Cupid Quest 2017

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
kivan78
Apprentice Scribe

Re: Cupid Quest 2017

Post by kivan78 »

Yoda wrote:Image

fun quests are fun, some people just like to argue and stuff..
I think your parameters for the word "fun" are bit off mate...
(But you made a good impression on the admin ;) )
Maze Scarlethart
Master Scribe

Post by Maze Scarlethart »

This is one of my favorite holiday quests! Here's why, for those complaining about work and such, its super easy and takes a total of 15 mins to do. I work 12-13 hours a day so I dont have a boatload of time to do seasonal quests (Halloween and Christmas are the worst! I wanted to run them so much but they take 1 or 2 hours to do) so anyhow I can run the V-day quest once when I wake up, once when I get home and loads of times when I am off work and not feel like it is taking up all of my time. Its perfect the way it is please stop attacking +N over stupid crap, she puts so much time and effort into these events.

The Christmas quest is a million times harder to get the totem and I managed to get it even working 12 hours a day. Actually having to put effort into something makes it feel nicer when you finally get it, it took me 2 years to get the Christmas totem and man was I over the moon to equip that thing this year. If everything was just handed to you with little to no effort you would get bored so fast, there would be nothing to look forward to so what would be the point in playing?

Off topic... +Nyx I LOVE the new rewards for this quest, you really knocked it out of the park this year. I'm very excited to see what rewards I get this year. And I adore the conversation hearts even though it kills a running joke Miranda and I have about those..... last year when we would ask each other what we got it would always be a "conversation circle" lol. Now they look like hearts and I love them. :)
AKAWilbur
Passer by

Post by AKAWilbur »

Just to add my piece, I work a full time+ job(Chef, averaging over 100 hours a week), as well as running my own business(DJ/Karaoke company with 7 active employees), taking care of the house(I live by myself) & help out my Ex and her 2 children that live 2 hours away... Yet I still find the time for the quests when they are available(except the Christmas quest, never can find the time during the holiday season :scared: ). These quests are an awesome part of the charm this shard has, as well as showing the dedication of the staff to design and implement all of this for us. If there is a quest or event that I cannot do because of MY schedule, that's My fault, not the staff's...

Sorry to carry on & "rant at the ranters" as it were, I've never been one of the more vociferous people here, but just had to put my 2 cents in...

...now back to your regularly scheduled program, already in progress. :woot:
Absynthe Silvis
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

well put wilbur, and yeah... +1 and a triple word score on "vociferous"
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
Octavius Thorn
Elder Scribe

Post by Octavius Thorn »

I think the Quests are just fine as well. I work full time and have a volunteer work that I am apart of that takes and extra 70 hrs a month and I still was able to do the Fall Quest easy and that one was MUCH harder then this one by far. Like many I think the Quests on this shard are a favorite and are extremely well done. You can fit 2 15 minute quests in a day if you really want to :)
apocalypse
Elder Scribe

Post by apocalypse »

Just wondering if the cupid costume pieces can be used as sample for relayering or appearance changing a piece of clothing?
Jean Luc Picard in game
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

No, none of the seasonal quest costumes can be sampled.
Leng7881
Passer by

Post by Leng7881 »

What is the totem?
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

You can find information about the seasonal totems on the wiki