Excelsior Hunting Event

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Nyx
Administrator

Excelsior Hunting Event

Post by +Nyx »

Greetings hunters! It is time yet again to sharpen your arrows and re-wrap your bow grips for another hunting event!

For the next month, participants will be hunting the Britannian Turkey.
turkey.jpg
turkey.jpg (5.94 KiB) Viewed 8673 times
Killing these turkeys will frequently yield a trophy.

They will vary depending on the turkey's weight, feather length, and the overall quality of the harvested trophy. These trophies are not permanent items, but are used to calculate your total score at the end of the quest. The score ranges are as follows:

Weight: 10-50 lbs [Score of 10-50]
Feather Length: 160-800 cm (x 0.1) [Example: Feather length of 700 cm = Score of 70]
Quality: Poor (5), Low (10), Fair (15), Average (20), Above Average (25), High (30), Superior (35), Peerless (40) [Score of 5-40]

Total Score = Weight Score + Feather Length Score + Quality Score

Participants are allowed to submit only one trophy during this event, so it is to the advantage of each player to only keep their highest valued trophy and trash their lowest ones. All trophies are bound to their looter and will not be counted if this person is different from the one submitting the trophy. There is nothing against keeping a few extra trophies for decoration, but keep in mind that they are temporary and will be deleted after the completion of the quest.

The last hunting day will be December 4th. After this time, there will be a 3-day period where players can submit their trophies. On December 7th, submissions will no longer be accepted. The results will be calculated and released on or before December 10th. There will be multiple rewards for the highest scoring participants as well as a general reward for all participants. Please remember the dates and times of importance. If you are unable to log in during the 3-day period after hunting, then you will need to submit your best trophy prior to the deadline.

All trophies are submitted by dropping them into the chest inside the hunting cabin. The portal to the cabin is found In Moonglow between the Blacksmith shop and the Bank.

Please Note:
-One submission per account. Multiple submissions on one character or account will disqualify you from the event.
-When you submit your trophy, you are done with the quest. There are no redos or "I accidentally submitted the wrong trophy" excuses that will result with a resubmission.
- Your score must be at least 110 to receive a participation reward

About the Britannian Turkey:

Britannian Turkeys are very territorial animals, and like to distance themselves from others of their species. While they are not dragons, they are still very resilient animals that can survive many wounds and have earned quite a reputation from killing novice hunters. There are many locations where the Britannian Turkey can be found. Sightings have been made all over the hunting area.

There are also 2 quests in the event area. You can run each quest only once during this hunting event, and you will be able to choose whether you wish to have an armor reward or gold. Visit the town to the North of the hunting lodge to check them out. In addition, if you're lucky enough to find a Treasure Troll, you can turn in a matching chest & key to Treasure Tom in town for a special reward.

The top 3 players will win Excelsior Dollars, and every player in the top 10 will receive a special seasonal totem in addition to a participation reward!
Note: If any of those who received their hunting totem last time are in the top 10, those player(s) will receive some ED, and the totem will pass to the next player and so on until 10 totems have been given out.

Happy Hunting!

+N & +V
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Re: Excelsior Hunting Event

Post by Annachie »

Baxter et al, worst turkey again?
Character name: Ebony
Revan5600
Novice Scribe

Post by Revan5600 »

Sorry to be a pain but I was wondering where to turn in the turkeys. I can not find the place and the golden box in the lodge will not take it.
tiggerjlk
Elder Scribe

Post by tiggerjlk »

Revan5600 wrote:Sorry to be a pain but I was wondering where to turn in the turkeys. I can not find the place and the golden box in the lodge will not take it.
The portal to the cabin is found In Moonglow between the Blacksmith shop and the Bank.

Remember, you can only submit one turkey
Soylentgreen
Revan5600
Novice Scribe

Post by Revan5600 »

Tried the gold box inside the hunting lodge. Says "You can not drop that in there". So either the thing is bugged or I'm trying to submit it to the wrong place.

Edit- Worked now but it would not allow me to place it last night when i got a peerless quality turkey on my first kill
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Post by fixxer1963 »

Revan5600 wrote:Tried the gold box inside the hunting lodge. Says "You can not drop that in there". So either the thing is bugged or I'm trying to submit it to the wrong place.

Edit- Worked now but it would not allow me to place it last night when i got a peerless quality turkey on my first kill
I hope you realize that Peerless is just one of three qualities you needed to look at.
Hawke Armstrong/FiXXer
Revan5600
Novice Scribe

Post by Revan5600 »

yeah i do realize that
allendown
Journeyman Scribe

Post by allendown »

question 1, when will the snakes for the side quest appear, 1b, same for the sand crawlers, and out of ten turkeys killed half left no turkey in the entrails, is that suppose to happen, just curious
patrix
Elder Scribe

Post by patrix »

Yes it is meant to be that some Turkeys drop nothing.
The Britannia Boars are still spawning in the desert area, maybe they are Turkeys in disguise :roll:

Michi
Michiko in game

A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle..
Irina Dunn
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

One little suggestion.
If you want people to use the teleporters to leave the event area, how about placing a few more around? Say at the normal Lost lands entrances/exits?
Character name: Ebony
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

You can recall out of the event area, there's no need for additional teleporters
daragincajun
Novice Scribe

Post by daragincajun »

i think it should be largest turkey, then an overall turkey and if theres more then one with 49 lbs for even 50 lbs then the all 3 stats breaks the tie for largest turkey, and of course baxters worst turkey
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

That's not how the event works, or how it has ever worked, and we didn't request input on redesigning it...particularly not after it's already open...
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

patrix wrote:The Britannia Boars are still spawning in the desert area, maybe they are Turkeys in disguise :roll:

Michi

I'm not finding any boars spawning anywhere, so I'm guessing there were just a few left over from the previous event and they've been cleared out by now. If you see them again, let me know, but as far as I can tell they aren't actually spawning.
daragincajun
Novice Scribe

Post by daragincajun »

ty so vm, yall are as always the best staff ever, i feel like im in America and have no opinion