A gift. For you. (From me.)

Grab a cup of coffe and attend to the more simple things in life.
mattwaldram
Elder Scribe

A gift. For you. (From me.)

Post by mattwaldram »

Okay, so I’d better preface this by saying that I did get permission from Col a while ago to post this here, on the grounds that it’s not, strictly-speaking, self-promotion, and I am giving away something to my UO chums. (That’s you. Just in case you were wondering.)

First: For those that don't recognise my forum username, I'm Oslington Weasel in-game. Hi.

Right… so, you may or may not know that when I’m not either playing UO or eating loads and loads of sweets, I also write things. Things like articles for magazines, interviews with interesting people, occasional screenplays, and – as of last year – novels.

My debut fantasy novel – Monsters of Elsewhere – has been out for under a year and seems to have done ‘all right’ by debut novel standards, which is to say it sold a reasonable amount of copies and nobody panned it.

Anyway, as we’re now into the holiday season, several things are happening. One: I’m eating even more unhealthy food than normal. Two: I’ll be watching Planes, Trains, and Automobiles while getting hammered tomorrow night. Three: the Christmas tree goes up on Sunday (yes, I’m that guy), and, Four: I’m experiencing an uncharacteristic level of generosity.

Basically, I want to give you guys a copy of my book for free.

I’m old enough that I played most of the Ultima games on my Amiga (man - I think I even aged a bit just writing that sentence) and picked up Ultima Online almost as soon as it came out – I think I started playing late ’97ish. I eventually stopped after about 7 years. Sold my account and didn’t think I’d ever go back… then I discovered Excelsior. Actually, that’s not exactly true. First, I discovered UO Forever… THEN I discovered Excelsior.

And now, here I am, over a year later, still playing and still enjoying getting my backside absolutely handed to me by the inhabitants of Sgail… and the main reason for me staying is because it’s a good community, here. Good, responsive GMs and a lot of friendly/funny players who have made coming back to UO a lot of fun.

So, to say thanks for rekindling my love for, perhaps, the nerdiest game I ever played in my life, I give you a free ebook that there’s every possibility you’ll hate. YOU’RE WELCOME.

I’ve set up a webpage, which provides you with a synopsis and some download links. All you have to do is follow the below link and, when prompted, enter the password: EatThatBally

It’s case-sensitive.

Here’s the link:

https://mattwaldram.wordpress.com/the-g ... -giveaway/

And that's it. Feel free to share the link with people if you think they'd like a copy, too.

Mods: Hopefully, you don't have an issue with this thread. Like I say, I did have permission to put this up here, but let me know if you want anything changing.
-- In-game: Oslington Weasel
mattwaldram
Elder Scribe

Re: A gift. For you. (From me.)

Post by mattwaldram »

The Google Drive link may give you a 'preview not available' message, depending on your device - but the 'download' link should work fine. Also, if anyone needs helping loading the file onto their readers, I'm sure I can help with that.
-- In-game: Oslington Weasel
Cygnus
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cygnus »

What program do I need to read this on a PC? Mine is not recognizing the .mobi extension.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
Cygnus
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cygnus »

Thanks Yoda. That did the trick.
mattwaldram
Elder Scribe