Fishing Contest

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Re: Fishing Contest

Post by +Requiem »

updated rules.
Dao Lin Hay
Passer by

Post by Dao Lin Hay »

Great thing, thank you very much!!:) :nod:
Sethra Lavode
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Sethra Lavode »

Thank you for the event, +R...you have reminded me how rewarding fishing can be! :nod:

For newer players, here's a bit of advise: if you can do the Mystical Sextant of Control quest, it makes steering the boat much easier! :lol:
Sandor
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Sandor »

Sethra Lavode wrote:Thank you for the event, +R...you have reminded me how rewarding fishing can be! :nod:

For newer players, here's a bit of advise: if you can do the Mystical Sextant of Control quest, it makes steering the boat much easier! :lol:
Where does this quest start Sethra? I have quite the collection of MiBs need to start fishing em soon :)
Blathzar
Elder Scribe

Post by Blathzar »

Sandor wrote:
Sethra Lavode wrote:Thank you for the event, +R...you have reminded me how rewarding fishing can be! :nod:

Where does this quest start Sethra? I have quite the collection of MiBs need to start fishing em soon :)
If i remember well it start at Britain shipyard. You might find usefull to locate a Rune library that have the Seaquest in a book so it makes it easier but less fun i guess... but if you want it faster thats the best. :) Good luck
Sandor
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Sandor »

Blathzar wrote:
Sandor wrote:

If i remember well it start at Britain shipyard. You might find usefull to locate a Rune library that have the Seaquest in a book so it makes it easier but less fun i guess... but if you want it faster thats the best. :) Good luck
Thanks Blathzar I will check it out!
Ishamael
Elder Scribe

Post by Ishamael »

Talk to the sea captain in excelsior halls, south east corner near a small dock. The mystical sextant quest starts there.
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

Congratulations Fishermen and Fisher-women of Excelsior.

Due to an unforeseen error in my original post, the fishing contest has to be ended 12 hours early. Although I meant for it to end at midnight, i typed it ending at noon. It would not be fair to anyone to extend it to midnight, since it was just brought to my attention now.

So, as my original post says, any fish dated August 16th, 12:00:00 or later will not be counted. I may still give a participation prize, but you will not be eligible to win one of the top 3 prizes. I'm sorry, but I have to go by what was typed, not by what was meant.

The drop box will remain up for the next 24-36 hours and then I will begin getting prizes ready. You can expect them later on this week.

Sorry for my mistake, but I hope you all had fun regardless.
Rysah
Passer by

Post by Rysah »

What if the fish I dropped in was time stamped on the 14th but I didn't get it into the box until a few minutes before midnight on the 16th (because I'm dumb, and also thought I'd have time to fish on the 15th so I didn't want to turn it in right away). It's not gonna be a top three winner, but I just wanted a participation prize :?
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

It goes by the time-stamp on the fish itself, not the time you put it into the box.
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

First of all, thank you all. I hope you sincerely enjoyed this event. Below is a list of the winners, and prizes awarded.

1st place: Zifnab with a 200 stone fish, caught on the 14th at 21:34 shard time.
2nd place: Culichi with a 200 stone fish, caught on the 15th at 19:18 shard time.
3rd place: Angelique with a 200 stone fish, caught on the 15th at 23:01 shard time.

1st prize - 100ED, and a unique deco map piece.
2nd prize - 50ED, and a unique deco map piece.
3rd prize - 25ED, and a unique deco map piece.

Everyone else who submitted a fish will get a participation prize, some gold, and some tokens.
If you submitted a fish that was fished up on the 16th between noon and midnight, I have decided
you will still receive a participation prize. There was some confusion as some of you thought I meant
the contest ended at midnight. (You were right, I just typed it wrong). I have to go by what I typed though
in order to be fair to everyone who partipated. Thankfully, the first 3 200 stone fish were before the deadline
that was typed anyways, so I did not have to disqualify anyone from winning 1st, 2nd or 3rd place!!

There was only one other 200 stone fish caught during this tournament, by Sweet Olive.

Congratulations to all!

Prizes will be going out over the next couple days. Expect yours to appear auto-magically in your bank box.
Blathzar
Elder Scribe

Post by Blathzar »

Thanks for the event +R i really had fun and had some time to explore fishing once again. :) Congratulation to the top 3 winners :)
Alex
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alex »

I never thought I would level up fishing. Thanks for the event!
Zifnab
Passer by

Post by Zifnab »

Thank you!! It was a blast!!
My thanks to Rysah, for telling me about the event :)
Rysah
Passer by

Post by Rysah »

I'm so glad I basically forced you online and then you beat me. <3