Patch 4c is now live!

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Nyx
Administrator

Patch 4c is now live!

Post by +Nyx »

Patch 4c is now available for download. This patch is available for easy install using the expatcher!

This patch contains lots of goodies, and some helpful updates.

CHANGES:
  • Included expatcher program for future patching
  • Ability for server to detect patch version
  • Large address aware loaded into the client, to prevent the "out of memory" error
  • Map modifications for Elysium
  • Many item updates & additions
  • Many mob updates & additions
  • Fix for clothing and armor in the previous patch that disappeared upon sitting
  • Made hundreds of items equipable that previously were not. Example: monster statuettes, various food items, etc
  • Fixed various mobs from previous patches which did not display or function correctly
  • Fixed many items that had graphical issues such as extra pixels, dyed poorly with tubs, missing pixels, etc
  • Created multiple versions of gumpart.mul that will allow players to choose from 5 backpack styles. (see below)

IMPORTANT NOTES:
  • All players should install the patch via the expatcher. If you wish to make use of one of the custom backpack options, download and install that AFTER using the expatcher to install the base patch! Instructions for how to properly install a custom backpack are below.
  • Please be aware that if you do not patch your client, you will run into problems with quests/content and be unable to see the new items, mobs and hues properly. We have implemented a way to detect which patch version a player is utilizing and future content and quests will do a patch check, you won't be able to access them without the proper patch installed.

BUG REPORTS:
  • We did not make ANY changes to existing mobs that would allow them to appear with new patch-graphics, so if you see a mob graphic you have never seen before, this is a bug and you should report it! If you notice any mobs that don't look like they should (nightmares that appear as demon-men, lizardmen that look like nagas, etc etc) please send a page.
  • If you suddenly see any weird problems with armor appearances or items, please send a bug report.
How to properly submit a bug report:
  • Open a help request using the 'bug report' option.
  • Explain the issue, and how you came to discover it
  • Use the link option to tag the specific item/mob/location that is bugged
  • Submit your ticket
For more information on how to tag items in the page system, please visit the wiki entry located: here

PATCHING ISSUES:
  • You should log out of all UO related programs before attempting to patch, or it will fail.
If you experience any issues with patching, please send a page in-game. Don't reply to this thread if you need assistance!
Remember to fully explain the issue in the body of your page, and to attach links to any pertinent items/mobs/locations.

For help using the new page system, click here

To install the patch, visit: UOEX Startup & Patching
NOTE: The expatcher.exe must be placed into your UO directory before you run it.

Previews!
These are just a small portion of the changes & additions made for this patch, there's a lot more y'all haven't seen yet ;)

(click thumbnails for full sized images)

New hues:
Image Image

New mounts & mobs:
Image Image Image

New totems, deco & trophies:
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image

New backpack options:
Image Image
L: Celtic backpack R: Dragon Backpack

Image Image
L: Fur backpack R: Tan backpack

Many of these new additions are specifically for the facets, so you won't likely see them right away. However, a lot of the additions were put in for seasonal quests and you'll start seeing them implemented in these areas. There are a lot of new food graphics, too, that you may start seeing in food deco sendouts. I'll probably use new mobs in some monster bash events, just for giggles :)

Happy patching!

-+N
+Nyx
Administrator

Re: Patch 4c is now live!

Post by +Nyx »

How to install a custom backpack:
  • Download the expatcher here: UOEX Startup & Patching
  • Place the expatcher.exe file into your UO directory
  • Install the 4c patch using expatcher
  • Close out of all UO related programs
  • Download your custom backpack choice from this link
  • Once the download is completely finished, unzip the files to your desktop.
  • Copy the gumpart.mul and gumpidx.mul files into your UO directory
  • When prompted, choose to replace the existing files with the new files.
  • Once your copy is finished, log into the game and check out your cool new backpack!
NOTE: ALL of the backpacks are the same size in terms of usable space. Some of the graphics have the extra flaps on the sides or a taller lid, or appear to have a bigger "bag space". But they all use the exact same gump boundaries as the original backpack, so none are truly larger than any of the others.

