Fall Harvest Quest 2017

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Nyx
Administrator

Re: Fall Harvest Quest 2017

Post by +Nyx »

No it isn't
Sethra Lavode
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Sethra Lavode »

First off I would like to say that the rewards are simply amazing!! The revamping has worked great for me. Today I had my fastest run thus far: around 20 mins! I do not use any type of scripts to help. The spawn rate on everything is wonderful, I have only ran into one, tiny glitch (and it did not hinder my play at all)....so all in all, just fantastic! The Scorched Scare Crows scare the Bahoozits outta me every time I accidentally bump into one by a tree that I did not see!! Better than coffee! :lool:
Thanks to all the +'s for their work on it and special thanks to +N - I know most of these (all...?) are her 'babies'. :nod:

:dance
Starfish & coffee, maple syrup & jam. Butterscotch clouds & a tangerine, side order of ham.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Glad you've been enjoying it, this year did seem to boost overall participation in this quest so I'm happy.

Yep, all the seasonal quests are my babies. +C and +A have helped, of course, with scripting some of the cool rewards like the crows on a fence and the leaf piles etc. Their coding skills make the really neat rewards possible so much appreciation to them for not strangling me every time I come up with a new idea :lol: :)
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

I am now eagerly awaiting the "Bahoozits" reward for 5 runs of the next quest. :lool:
Iago Venport
Elder Scribe

Post by Iago Venport »

+Nyx, when you say it ends Oct 1, is that 12:01am Oct 1...or 12:59pm Oct 1? :)
Some of us may be 2 runs short of the totem if it's first thing lol.

-Iago
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

It means "sometime on the 1st when Nyx has time to come and close the quest"

I never announce or promise a specific time, because I can never be sure of my schedule until it's time.
Iago Venport
Elder Scribe

Post by Iago Venport »

thanks for the quick replay +Nyx...guess i'll be setting alarms every 6 hours :D
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

+Nyx wrote:It means "sometime on the 1st when Nyx has time to come and close the quest"

I never announce or promise a specific time, because I can never be sure of my schedule until it's time.
The record is +R closing one off a week after the finish date because +Nyx was to sick to do it herself.
Character name: Ebony
Telchar
Passer by

Post by Telchar »

Thank you +nyx and staff for a very fun quest. I have to say I really love the rewards for this quest. 87 runs completed and some good times. I would like to suggest one thing if I may. The stones lowest purchase item for the leaves was 20. I saw a lot of small amounts of leaves left on the ground at the end. There could be two things to make it where people felt they did not waste their leaves. first some smaller costing items, but these could become items that people did not care too much for. I like the idea of a raffle item introduced in the Halloween quest and this could be a second option. People could buy raffle tickets with their leaves for a special reward that is quest themed.

Again I have loved this quest and even if nothing is changed I will be looking forward to it again next year. You all have done a most excellent job with it, I feel I am sounding to much like Bill and Ted there lol. Cheers to you all on a job well done!!!!
eirenna416
Apprentice Scribe

Post by eirenna416 »

This is one of my favorite quests, and last year it was the first one I ever did and the first totem I ever earned. This year I was excited about the trees. With a decay date of Oct 10 I thought I still had time to try and hit 80 leaves. Imagine my dismay when I went yesterday and not only was the quest shut down but the reward stone was inaccessible. Now I have 72 useless leaves with more than a week of life left in them. I haz no new trees. I haz a sad. :(
Silent
Legendary Scribe

Post by Silent »

I thought the reward room would still be available after the event since the leaves have a timer set to 10 October, we cannot exchange them anymore? or is there another entrance to exchange them ?
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

The leaves decay after the end of the quest to account for any quest extensions that may happen. Back during the spring quest when we had the big server revert, I extended it (which was unexpected when I had opened the quest). It was then a pain to go and change the currency. There had been quite a bit of worry and panic that the currency would then decay before the quest ended, due to the extension, which took some time to addresss. During doctor who the slight extension was more of a last minute decision and lasted longer than the currency, so there were some issues there. I figured having the date shown on the currency would soothe any worries when there is an extension but apparently it wasn't a helpful change. I've since made it so all quest currency will decay a fair while after the quest is scheduled to close, so if an extension is made, there won't be any juggling needed to extend the currency as well.

The vendor stones have always become inaccessible when the quest closes. The quest close date is always posted in the forum thread, and any extensions are posted in the thread as well. The wiki page for seasonal quests as well as for the individual seasonal explains how the currency dates work. But, since this has apparently confused a number of people, I won't include the expiration date on the currencies anymore. It isn't included on the Halloween currency, and I'll be removing it from the other seasonals as they open. Please always read the forum post and wiki for important info like this, or send me a page if you have additional questions.
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

Edit - I didn't see +Nyx reply, mine is unnecessary.
In game name: Abarai
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

The same note is on the fall quest wiki under the vendor stone section, and on the wiki page for all seasonals (accessible via the wiki home page, and at: http://uoex.net/wiki/Seasonal_Quests)
Silent
Legendary Scribe

Post by Silent »

I am sorry for the misunderstanding +N, it is true that the date on the leaves had me confused and I did not read the vendor part until now, next time I will be more aware.

Thank you for the explanation, I guess I will buy my tree next time :P
Lurking the forums since dec 2012