Achievements

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
eirenna416
Apprentice Scribe

Re: Achievements

Post by eirenna416 »

YAYAYAYAYAY :dance :dance :dance +C Rocks!!! :D
brhanson2
Elder Scribe

Post by brhanson2 »

Any word on when the skills achievements will pop? I have several done but showings 0 complete.

Thanks!
Carzikan (formerly known as Tostig on Great Lakes)
brhanson2
Elder Scribe

Post by brhanson2 »

Gonna try this again :)

I have 39 skills at 120 and 11 at 100 and should have several of the skills achievements. I show 0/89. Is there anything special I need to do to get them to pop?

Thanks!
EllieBlack
Apprentice Scribe

Post by EllieBlack »

brhanson2 wrote:Any word on when the skills achievements will pop? I have several done but showings 0 complete.

Thanks!
I don't have credit for any of my skills in the achievements menu either.

Thanks,
Ellie
The optimist "The glass is half full"
The pessimist "The glass is half empty"
The gamer "I drink the water; what happens?"

Where ever you go, there you are.
brhanson2
Elder Scribe

Post by brhanson2 »

Just ran thru all the ore types in mining, no progress shown.
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

brhanson2 wrote:Just ran thru all the ore types in mining, no progress shown.
I showed progress on that one.

No listing for the number of ingots of each ore or whatever it was. As in no list of what to do in the pop up gump.

The tame one of every ridable, listed Ki-Rin's. Didn't check yet to see if taming a unicorn would achieve that particular one though.
Character name: Ebony
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

We had a restart earlier today, most issues should be fixed (i'll go thru the whole topic again in a few days when i revisit this).

I just ran a script that gave all the skill achievements, that were otherwise unachievable by those who already have skills maxed. There's a problem though: the dates on those achievements are of today, where actually they should be at the exact date before the server was restarted with the skill achievements.

I might fix that, so you can brag with a more older date (although, an incorrect one in any case). Also, in statistics, we'll make it that these retroactive achievements wont display the date, since basically the first one to get it would be someone random player from the group of players who alredy had it achieved when it was added.

Overall about retroactive achievements, there's a lot of logs and backups and in theory it would be possible to get an older date (within a few days precision). But it would take hours if not days to first make a script that tries to pull that data, and then applies it to all accounts. So it is very unlikely we'll be backdating the achievements. However, if it's something very determinable (e.g. obtain an account-bound item, if it's still in your pack) then maybe it would be considered.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Oh and, still welcoming opinions about the new stuff (and old stuff too). Anything that seems odd or things that are acting differently than expected, etc.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
brhanson2
Elder Scribe

Post by brhanson2 »

The skill achievements popped as you said +C, thank you.

Also the mining one is now showing progress as well. Thank you.
GreenBar
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by GreenBar »

+1 on the taming, fishing, lumber jacking, and mining achievements. It's been fun revisiting old adventures to add their achievement to the list of accomplisments.
heyyo
Legendary Scribe

Post by heyyo »

Maybe you could add some speed run achievements? Who can do X the fastest? Or kill/accomplish X in Y amount of time. Maybe a 15 (10?) minute gauntlet run achievement or kill 100 blood elementals in 1 hour. Or bragging rights of who can actually do it the fastest.
Versales
Elder Scribe

Post by Versales »

I think a neat thing, in the vein of exploration would be something similar to visiting the shrines achv.
Only this would be visit every mine that is on each facet.

Also it would be pretty neat to have achievements for things like Tame one of every single animal possible.

Or Completing all of the different large/small bods for each craft.

Using x amount of repair deeds, like 100 or 1000 (this would be one that is easier for newbies to do, as their armor breaks down) Vets might take a little longer if they have all SR5 they might just get it from repairing leveled weapons.

How about something like resurrect your pet X# of times.

We have the champ completion achievement but what about one for dying at every champ!

Kill X# of different type of elemental (resource elementals)

An achievement called "I wear my sunglasses at night" only gotten by wearing some nice shades

How about some rare achievements like some that come from hosting player run events, or player run informational sites (houses). I am thinking these would go to players like Golden Temptress for her plant Museum, Junobo for his Museum, Neve for Day of the dead, Baxter and Culichi for the grodiest turkey...I am sure there are others but can't think of them off hand

How about a monopoly type achievement tier for housing, you start with lower end properties and as you add bonus house slots to X# you get to the really high end achievements

*note I haven't delved deeply into the achievements so I might have restated some that are already around, I just thought these in particular would be pretty neat!

Some of these would only be applied to some players, like the hosting player run events. I think this might be something that might 1) lead to more events being held by players (which would be awesome) and 2) Be a recognition for the hard work they have put into the helping make the shard even more inviting.

Thanks for reading :P
Valorian in game!
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Thx for the suggestions :)

(Old Colibrian proverb)
Sir Blood
Elder Scribe

Post by Sir Blood »

Guilds can have nicknames for players that show up... maybe allow an option for 1 achievement the player has already achieved to be displayed instead?

- I know the shard should keep track of everything you have ever killed. It might reset from time to time, but... Killed 1 million animals, 1 million mobs. 10 million, 100 million, 1 Billion

- LOADED, STACKED, MARKED ::: DECK: Mark 1,000 "unmarked" runes, mark 10,000 "unmarked" runes, mark 100,000 "unmarked runes

- SALESPERSON OF THE ::: DAY, WEEK, MONTH, YEAR: Track Town Center Vendor sales, 10 Million, 100 Million, 1 Billion, 10 Billion

- Track kills of specific mobs, I know it does for 100 or so, but kill 1 MIllion skeletons, 100 Million Undead

- Track kills by specific mobs/animals. Killed 10 times by a rabbit, 100 times by a Balron, killed by 100 DIFFERENT players in the PvP arena

- I know you have a way to track whether a player is "active" or just sitting there idle... I DON'T TALK MUCH: active play for 24 hours STRAIGHT without uttering a word (no [c [g or just regular speech).

- I VOTED: reward for 1st time voted, and progressively harder ones... Vote 100, Vote 1,000 times (maybe even give 10 ed reward for more advanced ones)
- - In game name:: Simply Delicious - -
Find my HUGE Rune LIbrary
- Main Floor Housegates
- Bottom SE corner, look for the black and white housegate tile (looks like a QR code you can scan)
Rune displayed @TC -- Far West Wall: Simply's
Alpharius
Master Scribe

Post by Alpharius »

Alpharius Award: Be called a troll by every staff member.
It was just a prank, bro: Be jailed
Leave of absence: Havent logged in for at least three months.

:D
Alpharius (verb) - To do something stupid yet hilarious.