The Masquerade Ball

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Nyx
Administrator

The Masquerade Ball

Post by +Nyx »

I will be holding the fourth annual masquerade costume event in celebration of Halloween! There will be rewards for the best costumes and special prizes for certain categories of costume.

The categories will be:
Overall Best (first, second and third place)
Scariest
Funniest
Best Interpretation of Theme
Best Group Costume

Costume Info:
- Every attendee must wear a mask (from the displayed selection) and costume.
- Attendees may not wear Halloween costumes from the costume stone. Your outfit for this event must be one that you have thought up and created from available equip-able items.
- Costumes should be shard appropriate and obvious or easily explained.
- I will provide temporary masks, along with patch clothing & accessories in the dressing area.
- Provided masks will sit in the earrings slot, except those that are helmet graphics, which will sit in the helm slot. Provided patch clothing will sit in the obvious slot (shirts will sit in shirt slot, belts will be waist slot).
- Male characters please note that if you wish to cross-dress, this will be tolerated within shard rules, however many of the female-specific items such as dresses do not sit properly on a male character (they are pictured accordingly).
- I will provide temporary universal dye tubs in the dressing area for dyeing the temporary costume pieces.
- Hair, skin color, gender changes, and other such modifications will be the player's responsibility and must be completed before entering the dressing area. Resetting these items after the event will incur the usual service fees.
- Attendees will walk through a strip gate to access the dressing area.
- No old-world clothing or armor will be provided in the dressing area. If you wish to include any old-world items/weapons/accessories as part of your costume, there will be a drop box outside of the event gate. You will drop a bag of your items into this chest before you go through the strip gate. Once you are in the dressing area, your bag of costume items will be returned to you. Do not place any non-costume items into these bags, or you will be removed from the event.
- Players will have one hour in the dressing area to complete and don their costumes. The gate will open at the designated time, and remain open for 45 minutes. If you arrive late, you will have less time to dress.

This event will take place on October 29th at 6:00pm CST / 23:00 shard time. The time is subject to change within an hour's range, but any changes will be announced as far in advance as possible. Please allot 2-3 hours for this event. If you leave before the end, you will not be eligible for any reward(s) or prizes.

You MUST be patched to attend this event!

The provided masks:

The provided clothing and accessories:
** Click to view full image! **

2015 additions:
** Click to view full image! **

2016 additions:

Each item is pictured twice - in almost all cases one is hued and one is plain, to give you an idea how well they will hue. This way you may select your colors in advance and save time in the dressing area. Note: Some are not hued in either image, these are usually ones where the appearance is very different between the male and female paperdoll.

I will post additional photos of the newest patch clothing when I get a chance.

More details to come as the event approaches.

+N
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

dreamstalker

Post by dreamstalker »

Just put in for a day off :)
I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin! just cause you aint paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you
+Nyx
Administrator

Re: The Masquerade Ball

Post by +Nyx »

Hopefully you get it :)
Maze Scarlethart
Master Scribe

Post by Maze Scarlethart »

Ugh! I'm working that day... again! :( Missed it last year too.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Added photos of the 2016 costume piece additions as well as updated the photo of the available masks.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

The masquerade dressing room is now open, you can enter through the gold gate on Moonglow bank roof to test your costume pieces. The gate will remain open until the day of the event.

Note that you will be strip-gated into the area and strip-gated out of the area. No items are meant to be removed from this space, doing so is an exploit and you'll need to report it if you manage it.
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

Now that is a lovely touch +Nyx
Character name: Ebony
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

Do you want bug reports for things that don't layer properly?
Character name: Ebony
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

You can send bug reports in-game via a page, but mostly the items are set to the layer they're set to and that's that. There may be a couple items that are sitting in an odd layer so I'll look, but usually it's that the items are in conflicting slots and not that they're in the wrong ones.