Tailoring machines - Testing

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Arden
Elder Scribe

Tailoring machines - Testing

Post by +Arden »

Looking for a few active people to test out the new Tailoring machines for producing, bolts of cloth and spools of thread, also a new hireable "pet" system. If you would like to participate please leave your ingame name in this thread.
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Re: Tailoring machines - Testing

Post by Annachie »

Always game.

Ebony.
Character name: Ebony
Baxster
Adept Scribe

Post by Baxster »

I'd like to help.

Baxster
Kitana
Expert Scribe

Post by Kitana »

I'd like to help!
-Kitana Jess
Kara
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Kara »

Will materials be provided? ::curious::
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

Count me in.
Tufi
Master Scribe

Post by Tufi »

If we cannot have wheels to craft with I do not see tailoring machines as maintaining a UO environment.
Kara
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Kara »

f
Tufi wrote:If we cannot have wheels to craft with I do not see tailoring machines as maintaining a UO environment.
It's a freeshard. The "environment" is what +Coli wants.
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

id like to test both or either
Tufi
Master Scribe

Post by Tufi »

It's an Ultima Online free shard. That's the point/ There are lot of games out there and players come here to play what they know as UO. custom stuff can be great but what would a Renaissance fair be with laptops on the bar and jousting with rifles?
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

I believe they call that Post Modern Steampunk. :dance
Either way, anything that makes the tedious stuff easier( meaning less clicks or time standing around waiting for macros to finish) is ok in my book. I also dont see too many people complaining about the modern appliances that are available in the deco room. Enjoy the game and if ya dont like something then find a way to do it that you enjoy.
GreenBar
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by GreenBar »

Kara wrote:f
Tufi wrote:If we cannot have wheels to craft with I do not see tailoring machines as maintaining a UO environment.
It's a freeshard. The "environment" is what +Coli wants.
You raise a good point Tufi. I always found the spinning of the wheels soothing. Used to use 6 of them in rotation and the brief pause before the macro spun the wheel again was hypnotic as it jumped from wheel to wheel. To me it's part of the nostalgia of the classic UO game. Take too much of the original UO look and feel away and many, including myself will move on. I'm among those that are here to relive and continue their classic UO game experiences.

Kara, you are correct, this is Colibri's computer we're all connecting to and playing on. But both sides have a choice; Either one becoming deaf to the other can lead to problems. Perhaps Colibri has listened and decided those enticed by an enhanced UO environment outweigh those who enjoy the classic game interface. I like to think he understands the trade offs and is setting up the UOEX shard for a second decade of player enjoyment.
Tufi
Master Scribe

Post by Tufi »

GreenBar, ABSOLUTELY GOT IT! Liked weaving too as it was a bit quicker after the spinning but still soothing in a meditative way. I loved UO and that's why I am here. I agree as in West Side Story "Somewhere".

In general I have found both +Colibri and +Arden very attentive to things I have said to them. I think some of the problem is they are swamped with this complicated new thing they are working on and though they have noted the little things, it will be awhile until they get some attention unless it fits in to what they are doing now.

I would hate to leave, but our home is being renovated and the results will be interesting. This also may have to do with the bottom line. As with anything else they will look to see what kind of players are donating the most which I am sure influences their decisions.
Miranda Ventrata
Elder Scribe

Post by Miranda Ventrata »

Merblata Ventanter is the name.
Telchar
Passer by

Post by Telchar »

Sounds like you have plenty of volunteers, but if you need another player to help hit me up

Telchar