Spectre Dungeon Revamp

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Spectre Dungeon Revamp

Post by +Requiem »

Hi Excelsorian's!

The Spectre Dungeon revamp is nearly complete. It is now open! Please keep in mind:

THIS IS NOT A NEWBIE DUNGEON

It is meant for more Mid-tier -> Veteran Players with a lot of good gear and many hit points.

I am currently allowing pets to be used, although that privilege may be revoked if I feel it makes things
too easy.

The basic gist of it is, you go in, kill the 6 minibosses, then dump their keys into the collector. This spawns the boss mob.
Kill her (SHE'S HARD), and get some recipes never-before-seen in game. You may have seen the items before, but you have never been able to craft them! They are an uncommon-rare drop.

I figure the gold should be a decent reward for the time spent.

If there are any bugs/etc please submit a help request promptly, so that things can get fixed. I hope you all enjoy!

**************************UPDATES 7/21/2017********************************************

1) increased spawn of minor trash mobs
2) increased gold drops on minibosses
3) Increased drops on Spectre Queen
4) Increased chance of getting recipe scroll
5) Added walls/gates to prevent people from dragging monsters (going to update with teleporters for better aesthetics as time permits.
6) Increased gold drops on queen.

We were going to upgrade the chance to craft the items in the recipe scrolls, but realized with +Carpentry gear it wasn't needed.

More to come.
mattwaldram
Elder Scribe

Re: Spectre Dungeon Revamp

Post by mattwaldram »

Thanks, everyone involved, for putting this together. I like a collector/boss area, and it's nice to have something new. Just thought I'd note down how my first run-through went.

1) The whole process, from entering the dungeon to looting the Queen, took me about 1.5 hours. Worth noting that there was at least one other person in the dungeon that whole time - with periods where there were 2 others.

2) Collecting the items took probably 1hr 20 mins, and then it was about 10ish minutes to kill the queen.

3) I reckon I waited 30-40 minutes for the Master Fighter to get the last item. The others seemed to spawn faster than that, and I was able to get a couple of duplicate items during my run-through (the rogue and the necromancer were spawning pretty fast)

4) The sub-bosses (the Masters) take a bit of killing, but don't do much damage. So it's a patience game rather than a risk one, while collecting.

5) The Queen put up a decent fight. She hits with mortal strikes and, initially, they were doing between 100 and 140hp damage... and she would frequently hit me twice in quick succession. So, be prepared for a fair bit of dancing about while you wait to heal.

6) Once I had her down to about 1/3 health remaining, her damage went up significantly. Think the biggest single shot she landed on me was worth 278, and was a mortal strike.

7) Took about 10ish minutes to kill her, and I received.... 2.5k, and 5 ethereal powder :D

8 ) I made about 45k in loot.

9) So, I guess I'll have to keep trying for those recipe scrolls.

If I can offer some feedback:

1) I'd say the spawn rate for the Masters is slow, BUT, it is in keeping with other collector MOBs on the shard. Also, the fact that the Masters drop their item every time, makes it way, way less painful than, say, Bedlam (may I never have to collect another Jade Amulet for as long as I live). I've even waited an hour for some of the Trav keys in the past.

2) I do think the spawn rate could do with being faster for the novice/apprentice/expert spectres, just so that we have a little more to kill while we wait for the masters. It's not an issue as it is, but might just make the wait time a little more fun.

3) I really enjoyed the Queen fight. This time, I soloed her with no pets, and she forced me to do some strategic running around a few times while I recovered from a mortal. I could see her being good fun for a group of new/mid-level payers to tackle together.

4) Obviously I didn't get lucky with the loot, but for the possibility of rare recipe scrolls, I'm interested enough to repeat.

5) Could be some decent money for newer players who collect/sell the keys. Given that it took me 80 minutes to collect all the items, I would be very happy to pay someone to take that part of the process away. If I'm gold-farming, I can make between 500k-600k in an hour (again, if I get lucky with spawn/other players), so if someone was selling a full set for, say, 200k - I would pay that. Instead of spending 80 minutes collecting 6 items, I could do an hour's hunting and earn enough to buy the 6 items twice. Much better for me, and potential of decent gold for new/mid players.

I think it's a really good addition, and definitely one I'll re-visit to see what recipes are available. It's definitely going to help fill some time between Quest runs! Nice job, everyone :)
-- In-game: Oslington Weasel
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

I appreciate your input and feedback. I'll discuss a bit with the other staff, and update you of any changes.
TeslaElectra
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by TeslaElectra »

I don't really remember my first round going through as much so I decided for my second time in Spectre dungeon to write down everything from start to finish for a better opinion. There are currently 5 other players in here right now (Skahaem, Kitana Jess, DaRaginCajin, Ringthane and Zilrog Bamchaka - Skahaem left and Albini Steve came in.) I don't remember how many people were in the first time around but it was about the same if not more since it was at the time it opened. I didn't time it or check how much gold I got the first time either.

