Fall Deco Contest

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Nyx
Administrator

Re: Fall Deco Contest

Post by +Nyx »

The winners are in!

Bracket 1:
1st Place - Davmustin - 40 points
2nd Place - Raven Starr - 30 points
3rd Place - Deacon - 15 points

Honorable Mention - Ambivalence - 10 points

Bracket 2:
1st Place - Neve DeLeon - 45 points
2nd Place - Baxster - 25 points
3rd Place - Ellewyn - 20 points

Honorable Mention - Ishamael - 10 points
Honorable Mention - Iago Venport - 10 points

Player's Choice:
(this has no special reward)
Bracket 1: Davmustin
Bracket 2: Rahr

Prizes will be going out now, check your bank boxes for those.

Also, a note: the deco piece of the prize has 2 directions, each prize bag receives a random one.

- +N
Maze Scarlethart
Master Scribe

Post by Maze Scarlethart »

Thanks +Nyx! I had a great time building my deco house :)
Ishamael
Elder Scribe

Post by Ishamael »

I had a blast! Lot's of great entries this year! Congrats to the winners, looking forward to the next one!
Iago Venport
Elder Scribe

Post by Iago Venport »

Thanks for the honorable mention! I've always been a fan of the Gypsy determining your fate in the Ultima series and the opening to Ultima 7 - The Black Gate. Really stretched my mind to make something comprehensive and interactive with them. :D

-Iago
Maze Scarlethart
Master Scribe

Post by Maze Scarlethart »

Ultima 7a and 7b are the best games ever! <3
Blathzar
Elder Scribe

Post by Blathzar »

Magic carpet for the win ! Also used to blow up the banker @ britania to get the bank key and steal all the gold/ingots/nuggets. Then take the corpse to be rewed by lord British and sell the ingots/nuggets back to make more gold xD haha Epic good times. Those Glass Swords were really sweet as well. Erm anyway... totally off topic xD Sorry.
Iago Venport
Elder Scribe

Post by Iago Venport »

Next deco contest: recreate a scene out of one of the Ultima games! :woot:
moonsongtx
Elder Scribe

Post by moonsongtx »

*rubs hands together and grins* Now for Winter! :D
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

moonsongtx wrote:*rubs hands together and grins* Now for Winter! :D
Already built my first practice snowman :)
Character name: Ebony
Iago Venport
Elder Scribe

Post by Iago Venport »

Eos
Master Scribe

Post by Eos »

Saturday, it is time. I visit the Fallen Gates. I prepare myself mentally:
This will be scary, terrifying, and frightful.
I will encounter horrific sights I never imagined, and possibly a few I have.
I can do this. I hold my breath, and step through.

First house, Deacon. I freeze at the entrance. There are cobwebs and skeletons everywhere, and not only that, but the resident is apparently sizzling up a flesh BBQ right NOW!

Not sure if I should, I head inside. It is as if something very, very hideous happened here... I tip-toe around and try not to step on anything, then head upstairs, where I find...

OH NO!! Someone's mutilated the Seven Dwarves!! Poor Doc became something else's dapple lumplings. I hear a sound behind me CHT CHT CHT what IS that?!

EWWW!!! Grumpy's unwashed arm!! I turn and flee, leaping down flights of stairs four tiles at a time.

Once I get out I stop to catch my breath. I notice a small book on the ground. I pick it up.

OHHHH!! That explains everything!!! Phew. I am so glad that was the demise of some bad guy and not the merry men of the good forest.

Well, that was scary. Let's hope the other houses will be more about the color orange, or, the shape of pumpkins.

Next gate: Pek. Just what I needed. A nice refreshing moment of Zen. Pek's theme is quite simply, fall garden.

I peek around and note a few deco ideas then head back for the gates. I fall into Neve's gate, the Fall Festival. Only, the fairgrounds are vacant and empty of its crowd. It's eerie and quiet, compared to the busy event itself. I reminisce. That was a good day. I ran all the way home from Khaldun to make that party! I get a screen for the road,

The past two experiences were easy-going, cheering even... so I'm ready for another nightmare. Good thing, 'cause that's exactly what I walk into. Now viewing: Kyan. The Nightmare Before Christmas!

I get a giggle at the wee henchmen guards, as mental quotes of the movie spontaneously play in my head. "Halloween - it's not a day, it's a lifestyle!" Oh, sweet, Jack, Skellington!

"My dearest friend, if you don't mind... I'd like to join you by your side..."

If I was happy before, now I'm downright giddy. I consider heading back to Deacons just to dose up some scary juice before continuing. This is way too much delight and smiling! Bring on the spooktacular!! Ok ok here we go: Arsenic. A name like that has got to deliver!

Oh yesssss - it's creepy alright! Rotting bodies hanging from trees, decaying corpses still hanging in cells, and bones. Lots of bones.

I squeeze through the hallway, ready at any moment for some rattling chains or moaning winds, but all's well. This place has been vacant a while. I head upstairs. Hsshsssssshsssss... what IS that??! I duck behind a bookcase, and peer around the corner:

The libraries been overrun by giant, mutant spiders!! Oh no, all those great words, never to be read again! Stepping light so as not to notify the heavy readers, I head up the next flight of stairs,

Ohhh my!! There's definitely something disturbing going on in here!! Either someone's beheading for pleasure, or, there's some kind of Frankenstein experiment going on... wait, Frankenstein?! I could be next!! AHHHH!! I'm gettin' outta heeeere!!

*pants* Alright... :shock: I'm gonna pause here to go catch Spectre xD More Eosian Highlights to come!
Alex
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alex »

Looking to buy the fall deco contest reward. Hope everyone enjoyed mine before it was removed. [PM Alejandro if you are interested in selling your bag with the reward thanks.
Ishamael
Elder Scribe

Post by Ishamael »

I saw yours Alejandro, it was awesome! love the costumes you had for your trick or treaters. A lot of good entries this year.
Pek
Elder Scribe

Post by Pek »

Thank you for holding the event Nyx. It was fun as always and some great entries this year. I remember doing a graveyard last year and thought I'd change it up and try my hand at making a Japanese Dojo and fall garden.

Congratulations to the winners and I'm looking forward to the next one!
Ecthelion - Drizzt - Gandalf Greyhame
Davemustache
Master Scribe

Post by Davemustache »

Thank +Nyx for this great event and those who vote for me :goodsuprise: The rewards are fantastic, specially the shelf. Congrats to all winners and participants. Now that i stop my happy dance, i can start working on a winter design.
Davmustin