Doctor Who Quest 2016

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Re: Doctor Who Quest 2016

Post by dreamstalker »

Personally i dont care which tier i get im always excited if i dont get a dupe :)
I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin! just cause you aint paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pariah »

Miranda Ventrata wrote:Or don't stand on where the angels spawn. Unless this is your first time doing it, you should have a good idea where they spawn, so don't just sit on a known location. Claim bodies as you kill,(I know it doesn't work with the Daleks)
That's easier said than done. As you noted, I was trying to loot Daleks when the angel popped on top of me. I have to click through each pack and any corpse for that matter for drops of items whose access is typically blocked for at least one of the quest items. I had actually claimed several corpses already in the screenshot, but again, the Daleks are not claimable. Since the color (grey) is used pervasively in UO and the height of the mobs tends to overwhelm the screen due to the limitations of space in a 20 year old 2d game, there's not an ideal solution. In fact, there are very few tiles in that initial screen where I would be completely safe to loot corpses. My suggestions are not to make anything easier, but to give better visibility and accessibility. Grey on grey on grey isn't a great experience already and when your only cue is visual and if it impacts your experience or ability to earn more points and higher rewards, I think it's reasonable to ask for more contrast or an audio clue. I fully understand these suggestions could not be technically feasible or implementable and the staff here does a good job of explaining the rationale and reasoning.
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

In this case I think the answer is that the quest is not meant to be easy. :)

Actually the blink room annoys me more but that's because of how much rubber banding I do in there.
Character name: Ebony
Deacon
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Deacon »

Hehe try the quest with a 700ish ms ping, I ran through the quest once......and only once :lool:
When a man learns to love, he must bear the risk of hatred
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

Deacon wrote:Hehe try the quest with a 700ish ms ping, I ran through the quest once......and only once :lool:

I have :lool:
Character name: Ebony
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pariah »

Annachie wrote:In this case I think the answer is that the quest is not meant to be easy. :)

Actually the blink room annoys me more but that's because of how much rubber banding I do in there.
Agreed, which is why I mentioned easy is not the point, it's more accessibility and experience. Not going to die on my sword by any means for a change and I still very much enjoy the quest, but was looking for a way to improve the experience a bit for people like me who are colorblind, have poor vision issues, etc. I thought a sound playing would be fairly straightforward and add to the experience and accessibility of the quest. The more I qualify and explain though, the more people seem to misinterpret my message. I therefore promise to never run for public office... :nod:
nasskarr
Journeyman Scribe

Post by nasskarr »

I got a late start on the Dr. Who quest. Could we possibly keep it open until the 10th?
Alex
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alex »

nasskarr wrote:I got a late start on the Dr. Who quest. Could we possibly keep it open until the 10th?
Hey if you are missing some items, there are plenty of players trading Dr. Who quest items so that you can complete your set. Also check the forum thread on Dr. Who Trading Quest items to see who's got what. Good luck

Alex