I'm starting at 9:30am.
First mini-boss killed at 9:35, got Chirets Poisoned Femur from the back right side of the dungeon.
Second mini-boss killed at 9:48, got Julius' Coin Pouch from the back left side of the dungeon.
Third mini-boss killed at 9:52, got Baelius' Wand from the left front side of the dungeon.
Fourth mini-boss killed at 10:08, got Tinmos Sceptor from the right front side of the dungeon.
Fifth mini-boss killed at 10:15, got Alameins Warhammer from the middle left side of the dungeon.
It's been exactly an hour now and I have made 22k.
Sixth mini-boss killed at 10:33, got Tyres sheild from the middle right side of the dungeon.
Ended with just over 25k of gold.

The spawn rate - I know everyone keeps complaining about this but I think it's very fair. I went in with around 5+ people both times and got all the items after just over an hour of time spent in there. The first time most people were running around frantically looking for the mini-bosses but I ended up hanging out in one room at a time and it really didn't take that long. It seems like a fair amount of time + some gold for a good fight against a tough boss and a chance at a new rare.

The items- I personally like that with Lady Mel or Paroxysmus, you can spend a fair amount of time in the dungeons to collect all the items to either use for yourself or even sell as a package on your vendor. I hope that it stays like that for this dungeon. Since the boss is so hard, if the items stay as they are, it can bring in those in between players as well who probably aren't strong enough to fight the boss but can take on the mini-bosses for fun. They can come in with pets (or alone), get a good amount of gold and sell the item packages to the older players who can fight the boss.

Loot - I see a lot of people complaining about this as well. I think that my second time around was faster than my first time so I could see a potential for more gold. Both times I looted all the corpses and claimed them. I was able to get 25k in an hour and 3 minutes. Unfortunately, I didn't see how much gold the boss dropped either time.

The boss - I wouldn't say I'm very well geared but I do have some strong pieces. Only 1 relayer. 220 dex. 324 hp. I brought in 4 imps that are not maxxed, all are only up at 825hp. I sent the imps in immediately and they did most of the damage but once she get's low on health, she hits really hard especially with the mortal strike. All 4 imps died before she did and I finished her off with a sliver of health left. It took 10 minutes to kill her. This time I got a recipe. :D

Overall, I really like this dungeon and I don't think I would change anything (except the changes you plan to make already with spawn rates later)!
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

I ran in to check this out again today. Each mini boss gives about 2500ish gold. I got 3 wands from the mage in about 10 to 15 minutes. I got one coin pouch from the rogue about 8 or so minutes after that. Then it took about 35 or so minutes to finally get the scepter from the paladin. I walked out with about 57k gold (started with 0) and 5 "keys". Not a complete set but not a bad start. There were several others in the dungeon and we all eventually ended up camping one room. The spawn rate for the lower tier mobs is ok. The mini bosses would most likely feel better if lots of people were not there and you could actively be working on something other than waiting. I watched Albini Steve kill the BOSS. Seemed to take some time and there were poor imp corpses all over the room. She seemed to move around fast. Not too bad on gold for the time but I can definitely do better in other places. I did run across several Paragons and even one mini boss paragon. Will there be any chance of Paragon chests from at least the mini boss? Overall very well done. Some input: What is the back story on the new rollout? Why are they in there and why do they hate us so much? *sniff*. This would add a bit of color to the story if you catch my meaning. Great Job and Thank You.
Octavius Thorn
Elder Scribe

Post by Octavius Thorn »

I'm really loving this revamp of the Spectre Dungeon it is great I think it is fine the way it is in general. I make more gold doing dreadhorn over Lady Mel doesn't mean I think either needs a tweak. Time wise it seems to be more along the lines of dreadhorn keys from start to finish if not faster as ive gone hours trying to get the eye. Players will stock pile keys and that is perfectly normal don't think they need any kind of decay just based on how long it takes to get them.

As a big fan of peerless style setups I'm loving this, would love to see some hard to get tailoring recipe wearables be added to the drops in my on going tailoring lobbying campaign :D
Albini Steve
Expert Scribe

Post by Albini Steve »

I agree with just about all that's been said, particularly within mattwaldan's first post - the only thing I might add from the bit of time I've been there is to possibly up the Queen's loot drop? A tmap, some of the travesty style crafting ingredients, deco pieces, anything? I understand and admire hard to find rare drops, but I opened her corpse and my first thought was 'wow. nada.' it was a little disappointing to leave with so little to remember the place by for the length of time I spent there. She is a very good fight though, I'll give her that...poor imps...
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

I updated main post with updates. Please check em out!
Kitana
Expert Scribe

Post by Kitana »

I like that you closed rooms off so no one can bring MOBS in... it was kinda getting annoying. But overall I love this dungeon! Good work!
Iago Venport
Elder Scribe

Post by Iago Venport »

does anyone know if you can share the mini bosses and still get the items, much like we do with the halloween dungeon?
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

I do miss the random spectre mobs in the middle. :)
Character name: Ebony
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

Iago, for now +R said that the mini bosses can be done in groups or with pets. That may change in the future. The final boss is a single player fight. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

I did say that, but I forgot for now, you can use bracelets of binding to fight the boss together.

Each mini-boss will only drop one key, even if you fight it as a group.
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

The queen will now despawn 1 hour after she is summoned.
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

Thank you for the revamp :) Can't wait to try it out when i'm back home!