Crops 2.0

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Arden
Elder Scribe

Crops 2.0

Post by +Arden »

Crops 2.0

We have upgraded the crop system to a more advanced version, which will allow us to make more "interesting" content in the future. :)

Things to look for:

- Crops now have a limited amount of resources they can produce in a lifetime.
- They have growth and production intervals.
- All crops have a maximum amount of items they can hold, if a crop is at capacity and tries to produce another resource that resource is lost and is counted towards the crops lifetime production
- All crops turn a profit if you are able to harvest all the resources
- Crop planting success is based on your lumberjacking
- Crops with a difficulty rating of medium or higher require water.
- Crops that require water will die if they do not have any left.
- Water is drained when a plant grows or produces resources.
- You can single click any crop and select info to learn more about that crop type (based on ItemID skill).
- You can also purchase gardening notes from your local gardener to learn more about crops.
- The horticulturists notebook can hold gardeners notes.
- Crops are considered yours for a duration of 2 days after that anyone can mess with them.
- Every 10 crops of the same type you plant increase planting duration by +1 second for that crop type.
- There is no limit to the amount of crops you can have.

All crops are still subject to re-balancing.

All crop related Q&A and bug reports should be posted in this thread or in game(bug reports).

Hope you enjoy the new content :)
Blathzar
Elder Scribe

Re: Crops 2.0

Post by Blathzar »

This is really interesting !

I am still wondering if this is for britain farm area and/or your own plantable soil ?

Thank you !
+Arden
Elder Scribe

Post by +Arden »

Each crop has its own preferences when it comes to tiles, but most of the current crops can be planted on farmland. The info panel on each crop can tell you where it can be planted. :)
nightwolf
Passer by

Post by nightwolf »

I cant find the answer to this question so: What skills do you need to harvest flax crops? Ive got 100 lj and 100 cooking and still i have no ide how to harvest them. (my next guess is item id so im raising that now :) )
Edit: 100 in item id now, and still a no go.
Edit 2: Tried to harvest it with my other char that have 100 in all crafting skills and then it worked. Guessing you need tailoring to harvest them?
+Arden
Elder Scribe

Post by +Arden »

That is correct. :)
Angel
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Angel »

Probably a dumb question. if a plant produces every 3 minutes and holds 8 resources max, oes that mean it has all 8 in 3 minutes, or will it take 24 minutes to reach it's max?
Kara
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Kara »

holding is different from the total produced.
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

It will take the 24 minutes plus the time for the plant to reach maturity. So it could take 26 to 30 minutes depending on the type of plant you grow. As for holding, flax will produce 12 or so resources iirc, but will only hold 8 so you have to babysit it so the additional resources are not lost (according to the initial post here by +A). I grow cotton which needs water to grow but can hold its total produced resources all at once.
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

Hey +A, does the two day binder only apply to open fields or does it apply to plantable soils as well? Also, can we get double resources for planting in Fel?
+Arden
Elder Scribe

Post by +Arden »

The two day bind is only for public areas, your plants should be safe as long as they are treated as inside your house, and no you dont get Fel x2 resource bonus, but you do gain more resources the with higher skill.
Valkaryie
Passer by

Post by Valkaryie »

Please add this to the wiki, it doesn't say anything about lumberjacking, only cooking... Thanks.
Silent
Legendary Scribe

Post by Silent »

Valkaryie wrote:Please add this to the wiki, it doesn't say anything about lumberjacking, only cooking... Thanks.
nightwolf wrote:I cant find the answer to this question so: What skills do you need to harvest flax crops? Ive got 100 lj and 100 cooking and still i have no ide how to harvest them. (my next guess is item id so im raising that now :) )
Edit: 100 in item id now, and still a no go.
Edit 2: Tried to harvest it with my other char that have 100 in all crafting skills and then it worked. Guessing you need tailoring to harvest them?
+Arden wrote:That is correct. :)
Valkaryie you need tailoring as far as I can understand from the conversation for harvest and lumberjacking for planting ... kinda confused too but it grows because I've tried xD
+Arden
Elder Scribe

Post by +Arden »

Will add the required skill to the ingame gump asap