Doctor Who Quest 2017

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Nyx
Administrator

Doctor Who Quest 2017

Post by +Nyx »

It's that time of year again, and the Doctor needs your help!

For those of you who haven't run this quest previously:
This is by far the most complex, dynamic, and difficult of the seasonal quests (excepting, perhaps, the harder winter event; but that's not quite the same sorta thing).

The various NPCs and mobs have been carefully designed, take a moment to check out their paperdolls where available. It would also behoove you to play with your sound on, particularly when you reach Book 4 and 5. Take your time with the various quest interactions - some are quite detailed and interesting, especially during Book 5.

For detailed information on this quest, please read the wiki:
http://uoex.net/wiki/Doctor_Who_Quest

Updates for 2017:
- The rewards have been overhauled, there are now 42 total quest rewards. Many have been removed, moved to lower tiers, modified, or replaced.
- 16 of the rewards are brand new this year.
- Added a side quest for 30 perfect runs (Cyberman T-shirt). For information about T-shirts, please see: http://uoex.net/wiki/Graphic_Shirts
- Added a side quest for 100 perfect runs (Time Vortex footprints & Robe-slot Scarf, samplable)
- Added quest currency (Psychic Money) and a vendor stone with various items to purchase
- Achievements added for killing 100 Daleks, 100 Cybermen. There will be an achievement for obtaining 1 perfect run, but it is not active at present. I will make an announcement when it is ready.

There haven't been any major changes to this quest since last year and our preliminary tests were good. If you find anything that is in contradiction to the wiki or the statements I've made above, please send me a page in game, explain the issue and tag any relevant items/mobs/locations.
Do not post in this thread for issues/questions.

To begin the quest, speak to River Song in Serpent's Hold. She's in the building to the far Northeast corner of town.

This quest will run until August 17th.

Enjoy, shardlings!

- +N
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Re: Doctor Who Quest 2017

Post by culichi »

whats a "behoove" ?
Maze Scarlethart
Master Scribe

Post by Maze Scarlethart »

culichi wrote:whats a "behoove" ?

Definition of behoove
behooved; behooving
transitive verb
: to be necessary, proper, or advantageous for it behooves us to go
intransitive verb
: to be necessary, fit, or proper

Perfect timing on the release of the Dr Who quest +Nyx, I'm wondering if you did that intentionally to line up with the release of the new Doctors identity... :wink:
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

whats a transitive?
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

good for this being open I like hearing my wife swear, and make compound swears
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

One little favor.

Book 2.

Can we remove/limit the angel that is directly behind the gate at the end? When it's laggy that one is damn near impossible to get past.
Character name: Ebony
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

Annachie wrote:One little favor.

Book 2.

Can we remove/limit the angel that is directly behind the gate at the end? When it's laggy that one is damn near impossible to get past.
best way past that one is to sneak up on the gate to double click it open then run through fast as you can but if you do trigger angel while trying to open gate its best to just step back and wait 30 seconds before trying again
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

culichi wrote:
Annachie wrote:One little favor.

Book 2.

best way past that one is to sneak up on the gate to double click it open then run through fast as you can but if you do trigger angel while trying to open gate its best to just step back and wait 30 seconds before trying again
Second time I got to this point there was a treeman on the other side. When he came after me he opened the gate :)
Character name: Ebony
mattwaldram
Elder Scribe

Post by mattwaldram »

Also, is it possible to limit the amount of times I get blinked? Just me. No one else. If you need to increase the number of times someone else gets blinked to compensate, I'm totally fine with that. Maybe go with, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, let's say Yoda.

Thanks in advance.
-- In-game: Oslington Weasel
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

[imghttps://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV ... tedIndex=0][/img]

This in response to the Weeping Angels. Oh Fart! :lool:
Golden Temptress
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Golden Temptress »

[quote="mattwaldram"]Also, is it possible to limit the amount of times I get blinked? Just me. No one else. If you need to increase the number of times someone else gets blinked to compensate, I'm totally fine with that. Maybe go with, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, let's say Yoda.

Thanks in advance.[/quote
This comment made me laugh :lool: I say plague this weasel here with even more weeping angels to silence his insolence until he learns his lesson :nod:
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

now wait a second.. how can I get blinked, i am likely wandering a forest somewhere getting lost
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

I would have guessed a swamp. So how do I post a pic in a reply? Didn't see the option earlier and had to post the link. Not nearly as funny. I have been able to post pics before. Not sure what I did wrong or differently this time.
mattwaldram
Elder Scribe

Post by mattwaldram »

Yoda wrote:now wait a second.. how can I get blinked, i am likely wandering a forest somewhere getting lost
Yoda: *Whistling* *Picks an apple* *Tosses apple in air* *Polishes apple on robe* What a lov--
YOU BLINKED *PING*
-- In-game: Oslington Weasel
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

yeah thats about the size of it.. forests have my complete attention atm