minute:

The big project this year was the patronus vs dementor yard installation I made:

Pumpkins:

The finished candles:
Next time I'm going to make more candles, and make a starry night sky out of fabric. I ran out of time this year so I had to use a plastic starry night tablecloth and it reflected too much.

The entryway from the street:

We had roughly 206 trick or treaters. Tons of people complimented the decorations and took pictures of them. Next year I need to come up with a custom hashtag and print signs so I can see people's pics :lol:

Did anyone else do any fun halloween projects this year?
Kagan
Grandmaster Scribe

Re: Halloween 2016 at House Awesome

Post by Kagan »

the candles look great and love the patronus, and the pumpkin was just wow! :dance
Zeebo
Novice Scribe

Post by Zeebo »

I would say your stuff turned out quite nice! Wife loves the crafts, carvings and theme.
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

My kids now want to move close to +Nyx so they can trick or treat at her house. :D
Character name: Ebony
moonsongtx
Elder Scribe

Post by moonsongtx »

Annachie wrote:My kids now want to move close to +Nyx so they can trick or treat at her house. :D

Heck, I wanna move close to +Nyx so I can trick or treat at her house! :P