Introducing: New Plant Hues

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Nyx
Administrator

Introducing: New Plant Hues

Post by +Nyx »

As a part of the Elysium plant updates, I have (with much help from +C!) added 6 new plant hues to the 'regular' plant system, which are obtainable now.

Top row from left: Mint, Peach, Sherbet
Bottom row from left: Taupe, Lime, Violet

You will obtain these new hues as you cross-breed your previously-un-crossable naturalist quest seeds. These new colors produce only 3 seeds per plant, and are marginally more challenging to care for. I will not reveal the exact combinations needed in order to obtain these new hues but I will say that each seed color from the naturalist quest has a unique cross-breeding result. Beyond that, you'll have to experiment. :)

Happy Planting!

- +N
+Nyx
Administrator

Re: Introducing: New Plant Hues

Post by +Nyx »

If you notice any bugs with this, please send a page. Things like plants getting deleted, or not breeding properly should be reported. Some plants won't cross-breed with the naturalist seeds into anything special, this is normal and does not need to be reported.
Golden Temptress
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Golden Temptress »

Fantastic just getting set up for this now and doing a whole ten of naturalist quests to aquire more seeds after giving a load to the big green plant eating machine :shock:

I have one question however - is the cross breeding based of colour combos when the correct colours are matched they produce the required seed, or is the cross breeding more specific on the breed/colour combo producing the required new seed
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

It's color-based only, the type of plant won't be affected.
Isaac Newton
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Isaac Newton »

This looks like a job for some dork who ran the naturalist quest hundreds of times to collect at least one of every seed.

And you are a wicked vixen, +Nyx. Making me use that one last seed to collect new colors. Sigh. :lol:

Thank you very much for the new stuff!
Isaac Newton

What sad times are these when passing ruffians can say ‘Ni’ at will to old ladies.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Isaac Newton wrote:This looks like a job for some dork who ran the naturalist quest hundreds of times to collect at least one of every seed.

And you are a wicked vixen, +Nyx. Making me use that one last seed to collect new colors. Sigh. :lol:

Thank you very much for the new stuff!
:wink:
Viirin
Adept Scribe

Post by Viirin »

You got me, you +Nyx, you.
Is this why only "some Naturalist quest seeds will go into the seed box" that you told me earlier?

Because older ones were a different Item# because the new ones have a different script, and the previous aren't edited, so it's a new item type and the box only recognizes the previous?

Also, are you meant to collect the pollen from other plants and add it onto the Naturalist ones, or take Naturalist pollen onto other plants, or can you do it both ways?
Let me say it better. Colors are just examples so I can understand (and everyone else if they need it):

Red Poppies + Naturalist = Violet Lilies (natural pollen + quest = mod color natural plant)

or

Pink Tribarrel + Original = Peach Century? (quest pollen + natural plant = mod color natural plant)

Also, since that's only 6, but there are more Naturalist/Original color combos, will the others make a debut eventually? I'm looking forward to combining Bright Blue and Rare Fire Red into Ice Blue.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

The seed box issue is just a long standing bug with the box script that coli hadn't gotten around to fixing yet. Instead, he had temporarily disabled adding them to the box, so it wouldn't continue to delete those seeds. Since there will be a lot more demand for them now, though, he's planning to fix it soon.

I'm not going to tell you how the cross breeding works, just that it does :)
Viirin
Adept Scribe

Post by Viirin »

Cool :)
Uh, but regarding your Page response, how come I got a normal seed from the Bonsai quest? I selected "Fancy".
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

There is a thread for the bonsai quest.

You received an exceptional bonsai, which is in the fancy category. It isn't a normal bonsai.
Viirin
Adept Scribe

Post by Viirin »

Sorry!
*does the Naturalist quest another 10 times and uses fertile dirt on all of it, then watches palms sweat since I have a box full of day 9 no seed plants just for the pollen already stocked up*
Golden Temptress
Elysium Beta Tester

Hi please excuse me if this has been awswered above or elsewhere as I'm just curiously wondering when the new 6 mint/taupe/lime etc.. hues will be added to the seed box as I may soon have a few nice little piles of seeds in my house :woot:

Thanks Golden Temptress
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

Out of interest, has anyone got any of these new seeds yet.
Character name: Ebony
Viirin
Adept Scribe

Post by Viirin »

A few people have gotten some of the new seeds so far :)
I was given a few by a friend of mine who does plant stuff with me.
But I saw an issue.

The seeds have the plant type stated first, the color second. Like it says "Rushes Sherbet", not "Sherbet Rushes". I bring it up because other plants are called things like "Bright Red Century", not "Century Bright Red", for example.
Golden Temptress
Elysium Beta Tester

Still concerned where i'm going to store them but i'm sure our lovely gms will be working on something, would be great if they bring out seed keys :nod: