Spring Quest 2015

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Nyx
Administrator

Spring Quest 2015

Post by +Nyx »

To begin the quest, speak with Rufus the Gardener's Apprentice near the giant tree to the North of Lakeshire.

Please actually read the quest books and pay attention to what the NPCs tell you. This quest isn't self-explanatory or all that linear. Taking a few moments to actually read what the questbook says will prevent you having to spam world chat asking for help for information that is already available to you. I went to the trouble of making it easy for you, the least you can do is read it. :lookingout:

There are 60 total rewards, which are on display on the rooftop next to the reward NPC. The 38 rewards from last year are still in effect with the exception of the My Little Ponies and the Spring Blooms which are different this year. I have added 4 new types of rewards, each with multiple directions and/or hues within that reward item (total of 22 entirely new rewards possible). The new vines that are on display come in both directions for each of the 6 colors, I just didn't have room to display them all.

This quest can be repeated every 4 hours and will be open until approximately May 4th. The quest books will decay 24 hours after you obtain them.

Any attempt to obtain multiple quest books in order to run the quest more frequently, and any attempts to obtain multiple rewards for an individual quest run will result in revocation of access to the quest. Being a poor sport, causing trouble, or otherwise just being a stick in the mud in regards to the event may also result in revocation of access to it. Basically, play nice and you'll be fine.

Enjoy, shardlings!

+N
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Re: Spring Quest 2015

Post by fixxer1963 »

*rubbing hands together in anticipation*
Isaac Newton
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Isaac Newton »

First the obvious questions that always get asked.

1. Where does the quest start?
2. What do we do?
3. Where are the rewards?
4. When does the quest end? :lool:

Now that's out of the way...

Thank you very much for another year of this wonderful quest. I just set up a new house and used flowerpots for south and east walls on the top two levels. Now I can get new flowerpots.

One observation from the first run. The confined rabbit area can quickly get clogged with corpses making it difficult to find your own kills. This confined area could also be a problem with people not having consideration for others by switching from area weapons.

Happy spring time to all.

Isaac Newton
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

I'll go and make the wascaly wabbits' corpses decay at an increased rate to help keep it clear :)

Edit: forgot to mention - AOE spells and weapon effects, as well as pets, are disabled in all of the mob areas for this quest.
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Post by fixxer1963 »

um, the hit area affects still work, Just saw somebody doing it
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

You will still see the spell animation - there's no way to stop that - but it doesn't actually damage in an area. I suspect this feature might be malfunctioning off and on, though, so I've mentioned it to +C.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

For the confused: you have to -steal- the items from the ground. It's not obvious but it is a pattern in quests here.
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Post by fixxer1963 »

Oh, just to clarify.. LOVE this quest. Wasn't complaining... just blurting out an observation.
moonsongtx
Elder Scribe

Post by moonsongtx »

WOOT! I just finished the quest and got the blue and white flowers. They look a LOT like the bluebonnets of this Texan's home. :) Thanks for helping me not be so homesick!!!
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

Isaac Newton wrote:First the obvious questions that always get asked.

1. Where does the quest start?
2. What do we do?
3. Where are the rewards?
4. When does the quest end? :lool:

Now that's out of the way...

Thank you very much for another year of this wonderful quest. I just set up a new house and used flowerpots for south and east walls on the top two levels. Now I can get new flowerpots.

One observation from the first run. The confined rabbit area can quickly get clogged with corpses making it difficult to find your own kills. This confined area could also be a problem with people not having consideration for others by switching from area weapons.

Happy spring time to all.

Isaac Newton
In my defense, I was the only one in the enclosure. :lool:
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

fixxer1963 wrote:um, the hit area affects still work, Just saw somebody doing it
It was definitely showing damage to the horses outside the pen. Didn't check to see if it was actually damaging them. Actually, the fact they they didn't die probably says they didn't take damage.

But the WW certainly made a mess in the pen.

Edit
Ok, confirmed. The AOE's are working in the rabbit pen at least.
Reskal
Elder Scribe

Post by Reskal »

I read the questbook but it does'nt tell me where gwenno's grave is
Reskal
Elder Scribe

Post by Reskal »

with a little help i managed to do the quest, very fine one, fun and interesting, and got a rare bonsai seed ! :)
Disposablequeen
Passer by

Post by Disposablequeen »

I was wondering if you'd tell us whether the bonsai seeds grow in to anything different from the ones normally available? I would be very appreciative!
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

I *think* they grow into colors not available otherwise, but I can't remember for 100% what bonsai colors you guys can already get seeds for.

Here's what they'll grow into:
bonsai.png
bonsai.png (47.14 KiB) Viewed 7159 times