Fall Deco Contest

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
Eos
Master Scribe

Re: Fall Deco Contest

Post by Eos »

Another set! After recovering from the terror of the first round, I dared door number 7, Angelique:

where I was nearly instant deathed by a pair of GiAnT GrInDeRs guarding the entrance!! Good thing I tripped on that severed hand and looked up! I slowly, step, back,

straight into Zalia's massive dark forest and a -- f-f-fresh c-c-coff-in? Or is it, a giant wooden sleeping bag, for a light-sleeping vampire??! Run away!!!

Alauna's house - phew -- just one tree this time. Ok... but, a closer look reveals it to be the nesting grounds of something feeding its chicks -- EWWW!! Are those human HEADS?! I look away and dash inside,

where I become immediately transfixed by a painting!!! :shock: After standing here oogling too long, I notice some other trick-or-treaters head upstairs. I follow. SCORE! :goodsuprise: It's a feast for braving her spooky haunt!

I pocket some fruit, grab a drink and move out, a bit more spoiled than before. I wander, hoping the next gate, Ishamael's, will also be a giant spread of trea--- pumpkins?? O.O

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!

:woot: I ran right up and tried to trick or treat them, but my voice went all WAHHHH WAHHHH WOHHH WAHH and anyhow they seemed to be empty. Apparently they stayed up all night waiting on a Pumpkin Claus...? But, one did give me a rock, and another recited a spell for restitution, and then the beagle offered me a kiss.

Next gate. The past two with candy rooftop and charming kids completely erased my memory that this is...

Halloween!! Hmm, Dreamstalker's got a spider challenge at his door. How will I pass?! Inspired by the previously rewarded bravery, I crawl under the east web and push through the doors looking for that sure-to-be feast...

but quickly realize I might BE the feast!! :? AHHHHH!!! Run away!!!

I head for Sethra Lavode's, she's nice. She has great yard sales. She'll have great candy. She'll have... a trail of severed heads?! *reads book*

"Follow the heads to the cave..." OH! It's a MAP! The candy is in the cave!! I knew this was the one! *deep breath* I pull open the squeaky iron gate, tip-toe in, and meet...

:shock: HEADLESS HORSEMAN!!! It's so beautifully dark I forget all about eating candy and stuff it in through my eyeballs instead. I decide maybe the horseman should keep his loot and I'll just head on out, eh heh heh... *walks backwards half way, then turns and runs maniacally*

:D More to come!
Golden Temptress
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Golden Temptress »

Eos I've loved reading your stories with a cup of tea, made me chuckle and it bought it all to life :D
Zalia
Elder Scribe

Post by Zalia »

I'm hoping someone liked the Hansel & Gretel theme of my house. I am terrible at deco competitions, never place or anything. I'll stick to BODs I think.............
Golden Temptress
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Golden Temptress »

Loved the theme zalia :)
Eos
Master Scribe

Post by Eos »

Round 3 of 4! :D

After narrowly escaping the acephalous equestrian, I hesitated before my next gate. There's really no way to know what you're walking into. These Halloween masters don't fool around, they'll cobweb the entrance and load it with - jewel-eyed spiders!!?

After holding-absolutely-still I determine these spiders have been recently fed and confidently continue into Dr. Faust's spooky front yard. It feels like walking into the kitchen of a connoisseur orc camp. There are unusual cuts from all manner of species strewn unceremoniously about. I notice a menu on the ground, still clutched by a hand, and don't see "vegan elven priestess" listed anywhere. Oh good! I'm certainly very safe here.

I head in further, almost mesmerized, lulled even, and come face to face with the most grisly, ghastly, but luckily penned, mobs I had ever seen. In one cell, a wolf was pulling a man's flesh off while he yet lived! D; And in another, a mutant man with an unsightly hand bellowed frightfully and slapped the cage bars. O.O But in the third cell, I noticed a grounded, but living, gazer all lidded up, and wondered what could be its trouble. A chopping sound behind me stops, and I turn my head to greet a pair of staring-right-at-me gruesome chefs. It is then that I notice a freshly skinned gazer's eye leaning out the stew pot, next to a scrawled sign reading, "New Dish: Gazer".

