Fall Harvest Quest 2017

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Nyx
Administrator

Re: Fall Harvest Quest 2017

Post by +Nyx »

This is a good example of one of those times when I try to make things easier for folks but it ends up making it harder :lol:
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

Silent wrote:I am sorry for the misunderstanding +N, it is true that the date on the leaves had me confused and I did not read the vendor part until now, next time I will be more aware.

Thank you for the explanation, I guess I will buy my tree next time :P
I honestly read the dates as +Nyx giving people a couple of days to spend their leaves/whatever after the quest actually closed.

Oh well.
Character name: Ebony
tanandhot
Passer by

Post by tanandhot »

The only issue i have was that I thought I had until the 10th of October to redeem my leaves . But now i have 70 leaves that are not worth anything I will keep a better eye on the forums i def miss understood

enjoyed the quest
Telchar
Passer by

Post by Telchar »

I was just curious if it would be possible to shift the reward stone outside the door until the end of the 10th. I am not sure how the stone works or if it is attached to the event and only way would be to staart the quest back up :(. It seems such a shame to see a great event end with some people not being able to get the spoils for their work on the event. I got lucky myself that I noticed the chat yesterday of the event ending and the stone not being able to be used after the end or I am sure I would have been in the same situation. Again much thanks for a wonderful time.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

While I understand how some of you feel, the quest was open for a month and the pertinent information is always posted. Leaving the stone out for extra time means extra time and work for me managing a quest that is closed. That takes away from my time (and creative energy/interest) working on the next quest, and I don't intend to do that. Folks have plenty of time to prepare for the close of the quest, and plenty of opportunity to read and find out what they need to know about it.

If something is important to you as a player, you should make sure you're reading the provided documentation so you understand fully how that thing works. This is already an important aspect of completing seasonal quests and other content on the game, but it will become exponentially more important in Elysium and Touria. You won't be able to manage things there if you aren't reading all the information provided, so this should be standard practice for anyone approaching staff-made content. When a quest/event closes, it closes. This has always been the case, and I've no plan to run the quests elsewise.

tl;dr version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkU23m6yX04
:)