Excelsior Hunting Event

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Nyx
Administrator

Excelsior Hunting Event

Post by +Nyx »

Greetings hunters! It is time yet again to sharpen your arrows and re-wrap your bow grips for another hunting event!

For the next month, participants will be hunting the Britannian Boar.

Killing these boars will yield a trophy. Look on their corpses for these trophies:

They will vary depending on the boar's weight, tusk length, and the overall quality of the harvested trophy. These trophies are not permanent items, but are used to calculate your total score at the end of the quest. The score ranges are as follows:

Weight: 100-800 lbs (x 0.1) [Example: Weight of 217 = Score of 21.7]
Tusk Length: 1-24 inch [Score of 1-24]
Quality: Poor (5), Low (10), Fair (15), Average (20), Above Average (25), High (30), Superior (35), Peerless (40) [Score of 5-40]

Total Score = Weight Score + Tusk Length Score + Quality Score

Participants are allowed to submit only one trophy during this event, so it is to the advantage of each player to only keep their highest valued trophy and trash their lowest ones. All trophies are bound to their looter and will not be counted if this person is different from the one submitting the trophy. There is nothing against keeping a few extra trophies for decoration, but keep in mind that they are temporary and will be deleted after the completion of the quest.

The last hunting day will be June 30th. After this time, there will be a 3-day period where players can submit their trophies. On July 3rd, submissions will no longer be accepted. The results will be calculated and released on or before July 6th. There will be multiple rewards for the highest scoring participants as well as a general reward for all participants. Please remember the dates and times of importance. If you are unable to log in during the 3-day period after hunting, then you will need to submit your best trophy prior to the deadline.

All trophies are submitted by dropping them into the chest inside the hunting cabin. The portal to the cabin is found In Moonglow between the Blacksmith shop and the Bank.

Please Note:
-One submission per account. Multiple submissions on one character or account will disqualify you from the event.
-When you submit your trophy, you are done with the quest. There are no redos or "I accidentally submitted the wrong trophy" excuses that will result with a resubmission.

About the Britannian Boar:

Britannian Boars are very territorial animals, and like to distance themselves from other boars. While they are not dragons, they are still very resilient animals that can survive many wounds and have earned quite a reputation from killing novice hunters. There are many locations where the Britannian Boar can be found. Sightings have been made all over the hunting area.

There are also 2 quests in the event area. You can run each quest only once during this hunting event, and you will be able to choose whether you wish to have an armor reward or gold. Visit the town to the North of the hunting lodge to check them out. In addition, if you're lucky enough to find a Treasure Troll, you can turn in a matching chest & key to Treasure Tom in town for a special reward.

The top 3 players will win Excelsior Dollars, and every player in the top 10 will receive a special seasonal totem in addition to a participation reward!

Happy Hunting!

+N & +V
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Re: Excelsior Hunting Event

Post by fixxer1963 »

Is this the only way to get the seasonal totem?
Hawke Armstrong/FiXXer
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

For this event, yes, only the top 10 will get the seasonal totem. I may change this for the next run of the hunting event, but for this one that's how it'll go
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

I'm not 100% sure but I think I had a key from a treasure troll decay.
Character name: Ebony
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Treasure Tom changes:

- Updated the wording on the chests & keys for simplicity and additional information regarding decay times.

- There are now 12 different rarity levels for chests and keys, displayed under the name on mouse-over. They must match in order to be turned in. Tom will not accept mismatched pairs. Please also note that if you have multiple chests/keys in your pack, Tom will not trigger easily. Put any chests/keys you aren't ready to turn in to Tom into your bank or leave them at home.

- All pre-existing chests and keys have been updated to work with this new system.

- Treasure chests no longer spawn on the ground, they will now spawn only on treasure trolls.

- Treasure trolls have received a difficulty boost and I've modified some of their AI mechanics (hopefully to work the way they were supposed to be working before, but weren't).

- There are now 10x as many treasure trolls spawning at any given time than previously.

- Treasure chest contents have been given a significant boost.
- Gold and token checks have a higher cap amount
- Added more types of rare gems into the gem rotation
- There is a 5% chance to receive 1 of 8 rares in your chest contents. Some of these rares were previously only available as Mistvale stealables, and others were not available at all before now. The rares are pictured below.
rares.png
rares.png (45.29 KiB) Viewed 10542 times
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

The keys now say 7 days. is that a decay time?

Is there a difference in the contents/caps for the different types of chests?
Character name: Ebony
Belken
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Belken »

:dance :dance WOOOHOOOO :dance :dance :dance
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Post by dreamstalker »

Ditto on what belkin said :)
I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin! just cause you aint paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you
Catti-brie
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Catti-brie »

For the event, I have placed the treasure chests and keys I have in the plot in front of my keep. My house gate is on the main floor, east wall second row, purple square, directly east of yellow circle. I am looking to trade keys to make matches during the event pm me if you are interested. Thanks
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

This should really go without saying at this point, but if you are jailed (over 10 tasks) during the event you will be disqualified. Further if you utilize the event space or items to harass or exploit, you will be banned from the event space and disqualified.
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Post by dreamstalker »

as my 14 year old would say "well duh" lol. i for one have no idea how one would use an event item to harrass someone and not intersted in finding out.. but just goes to show there are people out there that aint happy unless they are ruining the game experience for someone else. :(
I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin! just cause you aint paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you
Old Fart
Novice Scribe

Post by Old Fart »

Are pets allowed or not allowed in this area? I am not so lucky to have many relayers as many players do so I am not strong enough to take on a balron alone. ... i cant enter the area on my mule not sure if this is a glitch or just the rules.
The sum of the whole is equal to the sum of it's parts ! However, if there are any parts left over after completing the whole then just through them away then shhhh... *(whisper) don't tell anybody....
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Post by dreamstalker »

Afaik u can have/use pets u just cant be riding them when trying to enter the area. Oce in the area unshrink them and have at:)
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Results are in!

The top 3 are:
Belken - 143.6
Dreamstalker - 143.1
Akart - 142.8

We had so many participants this time, far more than I expected. With 176 valid entries, this run was the highest number of participants yet! Because of the excellent turnout, I have decided to boost the participation reward a bit, and to give the seasonal totem to the top 30 scorers, rather than only the top 10.

Just a note that anyone who received a seasonal totem this time will be ineligible from receiving it next time, I'll keep a running list so that every time it's new folks getting these.

The rest of the top 30:
Jimmy G - 142.7
Vara - 142.4
Ellewyn - 141.8
Simply Delicious - 141.2
Absynthe Silvis 141.1
Bugsy Miceslayer - 141.1
Bexley Providnce - 141.1
Dr Faust - 140.9
Sethra Lavode - 140.9
Vladislav - 140.8
ScarletArmstrong - 140.7
SkinWalker - 140.5
Kaddbar - 140.2
Viktoria Wolf - 140
Narg - 140
Humboldt - 140
Fayude - 139.8
Flappity - 139.5
Eboj - 138.9
Drakis - 138.8
ForrestElf - 138.6
Oglethorpe - 138.6
Isaac Newton - 138.6
She-Man - 138.4
Baxster - 138.2
Keth'Laa - 138.2
Golden Temptress - 137.6

I will begin sending out rewards tonight or tomorrow.
Baxster
Adept Scribe

Post by Baxster »

Wooooo thanks, and grats everybody!