Doctor Who Quest 2016

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Re: Doctor Who Quest 2016

Post by dreamstalker »

you can use them for a sample to relayer as in lets say u wan to relayer a bonecrusher when it asks u for the sample item u target the puppet and viola ur bc is now the puppet
I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin! just cause you aint paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Sethra Lavode wrote:The quest is amazing and you have kept on top of it from the get go. Thank you so much for all of that...and more. And thanks to +V: I know how a relationship works and you would not have the time to do this without his help, be it in game or IRL. :nod:
Glad you're having fun with it :)
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Post by dreamstalker »

Not juuuuust havin fun...... its like coming downstair christmas mornin and opening all your present that santa brought and just before the excitement ends you find another present with your name on it ...and you keep finding them all day long......then you realize the best presents you get are a roof over your head, a warm bed to sleep in, food in your belly and the familiar hug you get when mama tucks you in. So not really the same but i think mama likes your return hugs just as much so this *****(*****HUG********** is for +NYX. Ty for your hard work. You can share it with the other +'s but only if you want to.
I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin! just cause you aint paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

No! Those hugs are mine! ALL MINE! :lol:

<3
Pheobe
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Pheobe »

+Nyx, as a big big BIG Doctor Who fan, I am loving the quest! I am just hoping I can get the 35+ perfect runs to get the adipose puppet! Thank-you for the fun quest and awesome rewards!
Golden Temptress
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Golden Temptress »

Thanks for the quest, it has become my daily ritual at the moment, I log on get a quest in then 2 more every day and then go to my excelsior home and rub my hands looking at my lovely treasures :woot:
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Just a note that I see the puppets can't be equipped with a 1h weapon until they've been sampled as a relayer. It's due to a bit of missing info in the tiledata file. I'll fix this in a future patch update, hopefully in the next month or two.
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pariah »

Is there a way to prevent the angel from spawning when a player is near? For example, I had piled up a fair amount of bodies and one spawned on top of me that I couldn't really see (due to the piled up bodies) and blinked me. I also wouldn't have been able to loot the corpses, even if I had seen it. Also, could we maybe hue them differently so they stick out a bit (maybe that's somewhat intentional but they tend to be hard to see when cybermen bodies or reaper bodies are piled up. Lastly, could we make them targetable? When they are under an overhang or bridge (particularly in the first dungeon), you often will run into one before you know its there. It'd be a bit more navigable if I could CTRL+Shift to check for sure. Feel free to ignore all of these as I know there is always a flip side to the coin to maintain difficulty. Thanks for everything!

EDIT: Also, I would love to see some global stats on perfect runs/avg. number of angels encountered per run to know whether I just suck or not. Would be cool to have that kind of insight.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Pariah wrote:Is there a way to prevent the angel from spawning when a player is near?
No, there's no way to do that.
Pariah wrote:Also, could we maybe hue them differently so they stick out a bit (maybe that's somewhat intentional but they tend to be hard to see when cybermen bodies or reaper bodies are piled up.
They are statues, they're meant to be that color :)

Pariah wrote:Lastly, could we make them targetable? When they are under an overhang or bridge (particularly in the first dungeon), you often will run into one before you know its there.
Not to be a negative-nancy, but again no, lol. The graphic isn't highlightable, they're made that way in the tiledata file.
Pariah wrote:EDIT: Also, I would love to see some global stats on perfect runs/avg. number of angels encountered per run to know whether I just suck or not. Would be cool to have that kind of insight.
That would be cool, but there's no way I can do it. Each person's angel count gets reset every time they run the quest so there's no data I could pull to compile a list like that. It's feasible I could figure out everyone's perfect runs at the end, but it would be very time consuming. I would have to do a global search for every player carrying the tracking item, then manually check their runs and write it down. It's not something I'll have time for. I do know that several folks have already obtained their dalek/adipose puppets and that a lot of folks have gotten the totems already, with a couple weeks left in the quest.
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pariah »

Understood, thanks for responding. I'm still very much enjoying the event. I appreciate all of the thought and hard work put into it. For the record, I want the weeping angel puppet...170ish points to go I think... :)
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

I'm officially extending the quest. The new closing date is August 8th. Depending on how my schedule is, I may or may not extend it a couple days further. I haven't had time to get the August quest coded, so I'm going to extend this one, and then possibly try to do an events-heavy month for August, then hopefully I can get that new quest coded and run it side by side with the fall quest.
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Post by dreamstalker »

Only one thing to say....................WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pariah »

Thanks for the extension! I want to lobby one more time for something to help with the angels (new color, darker maybe?) and their ability to jump on top of a player without being seen (I think they happen to move too much now). I was on a perfect run, looting some corpses when the angel popped right on top of me, which was nearly impossible to see due to the grey on grey from the Dalek corpses, etc. (see screenshot). This 1 blink plus the RNG gave me a 5 point reward. Pandas everywhere were sad...

Won't you please help? Cue Sara McLachlan...

EDIT: What about a sound that plays when they move or when you get too close? Just a thought...
Miranda Ventrata
Elder Scribe

Post by Miranda Ventrata »

Or don't stand on where the angels spawn. Unless this is your first time doing it, you should have a good idea where they spawn, so don't just sit on a known location. Claim bodies as you kill,(I know it doesn't work with the Daleks)
Miranda Ventrata
Elder Scribe

Post by Miranda Ventrata »

Also, I found that getting blinked doesnt mean its a lower tier, just lowers the chance, I've blinked and still got a decent reward, and also have had a perfect run and got a tier 1 reward.