Excelsior Hunting Event

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Nyx
Administrator

Excelsior Hunting Event

Post by +Nyx »

Greetings hunters! It is time yet again to sharpen your arrows and re-wrap your bow grips for another hunting event!

For the next 4.5 weeks, participants will be hunting the Britannian Boar.
boar.jpg
boar.jpg (13.21 KiB) Viewed 9363 times
Killing these boars will yield a trophy. Look on their corpses for these trophies:
boar trophy.jpg
boar trophy.jpg (20.55 KiB) Viewed 9357 times
They will vary depending on the boar's weight, tusk length, and the overall quality of the harvested trophy. These trophies are not permanent items, but are used to calculate your total score at the end of the quest. The score ranges are as follows:

Weight: 100-800 lbs (x 0.1) [Example: Weight of 217 = Score of 21.7]
Tusk Length: 1-20 inch [Score of 1-20]
Quality: Poor (5), Low (10), Fair (15), Average (20), Above Average (25), High (30), Superior (35), Peerless (40) [Score of 5-40]

Total Score = Weight Score + Tusk Length Score + Quality Score

Participants are allowed to submit only one trophy during this event, so it is to the advantage of each player to only keep their highest valued trophy and trash their lowest ones. All trophies are bound to their looter and will not be counted if this person is different from the one submitting the trophy. There is nothing against keeping a few extra trophies for decoration, but keep in mind that they are temporary and will be deleted after the completion of the quest.

The last hunting day will be August 21st. After this time, there will be a 3-day period where players can submit their trophies. On August 24th at 8:00am shard time, submissions will no longer be accepted and the results will be calculated. There will be multiple rewards for the highest scoring participants as well as a general reward for all participants. Please remember the dates and times of importance. If you are unable to log in during the 3-day period after hunting, then you will need to submit your best trophy prior to the deadline.

All trophies are submitted by dropping them into the chest inside the hunting cabin. The portal to the cabin is found In Moonglow between the Blacksmith shop and the Bank.

Please Note:
-One submission per account. Multiple submissions on one character or account will disqualify you from the event.
-When you submit your trophy, you are done with the quest. There are no redos or "I accidentally submitted the wrong trophy" excuses that will result with a resubmission.

About the Britannian Boar:

Britannian Boars are very territorial animals, and like to distance themselves from other boars. While they are not dragons, they are still very resilient animals that can survive many wounds and have earned quite a reputation from killing novice hunters. There are many locations where the Britannian Boar can be found. Sightings have been made all over the hunting area.

There are also 2 quests in the event area, updated for this iteration of the hunting event. You can run each quest only once during this hunting event, and you will be able to choose whether you wish to have an armor reward or gold. Visit the town to the North of the hunting lodge to check them out. In addition, if you're lucky enough to find a Treasure Troll, you can turn in a chest & key to Treasure Tom in town for a special reward.

Rewards list to come later...

Happy Hunting!

+N & +V
Ishamael
Elder Scribe

Re: Excelsior Hunting Event

Post by Ishamael »

Woot! Time to polish up my boar hunting spears!! :dance
dinksmallwood
Passer by

Post by dinksmallwood »

Oh, it's on. I hope you guys are ready to lose....
Honus
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Honus »

Can we get the spawn rate increased for the crabs? It's crazy slow.
MhBlis
Journeyman Scribe

Post by MhBlis »

Are the Treasure Trolls spawning only on the Island or all over. I really really hope they have the Vorpal Bunny ai. I'm just imagining people chasing their trolls through Destard Lvl 3
Deacon
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Deacon »

They are evidently the hardest to find. I have spent hours looking for just them alone lol starting to wonder if they are a myth :P
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

The crabs' spawn rate is the same as everything else. When you're hunting quest mobs the first couple days of any quest, it's going to feel slow because so many people are hunting at the same time.

Treasure trolls spawn anywhere in the event area, and yes they are rare. They're not meant to be something you find every day.
allendown
Journeyman Scribe

Post by allendown »

treasure trolls, first day of hunting, found two, have two keys now, but was unable to find any chest, expect that is because others found them first.
Agony
Legendary Scribe

Post by Agony »

+Nyx wrote:The last hunting day will be August 21st. After this time, there will be a 3-day period where players can submit their trophies.
I just went to submit my piggy & the portal to the hunting lodge is closed. Where do we do this until August 24th?

Wait nm.. It is slowly reappearing one tile at a time :P
Rahr
Elder Scribe

Post by Rahr »

Hunting nearly everyday for hours on end. Thousands of boar, over 50 keys and 25ish treasure chests later....doubtful I will even place :dance I'll settle for a Most Boar Slain Trophy :D
Alpharius
Master Scribe

Post by Alpharius »

I'm hoping to get the, "At least you tried" Trophy.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

The results are in!

There were 138 total entries, and no ties in the top 10.

Winners:
First Place: Bexley Providence with a score of 138.4
Second Place: GrundyGolem with a score of 138
Third Place: Rahr with a score of 137.8

The top 3 will each receive ED and a specialized trophy in addition to the regular participation reward.

And, just for fun, here's the rest of the top 10:
4 - Jamkul with a score of 137.5
5 - Vaelden with a score of 137.2
6 - Sick P with a score of 136.9
7 - Mystery Man with a score of 136.8
8 - haroo with a score of 136.6
9 - Kyan with a score of 136.5
10 - Arsenic with a score of 135.6

Participation rewards will be going out shortly.

Hope everyone had fun this time around! Now it's time for me to start focusing on the halloween dungeon, quests, and walking dead event for October ;)
Rahr
Elder Scribe

Post by Rahr »

Wooooo! I placed top 10! Time spent payed off, thanks +Nyx and staff! Special Cheers Bexley, Grundy and top 10
Mystery Man
Elder Scribe

Post by Mystery Man »

Great job to the winners and thanks +Nyx for the fun !