The Haunted Mansion Event

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Nyx
Administrator

The Haunted Mansion Event

Post by +Nyx »

V and I will host our 6th annual haunted mansion event on October 22nd at 6:55pm CST which is 23:55 shard time.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with this event, it is a team-based PVM. Each team will be given an NPC to defend against waves of increasingly difficult undead. The team(s) who successfully defend their NPC (meaning the NPC does not die) receive a special bonus prize. Gear is provided and equalized for this event, so come one and all!

Layfon Alseif
Elder Scribe

Re: The Haunted Mansion Event

Post by Layfon Alseif »

This is an excellent event guys don't miss out!
hmnt
Novice Scribe

Post by hmnt »

But... but.. Sleep is for the weak anyway right? RIGHT?! I hate my time zone :lool:
Geoffrey
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Updated the event photo to reflect the newly redesigned building.

This event has been almost completely overhauled from last year and should run a lot more smoothly and with less graphical lag.
Alex
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alex »

kind reminder to all players: if you intend to participate please dont sit afk in the corner but rather actively participate in the event. its a fun team based event. there were players in the event that failed to contribute because they were afk.

thanks for hosting.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Alex wrote:kind reminder to all players: if you intend to participate please dont sit afk in the corner but rather actively participate in the event. its a fun team based event. there were players in the event that failed to contribute because they were afk.

thanks for hosting.
I think players should leave it to the staff who are actually in charge of events to educate players on proper event behavior. It just comes off pretentious otherwise.

Also, last year we had I believe ~2 folks during haunted mansion who afk'd in any significant way. One simply had an urgent call of nature and the other was removed from the event (they later paged to apologize and let me know they'd had a RL urgent issue that had to get dealt with). Folks afk'ing in this event isn't enough of an issue to warrant anything more than the usual recitation of the event rules at the time of that event which is why I didn't include anything about it in the original post.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

In other news, I'm almost finished with the revamps to this event for 2016.

Changes for this year:
- Overall number of mobs decreased
- Overall difficulty of mobs increased (mainly via a slight HP buff, and new functionalities such as berserk and changing targets)
- Mansion redesigned, players are not able to exit their team's room
- Mobs should no longer poison, it was causing too much spam and thus lag the last few times
- Res area eliminated, players will res in their team room
- All team rooms have the same number of entry points for enemies
- Various other efficiency upgrades (supply backpacks automatically given with the event robes, converted spawner system to a new method that will allow for easy mob edits on the fly, etc)

A few more things to get prepped in advance of the event, and we're pretty much set. Looking forward to seeing how y'all do this year :lol:
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

sounds like a bunch of sound mechanical changes , when if comes to afk'n I dunno I was too busy hitting stuff to noticed what anyone else was doing
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Thankfully last year after the event I locked down a book with notes about stuff we had wanted to change. I usually forget what all needed to be done if I don't write it down, and I'd forgotten that I *had* written it down for this one :lol:
gnatas
Passer by

Post by gnatas »

Where do we meet up at? Moonglow Bank?