Winter Event 2017

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
bigd1979
Novice Scribe

Re: Winter Event 2017

Post by bigd1979 »

Alamiester wrote:Iago Venport wrote:
Alamiester wrote:
i dunno if i can manage the whole save christmas book. them angels kick my butt. if they are ballys i think theyve been juicing, lol. i can get by just fighting the angel alone but pile all them other monsters on top and its too much. especially so since the healing is limited. i guess i will just try to get some cool deco. still pretty fun for the parts i can do.

If you're using Blazin' healer and have the insta-heal dex set the delay to 20 and you'll be ok on healing.
In regards to the Angels...yeah I just run past them until I get to a clump I can handle. The bosses themselves were pretty easy comparatively. hope that helps.

-Iago
Hi, i am using the healer built into uosteam. Does anyone know what I would set the bandage action delay to. Mine is showing set at 2500 ms
Nikki
Novice Scribe

Post by Nikki »

Are the puppets able to be used as samples like the Dr. Who ones? Asking for a friend...
Iago Venport
Elder Scribe

Post by Iago Venport »

Nikki, Nyx literally just confirmed to me that yes you can use the puppets as samples...unfortunately you can't use the santa suit *goes and sobs in the corner*
Pek
Elder Scribe

Post by Pek »

This is my first year doing Christmas Quests and just completed the Save Christmas Quest. I'm not overpowered (3 relayers and some GoC) and one thing that helped me was using Discord and Provocation on the Fallen angels and Frost Daemons. A Demon Slayer flute of renewal worked really well against those two mobs.

I was able to provoke two, discord a third and whirlwind them all down with the other mobs surrounding me. Died a few times when I wasn't watching my health or got too ambitious, but give Discord and Prov a go if you have them at 120.

Happy hunting.
Ecthelion - Drizzt - Gandalf Greyhame
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

I paged about a bugged Grinch instance two days ago and havnt gotten a reply yet but quest closes in 5 hours. if quest closes before I get a do over on Grinch am I sol till next year or will I be able to get it completed after? not an imaginary bug btw Grinch and max were not in the instance and I waited over 30 minutes for them to spawn.
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

I had the same issue with Oogie Boogie before the holidays and it took almost 10 days to get another Marshmallow to spawn him. You might want to email +C directly to see if you can get the marmalade again. Good Luck. And I found I could discord max after his hp got low enough but forgot to try on the Grinch. Overall not too tough of a fight but Grinchy poo will drop colossal blows on you pretty frequently so I recommend a yumi.
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

yeah I know pages can take time im just in a panic because quest is scheduled to close in 5 hours. thanks for tips on the fight.
pjanijjurk
Apprentice Scribe

Post by pjanijjurk »

i think this delivery quest by the entrance is made espetially so ppl can do the grinch quest becouse of the temporary cloak u get almost anyone can do the quest .. well weapon with high life leech also .. and curse weapon spell ...
Fudge
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

The event is now closed. See you next year .. well, same year, just much much later :)
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)