That wasn't on the menu... Um... Why are the chefs grinning at me like --- AHHHH!!! I *rel por* to the entrance and fly through the portal straight into

Keth'laa's. Just what I needed after that macabre smorgasboard. It's very subtly festive and quite architecturally striking. I walk around, my eyes roving along the lines and floating atop the colors. When my foot could climb no higher, I turned south to take a deep visual inhale, when I then see, mere tiles from me, a witch on a broomstick soaring past. I stare in awe, when her head turns and she looks right at me. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I retreat, running, the witch's cackle close behind, chasing me down, round, and out the beautiful château,

into Ellewyn's cabin. I let out a *deep* sigh of relief. There's a welcome feast and plenty of. The table is enormous and I seat myself. I stare out the window at the changing fall orchard, and drool at the barrel of their fruits by the hearth. I wait patiently for a hostess or server - but none come. How odd, all this food and not a single person... I notice a staircase and decide to investigate.

At the top floor I find my answer in the spectre of a woman seated at a diary. She smiles warmly and gestures toward the book. I read it. She was murdered here in this very room... :O She looks at me and I quickly curve my :O into a :> and attempt a res in three different languages.

Sorrowed by the woeful ghost's demise, I mindlessly meander straight into Davmustin's grove of druids, heavily shrouded, ominously chanting.

The sound seems to twist of its own volition, and the grounds dance and rise, the spiders hiss and the fires roar and climb, when all of a silent sudden it - stops - and 6 cloaked angry faces turn to stare SW! Ughm - :> - RUNNNNNNN!!!

to Golden Temptress. Phew. The bright orange color is a kindred hug and I take a deep breath, relaxed at last. After all that adrenaline it's like reaching holy ground.

The eerie soundtrack of the previous haunt is here contrasted as a distant song of elves and angels. Even the spiders are polite, off to the sides and out of your way, practically tipping their hats hello. Ahh, mercy, hello.

I wander in and peer down into an endless darkness, before choosing a side and heading upstairs

to something delicious. I snatch a glowing muffin from an armored cicada and pocket it, then watch, baffled, at is slowly rematerializes out of my pocket back onto the table. Hmm. Keeping an eye on the table, I nimbly step over the baby giant spider

and whoa!! What a tree!! No wonder the food is glowing here!! The spiders all giggle bashfully - until I tried to steal an apple - when they suddenly surrounded me with bared full rounds of - gulp - very angry fangs. I release the tugged apple and gently step back, open-palmed, and they instantly resumed their pleasant, innocent smiles as if nothing happened. Counting my blessings, I head back down, for a second nab at that muffin, and this time go for a bite. But, just as I almost have it, the edible neon dematerializes out of my hand and back upon the table. Foiled again! Definitely a haunted house.

At this point I'm not sure which gate I haven't visited yet, as I haven't been observing any sort of procession order. I backtrack through just saw, just there, hey what's this??? I swear I've seen this too but... OH HEY! That's +N+V's house! HAHA!! The roof, the bushes, the pumpkin layout, the leftside gravel, the little trick or treater girl and the teal pumpkin!

And the candy table on the tile floor, haha xD Every detail!

Finally I got my glowing treat, full-size and allergy-free! I am so hitting that house again next year. How did Baxter pull that together so quickly? I twirl my new lightcircle high in the air, skipping off to my next portal...

one set left ^_^
DrussRob
Journeyman Scribe

Post by DrussRob »

*applauds*
"Hot Molly is hot"
Rahr
Elder Scribe

Post by Rahr »

Been gone since last Halloween! I see you only got to round 3 Eos,
Was hoping to see mine in round 4 : ( Sadly I smashed my keyboard when I realized I didn't place
And haven't been on since! Lol kiddin, had a new baby in September and just havent
found the time yet :) thanks for the players choice y'all, Admins don't know what's up ; )
Hope to find time play again soon