"Inbetweenies" Discussion Group Enrollment

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Nyx
Administrator

"Inbetweenies" Discussion Group Enrollment

Post by +Nyx »

This discussion group is specifically for Elysium. Since I am targeting Elysium at the mid-range playerbase, those are the only folks accepted into this group. The group is centered around providing ideas/feedback for Elysium and participants will also be "first in line" for selection when I put together groups to test various aspects of the facet.

Requirements:
- Account age over 6 months
- No AFK, harassment, or language violations for at least 1 year back. Note: If you have only a mild violation (warning/no jail) within this time frame, you may still be eligible. I will review your shard history and general behavior as part of considering your application - this goes for all applicants.
- 2-6 relayers and/or 200+ Dex. Note: If you have slightly less gear but meet the other requirements, you may apply if you wish- but explain why you think your input will be helpful without the proper level of gear to understand the dynamics that will be discussed. You may or may not be granted access. If you have more than 6 relayers, you'd belong in the Veteran discussion group when it reopens.
- Discretion, maturity, and amiability. I don't mind if you mention to your friends that you're in the group, or vague generalities of what's discussed/upcoming. However, I don't want folks who will be braggarts going on about their special privs with the staff, or ruining all these nice surprises I've come up with for the rest of the playerbase. Nor do I want folks in the group who can't discuss things in a respectful and grown-up manner. Basically, I need mature, responsible, intelligent people who want to help shape & test the facet and who aren't in this for the bragging rights/rewards/ego boost/etc.
- Availability. I need folks who will frequently be checking the forum and who are on often enough to be able to help test things when needed. If you're someone who only checks the forums twice a month or who has less than 12 hours to play each week, your activity level is too low for what I need.

If you meet these requirements and would like to participate in this discussion group to help shape this new content, please reply to this thread. Once verified and approved, you will be given access to the sub-forum.

If accepted, the forum will become visible at the bottom of the main page, underneath the Wiki Talk forum.

- +N
AcidBern
Elder Scribe

Re: "Inbetweenies" Discussion Group Enrollment

Post by AcidBern »

+Nyx,

I am interested in helping with Elysium in any way possible. I would consider myself a mid level player. I currently only have 1 relayer, but am close to having a 2nd when I finish my other projects. I have well over 200 dex as I scored a +50 from the harrower and now have max stats underneath my gear. I am not someone that plays all day every day as I have a job and what not, but I do have plenty of time to play and am usually on daily. I applied to do some deco in elysium but was not selected. I am very interested i the fishing aspect of the new facet and would very much like to be a part!
Thanks for your consideration.

AcidBern - Jedi Knight, [JDI]
tyco
Novice Scribe

Post by tyco »

I guess I would be considered tword the end of it but I think I would classify and I would be greatly interested in joining :)
Haroo
Passer by

Post by Haroo »

I am willing to participate. I have 2 relayers and play every day.
Angmmar
Adept Scribe

Post by Angmmar »

Hi i have 2003 days in the server, really want to join this becouse one the reason theres no more new players and low population, i think, in my personal opinion is about the server is directed to donators and alot of relayer geared players, if u make this new dungeon like a monster 1 hit = death will be big fail in my opinion, i dont have relayers, and if i have it some day will be becouse i make gold selling, trading, getting treasures, etc... the only reason for i dont donate is simple, if i want to pay i pay the offcial UO servers, like in WoW, i did have account in official server for too long... so anyways if u want the opinion of a regular player, who likes to play with leechs and not with "bandages" and high dex, mix with ranger and melee weapons and pets, and like team plays and not a 1 team army required to do some challenges like umbra zone quest or collector quests, invite me... if not... well u know what u have to do... Peace and really likes this server and dont want it falls down... Cyasssss :dance

[PM Deathbringer in game
Last edited by Angmmar on Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

id like to apply for entry to group.

1. my account age is around 14 months

2. I've never been caught afking , harassing or violating

3. I don't have a relayer yet but hope to have one by the end of this month. ive eaten a +50 stat scroll and have 221 dex and 273 hp I still need 3 of the +5 strength scrolls which I should have done by end of month so that and the relayer i'm working on will take me over 300 hp. my gear is ok but to be honest my fighting skills are average at best.

