Hunger Games Event

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Nyx
Administrator

Hunger Games Event

Post by +Nyx »

There will be a Hunger Games event on Saturday the 8th at 7:00 p.m. eastern time, 23:00 shard time.

We are moving the location to a new island and may make a few small changes to the item placements and functionality, but otherwise the main details are the same as always:
+Veritas wrote:This one will be a free-for-all, so everyone for themselves. You cannot win as a group. However, you may group up during the game. I still hope to see less guild group/circle-of-friends collaboration and more lone wolf participation. If I see groups of people tolerating each other too much, I may pick on the group a bit =).

Players of any age are welcome to play. Equalizing clothing will be handed out for the games, which will make everyone participating have the same stats. This will be a PvP event. Players will be given clothing that will provide skill bonuses for key skills necessary to fight and craft during the game.

During this PvP event, all players will be able to use what they find. Players can also craft items with the raw materials they find. You will not have to mine ore, or chop wood, or skin leather. Most of the items you can find and work with will be found in buildings during this game. Buildings will contain crates, chests, and boxes you can open that contain various items, weapons, armor, and resources. Runic crafting tools will be included in these containers. These items will gradually respawn inside these containers.

Other items you can find are the Tribute Backpacks and the cornucopia weapons. Backpacks are on the ground immediately after you leave the starting area and gradually respawn within the same area. Items that are in the backpacks will also spawn inside buildings on the island. The cornucopia will have two bows and three swords that you can attempt to grab before other players. These weapons do not respawn during the match. There are no other items in the cornucopia.

Placing houses and boats is forbidden and if you figure out a way to do it, you will be punted from the game without a participation reward.

There will be no mounts for this event.

With the exception of the participation rewards, every item you receive during the course of this game will decay within a few hours. You will NOT get to keep any item you are given or obtain during this event.

Scavenger is not allowed during this event. I can tell when it is on, it is pretty obvious. Also, no other scripts that do exactly what scavenger does but you named something else. If you get caught and say, "I didn't have scavenger on, but I had my script named 'Super Pick-Up 9000'", it will hold zero weight with me. Any use of script or function of a third-party program that allows you to automatically pick up items from the ground around you will result in your forfeit of the game and your participation reward.

Be sure to pay attention to your surroundings. You will likely need to do some crafting to survive. This means you will be looking for forges and anvils at least...

When you die, you will be moved to another area where you will be given your participation reward. Do not leave the area before you get your reward. You should just walk up to an ankh and resurrect, then follow the sparkles to the reward NPC.

When the game gets to a point where there are only a few players left, then mobs will start spawning that will make survival a bit more challenging.
Additional notes:
As the masters of ceremonies for these games, we will often give small perks to an underdog player, or slightly thwart any overpowered / grouped players. That's part of the "lore" behind the theme of this event, and players should go in expecting a fun, but not necessarily peaceful experience. :)

See y'all on Saturday! :)

+N & +V
TeslaElectra
Grandmaster Scribe

Re: Hunger Games Event

Post by TeslaElectra »

Yesssssse, can't wait!
Blathzar
Elder Scribe

Post by Blathzar »

Well, y'all enjoy it. I'll be at a wedding. :)

Cheers !
AcidBern
Elder Scribe

Post by AcidBern »

HA.... I was just about to announce my Birthday Party Radio Show at exactly the same time =/

*EDITED*

Ok now its a combined Birthday Party Show and Hunger Games Event!! Woo Hoo. As Bilbo Baggins said "This will be a night to remember!"
Last edited by AcidBern on Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Acidbern will now be providing commentary via the uoex radio during the event :)
Kara
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Kara »

I've never been Reaped before so I had a few questions. I hope someone could indulge me?

1) Will the "equalization gear" (I'm assuming it's a cape) have LRC?

2) Is hiding enabled?

3) Will arrows/bolts be available or will they have to be crafted?

4) I know you said no Scavenger, but am I right in assuming chest/corpse looters will be allowed?

5) How about head hunting? For trophies?

I probably have a few thousand more I should ask but these seemed the most important. :mrgreen:
+Veritas
Administrator

Post by +Veritas »

Map of the battle field:
Hunger Games - Nujel'm.jpg
Hunger Games - Nujel'm.jpg (97.5 KiB) Viewed 5191 times
-{Excelsior Shard Administrator, and Death Event Extraordinaire}-

May the BODs be ever in your favor!
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

Kara wrote:I've never been Reaped before so I had a few questions. I hope someone could indulge me?

1) Will the "equalization gear" (I'm assuming it's a cape) have LRC?

2) Is hiding enabled?

3) Will arrows/bolts be available or will they have to be crafted?

4) I know you said no Scavenger, but am I right in assuming chest/corpse looters will be allowed?

5) How about head hunting? For trophies?

I probably have a few thousand more I should ask but these seemed the most important. :mrgreen:
1) we wont have spellbooks so no need for lrc
2) hiding and stealth disabled
3) you'll need to craft your own arrows
4) don't know if autoloot on corpses and containers is allowed
5) not sure if we can cut off heads but were never allowed to bring back items from the event areas anyways

may your odds be ever in my favor
Kara
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Kara »

Oh, thanks Culi! No hiding? Rats. I was totes gonna pull a Peeta. :lookingout: