Crops upgrade

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
brhanson2
Elder Scribe

Re: Crops upgrade

Post by brhanson2 »

+Nyx wrote:That's an intentional change, I believe, to prevent folks exploiting around the lower yield.
Can we add a slot for flax that goes on the key as flax to avoid the yield issue?
Carzikan (formerly known as Tostig on Great Lakes)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

There is indeed an issue with crops not yielding anything new after they're picked clean. This will be fixed in the next restart, probably on tuesday.

As for the tailor keys flax storage, will think about it - probably going to add.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
brhanson2
Elder Scribe

Post by brhanson2 »

+Colibri wrote:There is indeed an issue with crops not yielding anything new after they're picked clean. This will be fixed in the next restart, probably on tuesday.

As for the tailor keys flax storage, will think about it - probably going to add.
Thanks for replying +C, you rock!
GreenBar
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by GreenBar »

+Colibri wrote:There is indeed an issue with crops not yielding anything new after they're picked clean. This will be fixed in the next restart, probably on tuesday.

+1
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Hi,

I haven't seen anything on this in a while. Is there a timeline for crops getting fixed?

My flax hasn't regrown in a week or so, and I still can't pick my cotton with a system response: "There are too many crops nearby."

Thanks,
Wil
brhanson2
Elder Scribe

Post by brhanson2 »

Flax plants growing again!

Thanks +C!

I did notice before when you harvested flax you got a chat message on how many you harvested so you knew how many were left. Did you remove that message?
Silent
Legendary Scribe

Post by Silent »

Cotton bug has been fixed too, we can now harvest them without the proximity bug, thank you +C for looking into this :)
Lurking the forums since dec 2012
Silent
Legendary Scribe

Post by Silent »

Hi guys sry for bumping an old post, but this issue turns out, not fixed , old cotton crops are taking too long to grow I've checked my crops and some of them didn't grow (talking about 3 weeks), and since my last harvest yesterday (18h +/- have passed) nothing has grown.

I don't know if +C is aware of this so just wanted to bring it back to discussion. Hope you can fix it :(
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Ditto. Cotton stopped regrowing after 2-3 harvests and has not regrown in the weeks since. Flax still seems to work.
EllieBlack
Apprentice Scribe

Post by EllieBlack »

Some of my cotton plants aren't growing after a harvest and with each harvest fewer and fewer are growing back. Should I replant them? Or are they bugged?
The optimist "The glass is half full"
The pessimist "The glass is half empty"
The gamer "I drink the water; what happens?"

Where ever you go, there you are.
Silent
Legendary Scribe

Post by Silent »

EllieBlack wrote:Some of my cotton plants aren't growing after a harvest and with each harvest fewer and fewer are growing back. Should I replant them? Or are they bugged?
I'ts better to wait for +C to give feedback on this issue instead of spending money on seeds tbh ^^
EllieBlack
Apprentice Scribe

Post by EllieBlack »

I just received an in-game message from +C saying that when our cotton stops regrowing we need to uproot it and replant. The bug is that the old cotton plants aren't disappearing when they have reached the end of their life cycle. I don't know if this has been said before in this thread but I hope this will help everyone.
The optimist "The glass is half full"
The pessimist "The glass is half empty"
The gamer "I drink the water; what happens?"

Where ever you go, there you are.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Thanks for posting that Ellie, and yes that's correct.

I just tended to the achievement system today and no time to fix the crops. So these mini issues got postponed to next week (again).
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
brhanson2
Elder Scribe

Post by brhanson2 »

+Colibri wrote:Thx for the headsup Wil.

Also, note to self - old crops still have unlimited lifetime yield :)
I had several flax plants that were in before this change. I just harvested them today and got the message about them no longer able to be harvested so you uproot it.

Did the grandfathering get taken out? If not I just lost about 50 grandfathered flax plants.

Thanks!
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

I don't think he meant for them to be grandfathered at all, his statement was making a note to himself to fix the fact that old crops still had an unlimited lifetime yield. That's how I read it, anyway, and the impression I got from what he's mentioned to us about the crops changes