Cupid Quest 2018

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Nyx
Administrator

Cupid Quest 2018

Post by +Nyx »

Cupid is in need of help. Venus, yet again angered at him, is tormenting him by corrupting the Cherubim out of spite. He needs brave adventurers to assist him in purifying as many Cherubim as possible and discouraging Venus' meddling.

To begin the quest, approach Cupid and say "hello". He is located in the gardens of Nujel'm which are behind the Palace and to the South.

This quest is repeatable every 7 hours. The rewards display can be found in the small building directly West of the healer in Yew.

For more details, please visit the wiki page: http://uoex.net/wiki/Cupid_Quest

This quest will run until March 3rd.

Updates for 2018:
- Updated hues for a number of the rewards

Please note that I am quite ill IRL and I won't be able to monitor this quest much. If there are issues with mobs not respawning or etc then another staff member will be able to handle those pages, but things that would specifically need my attention may not be able to be answered until I'm able to check in again. Thankfully there's been no changes to this quest from last year and it was running like a dream at that time, so I don't anticipate any significant issues.

Go forth and enjoy, my shardlings!
andl2ea
Journeyman Scribe

Re: Cupid Quest 2018

Post by andl2ea »

Feel better soon Nyx!
Your friendly ginger aka Devlynn/Bloomingdales
Golden Temptress
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Golden Temptress »

Just tried the quest and as usual enjoyed it very much :) Hope you get better soon and thankyou for putting this quest up for us :D
Waylander
Novice Scribe

Post by Waylander »

feel better +Nyx! :)
Sularis
Novice Scribe

Post by Sularis »

Thanks +N, get well soon:)
I don't know what I'm doing, but I know how to do it
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

Thanks for opening the quest, hope you feel better soon!
In game name: Abarai
Shindaril
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Shindaril »

Fun, fun, fun!

I do have a question, though. While it's clearly noted that:
Note: You cannot enter cupid's area, or any of the other quest areas, with pets.
and the mechanics enforcing this do indeed block you even while riding an ethereal mount, it's possible to mount an ethereal mount while past the barrier. I'd wish to get a clarification to if the use of the said mounts is allowed inside the pet blocked areas?

Thank you for opening this quest +Nyx and get well soon!
Iago Venport
Elder Scribe

Post by Iago Venport »

Hey all, just a heads up...much like the halloween bosses you will get credit for the kill if you all gang up on the cherrubs...makes that part go super quick. If you ever see me running around feel free to join in and stab them a bunch.

-Iago
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

Thanks for the heads up. I can kill them this year but that will make it go faster. Does that work for the Acolytes too?
erised_faylen
Master Scribe

Post by erised_faylen »

[Glyph] wrote:Thanks for the heads up. I can kill them this year but that will make it go faster. Does that work for the Acolytes too?
the Acolytes since you need to actually loot an item you cannot team up on. Either way, it seems to go pretty quickly as long as the area isn't overly crowded since they spawn quickly :) great quest, thanks +Nyx and hope you feel better soon
Iago Venport
Elder Scribe

Post by Iago Venport »

[Glyph] wrote:Thanks for the heads up. I can kill them this year but that will make it go faster. Does that work for the Acolytes too?
you can gang up but there's only 1 essence as loot so...uhm...cage match battle royale for it? :D

-Iago
Agony
Legendary Scribe

Post by Agony »

Hope you feel better soon +NYX
...Dimiir Borgu
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

Iago Venport wrote:you can gang up but there's only 1 essence as loot so...uhm...cage match battle royale for it? -Iago
Yep, That was a great big DUH! from me. I realized that when I just did the quest and remembered the essence was needed. :mrgreen:
andy barrington
Apprentice Scribe

Post by andy barrington »

i can run this quest this year and it is a good one thank you for all your time spent providing it for us. i pray that you get well soon.
Starfire
Novice Scribe

Post by Starfire »

Thank You for the Quest. Get Well Soon my prayers are with you