Winter Event 2016

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Nyx
Administrator

Winter Event 2016

Post by +Nyx »

It's that time of year again!

The Grinch has teamed up with Jack Frost, Oogie Boogie, and a den of thieves to wreak havoc upon Excelsior! They have created an army of evil minions to protect them in their lair and do their evil bidding. They have stolen all of Santa's gifts, destroyed his magic suit, and are endangering the reindeer population. Without these, there can be no Christmas!

There are 5 quest lines varying in difficulty from relatively easy to rather hard.

These quests will be available until January 4th

For full quest information, event rules, and troubleshooting help please see the wiki page:

http://www.uoex.net/wiki/Winter_Events

This wiki is locked for editing except by administrators, so you may trust that the information on it comes directly from the staff.

Please be aware that by participating in any of the Winter Event quests/areas, you are held to the event rules & restrictions outlined on the wiki page.

Do yourself a favor, take ten minutes and read them.

2016 updates:

Miscellaneous Updates:
- Various updates for efficiency
- Puppets added as an off-shoot of the Defender of Christmas quest

Artist Elf Quest
- Rewards updated to reflect the current year
- +Nyx's sweater updated for this year
- New reward: Santa's Spare Hat

Save Christmas Quest
- Added extra info gumps

Reindeer Quest
- Re-wrote the code for the reward randomization. There is still a higher chance of receiving older/less desirable rewards, with the newest/most desirable being the hardest to get. However, this year you should notice a better rate of receiving the higher-end rewards than last year.
- Rewards updated to reflect current year
- New rewards:
  • Miniature Snowy Tree
  • 12 miniature trees in holiday colors
  • +Arden snowman
Defender of Christmas Quest
- This quest now functions as the quest for both the totem and the new puppets.
- Updated wiki with additional information
- Updated NPC with extra information on gumps

The Gift Shop
- Significantly increased the number of Vials of Christmas Spirit received for each quest, in most cases it's doubled over last year.
- Updated wiki with additional information about the gift shop.
- New Gift Shop items for sale:
  • 5-piece Santa Costume (including beard)
  • 5-piece Santa's Elf Costume
  • 5 new snow globes of exotic shard locations, utilizing a new graphic
---------

Happy Questing!
<3
+Nyx
Administrator

Re: Winter Event 2016

Post by +Nyx »

Please note that if you have trouble with any aspect of the winter event, read the wiki and attempt to resolve the issue yourself before paging. I am not going to be around the shard much this month and I won't have time to answer you promptly. Everything has been tested, so most issues are likely going to be a matter of misinformation or misunderstanding which can be corrected by carefully reviewing the quest books, gumps, and wiki.
Alex
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alex »

Just completed the artistic elf and reindeer quest.

No comments on the artistic elf quest. Looks fine and working properly.

Regarding reindeer, the brutes changed for me midway from some massive dragon turtle looking thing to some "smaller" form (which i liked since they didnt take up so much screen and i could see the cute little yetis). I think everything is well balanced (i died once with 700hp+) and working properly for me. the amount to steal and the number of items to collect is good. similar to the halloween dungeon i would like to have the books for mobs combined but have no problem them being separate. everything looks good to me.

Just a side note for all: unlike the lichen and mushrooms, most of the plant matter does not appear when you ctrl+shift and must direct target them but there is plenty around.

thanks!
apocalypse
Elder Scribe

Post by apocalypse »

The santa's lucky hat award comes out as white, and cannot be dyed with a uni tub.
Is that on purpose or a glitch?
Jean Luc Picard in game
heyyo
Legendary Scribe

Post by heyyo »

Any chance for a gold reward option for the Save Christmas and Santa's Magic Suit quests?
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

apocalypse wrote:The santa's lucky hat award comes out as white, and cannot be dyed with a uni tub.
Is that on purpose or a glitch?
Fixed on the NPC, and fixed yours retroactively :)
heyyo wrote:Any chance for a gold reward option for the Save Christmas and Santa's Magic Suit quests?
No.
apocalypse
Elder Scribe

Post by apocalypse »

Thank you :)
Jean Luc Picard in game
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Everyone should be aware that if they fail to obtain the pest removal quest book before finishing the non-repeatable quests, we will not update their pest removal book. Someone has already paged and lied claiming that the book failed to update when they completed the quest but actually they hadn't even gotten the pest removal book yet. If more people try this, they will be jailed.