Summer Quest Reward Trade-In

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Nyx
Administrator

Summer Quest Reward Trade-In

Post by +Nyx »

From today until the 29th you can trade in your Doctor Who quest rewards for different ones.

Rewards are grouped by tier, so you'll need to turn in 8 of the same tier rewards to have enough tier tickets for a Trade In Voucher. Once you have a Trade In Voucher, you can use that to choose any reward from any tier.

Example: You have 4 extra jelly babies, 2 extra Clara's Leaf, an extra astral map, and an extra celery. You need an Adipose. You can trade in all of those tier 2 rewards for a voucher, and then use the voucher to select the Adipose.

How it works:
Go back to the quest start area in Serps Hold
Enter the blue gate
Drop your unwanted reward items into the blue box.
Drop your tier tickets into the blue box to receive a trade-in voucher
Take your voucher to Katja, in the same room
Read through the book next to Katja to find the keyword for the reward you would like
Speak the keyword for the reward item you've chosen and wait for the confirmation gump.
Your chosen reward will be placed into your pack. This reward will be account bound, but otherwise the exact same as the reward received during the quest.

NOTE: Be VERY careful when talking near Katja - if you speak one of the keywords and trigger her before you're ready, you will not be able to undo the trade! If you need to speak regarding the system, make sure you are not standing on the pale-beige colored floor tiles that surround her. If you are outside of that area, you should be safe from triggering her.

You may repeat this process as often and as many times as you like.
+Nyx
Administrator

Re: Summer Quest Reward Trade-In

Post by +Nyx »

In the future, you will likely have to trade in items within the tier of the reward you wish to choose (8 tier 2 items to choose a new tier 2 for example), but for now you're able to choose any reward from any tier. It was going to take another 2 hours (I already spent 6 on this >.<) to get that part working and since this quest was less utilized than others, I figured I'd run the trade in system this way and see how it goes.