For those of you who do not wish to utilize a custom backpack and instead prefer the default UO backpack graphic, fear not. The patch comes with the default graphic, you won't need to do anything other than install the patch.
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Post by fixxer1963 »

http://imgur.com/zzWFS3Z

Since I can't upload an image to a help request.

I tried again after closing all UO related programs and everything that accesses the internet.

Using Win7 Ultimate 64bit if that helps.
Last edited by fixxer1963 on Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hawke Armstrong/FiXXer
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

It should be noted, close UO before trying to update. :oops:

I hope it's robust in it's connection. It's telling me 2 hours and I know I'm likely to get connection drops in that.
Character name: Ebony
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

fixxer1963 wrote:Since I can't upload an image to a help request.
Actually yes you can, you would just paste the link in the page, and it creates a clickable item for us.
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Post by fixxer1963 »

+Nyx wrote:
fixxer1963 wrote:Since I can't upload an image to a help request.
Actually yes you can, you would just paste the link in the page, and it creates a clickable item for us.

That would require me to get back into the game and the patch hasn't even started downloading yet. It sticks after that error.
Hawke Armstrong/FiXXer
Honus
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Honus »

After patching is anyone having a problem connecting? Getting the message: Couldn't connect to Ultima Online. Please try again in a few moments.

I was running fine before I ran the Expatcher_latest.exe file. My client says it's version 5.0.9.10 (Patch 46). Login is shard.uoex.net port 60.

Thanks in advance.
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

Is it me or is the patcher downloading every file?
Character name: Ebony
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

fixxer1963 wrote:http://imgur.com/zzWFS3Z

I tried again after closing all UO related programs and everything that accesses the internet.

That is a windows issue with your permissions for your programs folder, it's not an issue with the patcher itself. You'd need to look at how to modify your folder permissions to let it access and change them.
Honus wrote:After patching is anyone having a problem connecting? Getting the message: Couldn't connect to Ultima Online. Please try again in a few moments.

I was running fine before I ran the Expatcher_latest.exe file. My client says it's version 5.0.9.10 (Patch 46). Login is shard.uoex.net port 60.

Thanks in advance.
This seems like you might be typo'ing your password or username :)

Annachie wrote:Is it me or is the patcher downloading every file?
It isn't. It is downloading only the files we have changed or modified. There are quite a few, but it is not every file by a long shot.
Sethra Lavode
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Sethra Lavode »

AMAZING!!! It only took an hour to download the patch and the backpack graphic was crazy fast and easy!!! I have a lovely dragon back pack...gonna make myself try them all for a week, but I must say - that green makes everything soooo much easier for me to see! :lol: THANK YOU GUYS SO VERY MUCH!! For all the other peeps out there, if I was able to do it, you can to: just take your time and read everything - all the prompts - everything. :nod:

OH -nifty, cool, neat-O surprise for me: I did not realize it would change the graphic for ALL the packs - WOOT! :dance

TY!
Starfish & coffee, maple syrup & jam. Butterscotch clouds & a tangerine, side order of ham.
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Post by fixxer1963 »

+Nyx wrote:
fixxer1963 wrote:http://imgur.com/zzWFS3Z

That is a windows issue with your permissions for your programs folder, it's not an issue with the patcher itself. You'd need to look at how to modify your folder permissions to let it access and change them.
Thanks Nyx.
That put me on the right track. I should have caught that myself.
I had to go to properties and set the file to run as administrator.
It is downloading now.
Hawke Armstrong/FiXXer
patrix
Elder Scribe

Post by patrix »

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!
She chortled in her joy
My bag is green, All can be seen!

apologies to Lewis Carroll

And a big thanks to +N
:nod:
Michiko in game

A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle..
Irina Dunn
Terra
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Terra »

My client ran just fine until i patched to 4c. Now i get the "out of memory" error.
vamp
Passer by

Post by vamp »

when I download the backpack what client should I use it comes up as just the rar file and wont open to unzip?
tiggerjlk
Elder Scribe

Post by tiggerjlk »

vamp wrote:when I download the backpack what client should I use it comes up as just the rar file and wont open to unzip?
You can download a program called WinRAR that allows you to open a .rar file. Make sure to download it from the WinRAR page" http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
Soylentgreen