Excelsior Hunting Event

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Nyx
Administrator

Excelsior Hunting Event

Post by +Nyx »

Greetings hunters! It is once again time to sharpen your arrows and re-wrap your bow grips for a hunting event!

For the next 4 weeks, participants will be hunting the Britannian Stag.

Killing these stags will frequently yield a trophy. They will vary depending on the stag's weight, the points on its rack, and the overall quality of the harvested trophy. These trophies are not permanent items, but are used to calculate your total score at the end of the quest. The score ranges are as follows:

Weight: 100-600 lbs (x 0.1) [Example: Weight of 217 = Score of 21.7]
Rack: 4-30 point [Score of 4-30]
Quality: Poor (5), Low (10), Fair (15), Average (20), Above Average (25), High (30), Superior (35), Peerless (40) [Score of 10-40]

Total Score = Weight Score + Rack Score + Quality Score

The minimum score for a participation reward is: 90.0

Participants are allowed to submit only one trophy during this event, so it is to the advantage of each player to only keep their highest valued trophy. All trophies are bound to their looter and cannot be traded or sold.

The last hunting day will be June 1st and will end at 8:00am shard time. After this time, there will be a 3-day period where players can submit their trophies. On June 4th at 8:00am shard time, submissions will no longer be accepted and the results will be calculated within 3 days. There will be multiple rewards for the highest scoring participants as well as a general reward for all qualifying participants. Please remember the dates and times of importance. If you are unable to log in during the 3-day period after hunting, then you will need to submit your best trophy prior to the deadline.

All trophies are submitted by dropping them into the chest inside the hunting cabin. You can access the cabin and the event area via the gate in Moonglow, located the west of the bank.

Please Note:
-One submission per account. Multiple submissions on one character or account will disqualify you from the event.
-When you submit your trophy, you are done with the quest. There are no redos or "I accidentally submitted the wrong trophy" excuses that will result with a resubmission.
- Any attempt to exploit this event, trade trophies or otherwise circumvent the mechanics/rules will result in disqualification for all involved.

The Behavior of the Britannian Stag:

The younger and adolescent stags of this species freely roam around the event area. However, the older and more dominant males tend to be more wary of humans and are more difficult to locate.

There are also 2 quests in the event area. You can run each quest only once during this hunting event, and you will be able to choose whether you wish to have an armor reward or gold. Visit the town to the North of the hunting lodge to check them out. In addition, if you're lucky enough to find a Treasure Troll, you can turn in a matching chest & key to Treasure Tom in town for a special reward.

The rewards will be posted on or before the week of June 1, including totem information.

Happy Hunting!

+N & +V
+Nyx
Administrator

Re: Excelsior Hunting Event

Post by +Nyx »

This event will also feature a Crummy Stag Head contest. Inspired by the player-run side event run during previous hunting events, this will be scored using the same scoring method as the main contest.

Players may submit their WORST stag head to the green chest outside of the hunting lodge for the chance to win a prize. The maximum allowed score to receive a prize in this contest is 90.

Be careful which stag heads you drop into each chest, you will NOT be allowed any do-overs if you accidentally drop your best trophy into the crummy contest bin, and vice versa.
Alex
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alex »

+Nyx wrote:Weight: 100-400 lbs (x 0.1) [Example: Weight of 217 = Score of 21.7]
Rack: 4-28 point [Score of 4-28]
Quality: Poor (5), Low (10), Fair (15), Average (20), Above Average (25), High (30), Superior (35), Peerless (40) [Score of 10-40]

Total Score = Weight Score + Rack Score + Quality Score

The minimum score for a participation reward is: 115.0
Am I missing something? looking at this the max score is 400lbs (40 points) + 28 points + Peerless (40 points) = 108 MAX points.
tank
Expert Scribe

Post by tank »

its 600 max weight
Alex
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alex »

Ok I see it was edited. Max weight now 600 lbs (vs the original 400), rack weight increased to a max of 30 (vs 28) and minimum necessary for participation reduced to 90 (from 115). Looks good now.
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

Sorry if I'm a little dense but is the area you find these stags only around Britain or are they shard wide? Tram or Fel or Both? Thanks

Never mind. The Wiki answered all my questions. Should have gone there to begin with.
Alibaster in game!!
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Forgot to mention in the original post, but all of the items in the treasure tom chests which previously were copies of Mistvale stealables have been updated to be entirely unique to this event. They are the same graphics, but now have special hues and names that are not found elsewhere.
Miranda Ventrata
Elder Scribe

Post by Miranda Ventrata »

Thank you, for all the hard work you put into this, always new things. So refreshing seeing new content at every turn on such an old game.
andy barrington
Apprentice Scribe

Post by andy barrington »

thank you for continuing to make this game fun. although the stags are hard to find, once i found their hiding spots i got 3 trophies within 20 minutes, well worth the hunt. ill keep going and see if i can get the winner. lol
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

I'm aware of an issue that is preventing people from submitting trophies. Something was recently changed with how account bound items are handled and apparently this also blocked dropping them into the contest chests. I've let +C know and I'll make a post here and announcement in-game when it's fixed.
TeslaElectra
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by TeslaElectra »

Hey Nyx. What are the odds of a rare being dropped in a Treasure Troll chest?
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

about 10%
TeslaElectra
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by TeslaElectra »

Oh, I got lucky! Thanks!
livinglord
Passer by

Post by livinglord »

Thanks for the great hunting event.
Is there a list of possible items from treasure chests?
Son of Odin
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Son of Odin »

Is there a "trick" to open the chests? I have a Substantial Chest and key, key does not seem to work.