The Haunted Halls 2017

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Nyx
Administrator

The Haunted Halls 2017

Post by +Nyx »

Ready to Trick or Treat and hunt ghosts and ghouls and Grims, shardlings?
The Halloween dungeon is once again open for adventure!

For information about this quest, please read the wiki: Halloween Quests

2017 changes:
  • Totem requirements updated
  • Added T-shirt side quest
  • Added Haunted Halls Raffle (see below)
  • Added vendor stone & quest currency
  • Added Headhunter's Kits. These kits allow you to use player's heads to craft a head on a spike deco item. There is a new resource needed for these, the Headhunter's Spike, which are dropped rarely from the Hollow Rider, and every time by the Headless Horsemen.
  • Added timed teleporters around all of the quest NPCs. If you remain standing near them for longer than 2 minutes you will be moved away. This prevents anyone from blocking visibility to the NPCs.
Haunted Halls
  • The dungeon now has a third level, accessed via the previous-dead-end stairwell at the northwest corner of level 1. This level has 2 res stations and a safe AFK room.
  • Trash mobs from levels 1 and 2 have been equalized over all 3 levels. The overall number of mobs spawning in the dungeon is the same, but they are now spread across 3 levels. This is intended to help keep folks more spread out in the dungeon and help eliminate issues with spawn sharing, luring, etc.
  • The soul eater mini-boss is now located on level 3 of the dungeon.
  • Dungeon stealables will actually need to be stolen. The minimum to attempt to steal is 110. If you fail an attempt, you will have a 30 second stealing cooldown.
  • Stealables have a slower respawn rate.
  • Stealables now move every 2-6 hours.
  • Stealables also now have a year tag.
  • You must now be on one of the quests in order to enter the dungeon.
  • Quest delay is now 7 hours (from 8 )
  • All mini bosses have had their respawn timers reduced by 50%.
  • All bonus gold has been removed from mini bosses as well as the quest book turn-ins
  • All teleporters across the dungeon have brief delays to prevent tele-hopping to avoid dying.
  • Quest books now decay in 2 days
  • Costume moved to vendor stone
  • Rewards completely overhauled
    New Rewards:
    - Shadow fire pit (2 versions)
    - Blood drip wall deco
    - Flame of Samhain
    - Life-sized trees
    - Gory bathtub
    - Flame altar
    - Raven on gravestone
    - Globe display of planet M6-117
Trick or Treat
  • You no longer need to drop/bank your extra masks before attempting to trick or treat with an NPC. So long as you have one equipped, the NPC will acknowledge you.
  • Quest delay is now 7 hours (from 10)
  • This quest is now randomized and has 10 possible NPCs
  • Added additional trick possibilities to all NPCs
  • Tricks updated for better functionality. If you are hued/polymorphed/etc, it will automatically be removed after a few minutes.
  • Trick or Treat NPCs have a shorter cooldown period between attempts
  • Costume moved to vendor stone
  • Rewards completely overhauled
    New rewards:
    - All new candies
    - Barghest plush
    - Trick or treat masks (permanent)
    - Ghostly portraits
    - Bloatflies
    - Corpse addon
    - Gleaming altar
    - Dimensional window
    - Enormous vat of candy
Raffle Information
In an effort to cut down on the most common rewards, which quickly become seen as "useless" and "undesirable" rewards to receive, I have eliminated several of those very common rewards and in their place have added tickets to this new seasonal raffle.
  • This raffle will run for the month of October each year the Halloween event is open.
  • The reward is entirely unique to the raffle and will remain unique to the raffle for at least 1 year. Note however that if the reward is very popular it may be used again for next year's Halloween raffle. If it is unpopular it may be moved to another system or event after next Halloween.
  • You can obtain tickets from completing the quests, or purchase them from the vendor stone.
  • You must visit the raffle stone and use your tickets to enter the raffle. They function as currency for the raffle stone, so if you do not visit the stone and "purchase" entries, you will not be entered at all.
  • All versions of the tickets are account bound and cannot be traded with other players.

NOTE: Please do not send pages for quest issues unless you have already reviewed the wiki and forum post in depth and are sure you have experienced a bug. Do not reply to this forum thread with quest issues or suggestions - send a page.

This quest will run until November 1st.

Enjoy, dears!
Sugar
Novice Scribe

Re: The Haunted Halls 2017

Post by Sugar »

*****To participate in these quests, go to Mistas and run South until you see the small tent camp.
NOTE: You MUST be patched up to the most recent patch in order to participate!*****
Last edited by Sugar on Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baxster
Adept Scribe

Post by Baxster »

:woot: Great rewards this year. Thanks for the quest!

Thanks already to the people sharing their mini-boss kills. If anyone sees me at a mini-boss, you don't even have to ask, feel free to join to get credit :)
Achaus
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Achaus »

It felt like chaos the first time I stepped into the dungeon, but once i got my bearing, I enjoyed it.

Love the fact that all who attack and kill mini boss get quest filled. Less drama around kill stealing.

Brava +Nyx
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Updates today:
- Fixed an issue with the headless horsemen not always dropping the spikes. I completely rewrote these spawners from scratch and tested them at length and all seems to be good now.
- Fixed a couple of rewards that weren't being given properly
- Trick or Treat NPCs in non-recallable locations will no longer use any of the teleporting tricks, but instead have a different trick specific to those NPCs.
- Trick or Treat quest now rewards raffle tickets in tandem with the candy deco rewards only. This means any time you receive a candy deco item as a reward you'll also get a raffle ticket, but you won't receive a raffle ticket by itself.
- Added 2 new wearable candy items to Trick or Treat.
- Haunted Halls quest now rewards raffle tickets in tandem with vine deco.
- Trick polymorph duration changed to 3 minutes (from 5. Apparently many of you think 5 minutes is an hour :lol: )
- Investigated report that the trick hue clears your uni-dyed skin color after it fades, but doesn't seem to happen. Remember that vampiric embrace makes your skin look white, that isn't the quest.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Updated:
- Various minor fixes
- Rebalanced the chances of successfully trick or treating on all related NPCs. Some NPCs still have a slightly higher chance of giving a trick rather than a treat, but it should be much smoother now.

Reminder: don't leave your excess trick or treat masks on the ground. When you are finished with the quest, if you have extras, you can trash them in any trash barrel. If you are littering excessively with the masks you may lose quest privileges.
Miranda Ventrata
Elder Scribe

Post by Miranda Ventrata »

The masks are blessed. So what I do is this, while doing book one of HH, i collect and stack all the masks neatly in a pile in my Blessed Bag. When done HH book 1, i go trick or treating. I leave the excess masks in blessed bag and they will decay on thier own time. Out of main pack, so out of sight, out of mind. No littering needed, and dont have to walk ALL the way over to a trash can, as they can be really far from where you banksit!
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Updated:
- Few fixes to the regions (some things were unintentionally allowed in some areas but not others.)
- Fixes to Ebony Widow who hasn't been spawning or animating correctly.
Arthur Eld
Passer by

Post by Arthur Eld »

Why would you put a mob spawner in the rez room? Seriously? I lost like 100k in insurance. I wont be doing the Haunted Halls again. So mad. :evil:
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Arthur Eld wrote:Why would you put a mob spawner in the rez room? Seriously? I lost like 100k in insurance. I wont be doing the Haunted Halls again. So mad. :evil:
There aren't any res rooms, there are only res stations which have mobs that spawn nearby. This quest is difficult, which is clearly stated on the wiki page. If you don't enjoy it, then don't run it, no big deal.
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

I like the event a lot...its fun. Wish the Grinders couldn't insta death you (sometimes i get teleported and walk away fine sometimes I Die instantly, once I got teleported to instadeath and wasn't even in the room) I've died more in that room than I have in the last 6 months maybe I justs haven't figured out how to play that room. Fav all-around event though good job.
Iago Venport
Elder Scribe

Post by Iago Venport »

Nick wrote:I like the event a lot...its fun. Wish the Grinders couldn't insta death you (sometimes i get teleported and walk away fine sometimes I Die instantly, once I got teleported to instadeath and wasn't even in the room) I've died more in that room than I have in the last 6 months maybe I justs haven't figured out how to play that room. Fav all-around event though good job.
it's not you...those grinders are jerks :D best advice is do not move around when in the room and stick close to the door and let lady grim come to you. we now have a drinking game where every time you kill grim and then die in the grinders on the way out, you have to take a shot :lool:
Kagan
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Kagan »

it's not you...those grinders are jerks :D best advice is do not move around when in the room and stick close to the door and let lady grim come to you. we now have a drinking game where every time you kill grim and then die in the grinders on the way out, you have to take a shot :lool:[/quote]

If I played that way I would be a raging alcholic in about 2 weeks of Halloween quests... :woot:
Iago Venport
Elder Scribe

Post by Iago Venport »

just an FYI the raffle tickets WILL decay...been hoarding them and came to find out they went poof.
I figured they'd stick around until quests end...so be warned turn em in immediately. =(

-Iago
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

You should be turning them in as you get them in the first place, but they aren't intended to decay until the quest closes. There was an issue this morning which has since been fixed. You should have sent a page instead, so that we could assist.