Excelsior Radio

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Excelsior Radio

Post by +Requiem »

So, it's official. We are bringing back Excelsior Radio.

DjPaulus will be the main DJ, with a regular show, and we would like to offer the opportunity for other DJs to participate.

We're trying to figure out the best way to do it, without going completely overboard. I think DjPaulus plans on one, maybe 2 shows a week, which will be an hour long. (We are still ironing out the details). These radio shows will feature music, games, and giveaways just like a real radio station.

If you would be interested in having your own hour long show (either regular, or just once in a while), please email me with the following information. requiem@uoex.net

Character name:
Email address:
DJ name:
Show title:
A brief description of your show:
Type of music:
When you would like your show:
(date and time in shard time)
Are you available just once, or every week at this time? :

Please note, your radio show must match up with the availability of either djpaulus or myself.

If you get approved, I will contact you by email, and in game to let you know.

You may *request* something to give away during your show, with a description of the contest, or game, or whatever it is you plan to do to give that item away. Your request may or may not be honored. (I will most likely have limitations set on how much I am allowed to give out. If I have already allocated a certain amount to a DJ, and you sign up, I might not have the approved resources to give out for your show).

*Item requests can include things such as gold, tokens, ED, a special staff created food item, etc. No titan's hammers or anything rare. You are required to give away any such prizes given to you.

All the normal shard rules, and language rules apply to your show.
The broadcast must be recorded and made accessible to me immediately after the show. (I don't know if this can be automated with airtime.pro or not, I need to look into that).

You must be in good standing to apply. I consider good standing as: no jail time with 10+ tasks in the last 90 days. If you are approved, and receive jail time with 10+ tasks, your show will be canceled.

This is all I can think of for now. If you have ideas/suggestions/comments please feel free to bring them up as long as you can do so in a constructive manner. These rules may change with or without notice. If there is something i forgot, I will get back to you with whatever it is that is needed.
paulus
Elder Scribe

Re: Excelsior Radio

Post by paulus »

Hi All,

Mixxx which is the software I recommend (Its free)
Gives you the ability to record your show as it plays (you have to click a button for it to record) :)

I have today started testing the stream, and everything appears to be working, so we are getting close to launch :)

DJP
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

bump
Sailor Jerry
Elder Scribe

Post by Sailor Jerry »

Awesome work and add to the community all!

Is the additional bandwidth increasing our overhead? Are donations needed to compensate?
Full throttle, half-bottle, fun lovin, script huggin gamer nerd...
a Napa Valley 1 Percenter
AcidBern
Elder Scribe

Post by AcidBern »

bump