Halloween Dungeon 2016

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Re: Halloween Dungeon 2016

Post by Gaara »

Alex wrote:Following up to other's posts feel free to bash away for credit when you see me hitting a mini boss.
I second this. Also remember to give loot to the person(s) who was there first (unless they wish to share it of course). :)
Onoquoy
Master Scribe

Post by Onoquoy »

@Nyx

I did not report it because at the time i was angry, had had a bad day irl in general and generally i like the person who had done it. I chose to calm down and walk away. Maybe i should have reported it instead of posting true, but hey we all make mistakes eh. I have enjoyed the halloween dungeon each of the years i have partaken in it, it is fun but each year this happens again and again. I will as i mentioned leave it for this year, plenty of fabulously fun stuff to do on excelsior to amuse myself with.
Lilith in game.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Folks, don't buy uni tubs with intention to reset your body hue after it gets changed in the trick or treat quest. This doesn't work. Your actual chosen hue isn't changed as part of the quest, it is changed in the same way as when you cast a spell that changes your skin. Just cast vampiric embrace and then toggle it off again, or die and res, and it will be back to the same way you had it before the quest.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

Truely creative, lots of fun. seemed to have a lovely bunch of dungeon dwellers, rewards during are fair, deco is excellent..

bravo
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
Adrycks
Legendary Scribe

Post by Adrycks »

Every year..when halloween dungeon opens...it feels like the shard comes together and people...well almost all the players play for the fun of playing..helping each other sharing kills...just to help get the rewards...all my runs so far have been really fun..and people were respecfull...i have the chance to speak to player i have never had the chance to speak before....

Great fun, great rewards, great event...

thx guys !! and have fun !!!...after all...its just a game !
In-game name: Drakis.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

I'm really glad I removed the high-dollar item drops from the bosses this year. Every other year, by the 3rd day of the dungeon being open, I'd have had to deal with several complaint pages of people behaving badly (usually at the bosses). This time, I haven't had one. I think the fact that folks who are in the dungeon are there for the quest(s) rather than to try and get an easy batwings/jackal's/etc has helped a lot with the overall sense of camaraderie this year. I'm so glad everyone's having fun and that there's been so little drama!
:dance
Alex
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alex »

In addition to removing unique drops from bosses, I would also add combining book 1 and 2 and adding blood to bats very positive changes as well. Me personally, I have had a much better experience in the dungeon with these 2 modifications vis-a-vis last year. Thanks.
Last edited by Alex on Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

I mean not to detract ANYTHING from the quest at all far from it.. its wicked fun.

THAT is what I loved the most people were just not worried about an accident driveby swipe in the halls although out popped my Canadian "Sorry Eh" . And the bosses was almost like the warner brothers cartoons with the sheepdog and wile coyote. zero drama just.. morning sam.. mind if i hit this sure np..

Its more fun when a shard gets along

P.S. Me doing trick or treat... puts on mask.. Pheobe doing quest "Oooh this one matches my outfit"
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Alex wrote:combining book 1 and 2 and adding blood to bats very positive changes as well.
I wasn't sure anybody had even noticed I did that :lol:
Yoda wrote:Pheobe doing quest "Oooh this one matches my outfit"
I wonder how long she'd spend in the masquerade dressing area if I just left it open for a whole weekend :lool:
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

I don't even want to begin to ponder.. most of it Id imagine.. and.. funny
Pheobe
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Pheobe »

All weekend! Wishing I could keep it all! Tried on all the masks left in my pack and there are some really cool ones! I like the one that wraps around your head like a scarf and the eye mask one is very pretty and subtle. Actually I liked all the ones I tried on. The one that looks like a pineapple top is also very cool..... I could go on forever! Another quest well done!
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

I think the Treat Runs count is off, or at least the clock is giving me the wrong answer. In my case by 3. (According to the quests list from the paper doll)

I've also heard other people complain about it.
Character name: Ebony
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

Alex wrote: 1) Try to refrain from killing mini bosses when you dont need it. If you want the gold, go kill Balrons and Lurgs, if you want tokens go to Doom Gauntlet or similar.
Personally, I have no objection to this as long as they call out when the boss is up and are willing to stall a couple of minutes if someone says they are on their way.
Character name: Ebony
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

There was an issue with the tracking items on the first day, it was fixed and they're counting properly now.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Just want to echo the sentiments of those before me: if you find me at a mini boss spawn before you, the loot is mine but you're welcome to join for the quest kill.