4. I promise not to brag about stuff before facet opens but once it is open I will mention being a beta tester every chance I get and I do expect at least a sash proclaiming me as an authentic beta tester

5. i'm always on
jimbo.marshall
Master Scribe

Post by jimbo.marshall »

My character name is Dirk Sanchez. I would really like to help even if its just as a tester. i have 221 dex and 2 relayers. my account is only 141 days old but i have pretty much been on constantly that entire time when i wasnt out of town. i think that i could give good perspective and i am married so i know how to handle hearing the word no. I feel like i get along with most people on the shard and the staff very well. i have no interest in bragging. this is the first shard i have played on since the mid 90's so I dont have any experience with other free to play shards. I dont know if that is good or bad. ive built alot of houses but ive not been able to get around to deco because ive been working on my gear but i do have a house that is 7 plots. thanks for consideration!
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

Can i participate in this discussion group if i'm already in another one?
moonsongtx
Elder Scribe

Post by moonsongtx »

I'd like to participate but I did have a chat violation (2 hour chat ban) a bit back. So I'm not sure if I qualify.

------------
Neve DeLeon
Last edited by moonsongtx on Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Golden Temptress
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Golden Temptress »

I have played over 2000 days, 247 stren, 243 dex, 122 int and 5 relayers, I am willing to give anything a go and can keep what I see/learn under my hat and not tell anyone of any upcoming events

Never been in trouble appart from one afk encounter where I tried to outrun a number check as I thought it was trying to chase me and it freaked me out :lol: :woot:

I am friendly, helpful and can contribute ideas and feedback if required with a little giggle along the way, too also add that I will happily go along with any requests and work alongside other shardies/gms that need a helping hand

I hope I can be of help... Golden Temptress
mattwaldram
Elder Scribe

Post by mattwaldram »

I'll toss my keys in the bowl, so to speak. Would like to be involved. Still fairly young (about 320 days or some such) and meet the other criteria.

Plus, I have a nice, boyish charm*

*Boyish charm not guaranteed.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Applicants: If your forum username isn't the same as your in-game name, please add that to your post (and actually that should be in your forum signature as well if it isn't already).

I'll try to process these tonight after work
mattwaldram
Elder Scribe

Post by mattwaldram »

Hmmm, my in-game name has always been in my signature, but now seems to have vanished. I'll get that fixed, but in the meantime, I'm Oslington Weasel. Number One Weasel in the game and in your hearts.
mattwaldram
Elder Scribe

Post by mattwaldram »

mattwaldram wrote:Hmmm, my in-game name has always been in my signature, but now seems to have vanished. I'll get that fixed, but in the meantime, I'm Oslington Weasel. Number One Weasel in the game and in your hearts.
Update: my signature appears in my posts in all other threads, but not this one. Also, my posts in this thread don't count towards my overall post-count.

Innnnnnnnnnteresting.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Acidbern, tyco, Haroo, culichi, Neve, Golden, and Oslington - all approved and added. You can now view the group (only when logged into the forums) below the wiki talk forum. Please read the rules thread in there and reply accordingly.

Angmmar - you don't meet the gear requirements. While I appreciate your concerns, there are good reasons why I need folks with specific stats for this group. Elysium will not be "1-hit monsters" or combat - not at all. However, it will have a minimum level as shown in the requirements above, and those who don't have that gear haven't progressed far enough for my needs. I will still keep you in mind for future beta testing, though, as it will be useful to get folks below and above the desired gear range to test alongside the 'demographic group'. :)

jimbo.marshall - you do not meet the age requirement, and it is a firm limit. Elysium will require 6mo account age to even access it, and anyone who has been here less time than that does not have the uoex experience that I need for this project. At the pace this darn thing is going, though, you'll be past the age requirement by the next time I open enrollment for the group :lol:

Gaara - you're way overgeared for this, and you can't be in both groups at this time. I will not eliminate you from the potential beta-tester pool, however, because I know you've wanted to help with Elysium for a long time :)

Everyone else: I am still accepting new folks, for those interested.