Halloween Dungeon 2016

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Re: Halloween Dungeon 2016

Post by Annachie »

I had the Trick or Treat strip partly naked trick dump things to the floor because I ended up overloaded.

Scary because I actually missed it happening but luckily returned (Due to needing more masks) and found it before a world save.
Character name: Ebony
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

It's a known issue and on +C's to-do. In the mean time just be careful not to run the ToT quest if you're overloaded or close to.
apocalypse
Elder Scribe

Post by apocalypse »

Vampire blood vials don't seem to be dropping at all for some reason?
Jean Luc Picard in game
Adrycks
Legendary Scribe

Post by Adrycks »

masks too..are not dropping. Just wanted to let you know
In-game name: Drakis.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Please do not report issues here. That is what the page system is for.
nasskarr
Journeyman Scribe

Post by nasskarr »

I assume if you get enough runs in to get the totem you can also claim the puppet, or do we have to do additional runs to get the puppet?
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

can the trick or treat and haunted halls reward costume pieces be used for relayers or appearance changes?
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

nasskarr wrote:I assume if you get enough runs in to get the totem you can also claim the puppet, or do we have to do additional runs to get the puppet?
No you don't have to do additional runs. I just claimed both of the rewards after finally getting to 35 haunted Hall runs.
Character name: Ebony
Baxster
Adept Scribe

Post by Baxster »

With the Halloween quest over, I just wanted to give a big thanks to everyone for grouping and sharing boss kills this year. It sped up the quest quite a bit and while grouping for spawns I got to meet and chat with a bunch of you I'd not talked to before. Thanks again, hope everyone got some great rewards.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

I was meaning to ask - does everyone think that there was an overall more friendly, positive atmosphere in the dungeon this year? I had far fewer complaint pages and I didn't have to remove anyone's access, but I did see some complaining about kill stealing. I'm not sure if the overall feeling there was better this year or if folks just weren't bothering to report the bad apples.
Alex
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alex »

My feedback:

1) very positive change combining books 1 and 2
2) very positive change adding blood to bats
3) full respawn is ok after 60 min (dont think it needs to be reduced)
4) respawn of bosses every 15-20min is ok, I'd prefer less but I think its adequate as it is now
5) removing high end drops from bosses -> very good!

I didnt encounter any problems and found the group collaboration very good. Interacted with some new players. Overall I would say a good improvement vis-a-vis last years' experience.

In terms of items, I personally I found it good to remove candles and candies. The rewards this year were very good (possibly overwhelming because of the amount of them but thats obviously good). I'd like to see the chance for barrel and crates of bones and body parts reduced and gravestones reduced, but that would make the others less rare. SO overall good. Thanks.
Last edited by Alex on Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
heyyo
Legendary Scribe

Post by heyyo »

I liked the changes. Getting rid of the potential artifacts from bosses got rid of any farmers. People were definitely friendlier this year about letting people join in, but even last year if you promised not to loot people were generally accepting to let you join for credit. I liked the adding of books 1/2 into just one book, as well as adding blood to the bats. It felt much smoother, and you didn't need to pull your hair out due to lack of blood drops as in other years.

Only thing I can think of would be boss respawn times. Sometimes you're stuck waiting for 20 minutes. I don't know if there's a fix for that, as decreasing the spawn timer would encourage farming. Maybe decrease the spawn timer, but have bosses drop less gold.
Zeebo
Novice Scribe

Post by Zeebo »

The last time I was in the Halloween dungeon was 2013, so coming back for 2016, felt this was a huge improvement(didn't get to do '14 & '15). Never was once told I couldn't join a boss, lot of new friends made and great environment.

Only thing I even can remotely complain about is getting teleported onto the grinders and being killed immediately instead of having a split second to move. Insta death isn't my fav, but If that's my only complaint, id call it a huge success. Did I mention Halloween is my fav and I couldn't get enough of the rewards? Thanks Staff <3