Halloween Dungeon Opened

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Nyx
Administrator

Halloween Dungeon Opened

Post by +Nyx »

It's that time of year again! The Halloween dungeon is once again open for adventure.

To enter the Halloween dungeon, go to Mistas and run South until you see the small tent camp. The entrance is slightly to the Southeast of the camp.

Important Info:
(changes for this year highlighted in blue)

- Young players may not enter the dungeon. Your account must be at least 7 days old to enter.
- Modified various mini-bosses, their animations should work this year.
- "Stealables" located in chests or barrels will move to new locations every 6 hours. There are 14 possible items. Please note that the jack o' lanterns and pumpkins on the vine have been removed from the Halloween dungeon this year (they will now be featured in the Fall Harvest Quest, which will run in November this year, and September in future years).
- Each mini-boss will drop 6-12k gold and each mini-boss has 2-4 Halloween dungeon 'artifacts' to collect. 22 in total.
- All mini-bosses have a small chance of dropping a valuable item such as bat wing sandals or jackal's collar, as well as the Soul Seeker.
- This dungeon has FREE CANDY! All candy can be picked up from the ground. 15 different candies in total. This year, all candy is temporary and provides a brief buff when eaten.
- All trash mobs have a 25% drop rate of human skulls.
- There are 2 res stations per level.
- Healing has not been diminished in this dungeon.
- There is a 5 minute logout delay for this dungeon. This means that if you log out inside the dungeon without securing your camp, your character will stay in-world and be subject to death by any wandering hostiles as well as failed AFK checks. The staff are not responsible for any lost items or pets if you log out in the dungeon in spite of this warning.
- You MUST be patched to enjoy this dungeon!
- Safe-AFK room: There is a safe space to AFK on the 2nd level of the dungeon. Enter the center room, then go up the staircase. You will be automatically moved into the safe room, and may exit at your leisure.
- Haunted Halls Quest: At the tent camp outside of Mistas, there is a paranormal researcher who would like your assistance with collecting data from the Halloween Dungeon. Say hail to her to begin the quest dialogue. You may repeat this quest every 8 hours. There are 4 steps to this quest - you will receive gold and a random candy (15 available) for each of the first 3 steps, and then a random special reward for the 4th. The 4th book also rewards special candies only obtainable from turning in this final book. There are 12 total. The rewards are on display in Mistas, in the building East of the entrance to the city. There are 35 total rewards for the final step of this quest. 8 of these are new rewards for this year. The gold and token checks have been removed from the final-reward pool.
- Please keep in mind that all spawn sharing and kill stealing rules still apply in the Halloween dungeon. If a person is camping a spawn that you want as well, you are free to wait with them. The person who was there first will get the next spawn, and the person who was there 2nd gets the spawn after that. If someone dies while fighting a boss spawn, allow them 3 minutes to return and re-engage the mob. If they do not re-engage within 3 minutes, the spawn is considered available. Instances of kill stealing will be documented and could incur jail time if they are repeated offenses. Play by the rules and save yourself the trouble.
- If you violate the rules of this dungeon or in any way exploit, take advantage of or participate in inappropriate behavior/activities in/about the dungeon your privileges will be revoked for the duration and you may be jailed. If you are found to be AFK anywhere in the dungeon except the safe AFK rooms, you will lose access to the dungeon.
- Luring issues: I have added measures to delete mobs that are dragged en masse to any of the rooms, exits, and gates. Thus, only in extreme and repeated cases will I consider a player dragging mobs past another player to be luring. If you have evidence of this happening to you, you may email screenshots or razor packet videos to nyx@uoex.net. Otherwise, just realize that some players are inconsiderate people and do your best to avoid them in the future.
- Every 1 hour, all trash mobs in the dungeon will perform a full respawn

The dungeon will stay open until November 2nd. Enjoy, shardlings!
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Re: Halloween Dungeon Opened

Post by Annachie »

Is the Black Widow a mini boss? I ask because it dropped 17k gold
Character name: Ebony
Alex
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alex »

Black Widow is a mini boss.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

After completing book 1, Trilby said "speak to me for the next quest." I said "hail" and got book 1 again with a repeat countdown.
Iago Venport
Elder Scribe

Post by Iago Venport »

Had the same thing happen numerous times at various parts of the quest. Gotta make sure you do not blaze past the guy and slowly mosey on up to them so he registers the completed quest and gives you the next book...this can take a few seconds. If you say Hail before he does it starts you all over.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Iago is correct, the NPC will auto-detect your completed books. As with all quests, particularly popular ones with heavy use, it can sometimes take a couple passes for him to detect you, as there's often lots of other people in his range that he's also scanning each time. However, if you hail him, and then click through to the next gump, you are requesting a new book and your quest will be reset to the start.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

He registered the completed book 1 quest and gave me the reward. He did not give me book 2. Will try waiting longer next time.
Alex
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alex »

+Nyx wrote: and then a random special reward for the 4th. The 4th book also rewards special candies only obtainable from turning in this final book. There are 12 total. The rewards are on display in Mistas, in the building East of the entrance to the city. There are 35 total rewards for the final step of this quest.
Not sure if I am reading this correctly. I handed in book four and got the "Goblin Cake". So my question is: do you get only one (special candy) or the other (displayed rewards), so one of the new 12 candies or one of the new 35 rewards on display or both some how (since it says "also rewards special candies" making it sound like 2 items are handed at the end of book 4)? Anybody know.

Thanks.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

It gives a special candy as well as the reward voucher which you then take to the reward NPC for a random displayed reward.
Alex
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alex »

OK that makes sense, I just dont seem to have gotten a reward voucher. Anybody else have this happen to them?
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Hm. The reward voucher is awarded before the new cakes in the code, so if anything fails it should be the cake. I'll take a look at it, but also remember the reward voucher can decay so if you turn in your book and then go afk, it'll poof.
Alex
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alex »

Please let me know. I got the cake immediately after I handed in the 4th book. Got the Goblin Cake and nothing else. I looked for a tier 4 reward right after but found nothing, no voucher either. No AFK time in between either and walked up to all NPCs. I checked everywhere and nothing.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

I checked, there's nothing amiss in the code, so I'm not sure what would've happened there. Unfortunately I don't have any way to check into it further than that.
Tredin
Elder Scribe

Post by Tredin »

Edit: nope my theory was wrong.
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

I've had the Grimm die but not drop a corpse. I know it died because I got the credit for it in the quest book.

Not that fussed, but I thought I'd mention it.
Character name: Ebony