Valentine's Day Quest 2016

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Nyx
Administrator

Valentine's Day Quest 2016

Post by +Nyx »

Cupid is in need of help. Venus, yet again angered at him, is tormenting him by corrupting the Cherubim out of spite. He needs brave adventurers to assist him in purifying as many Cherubim as possible.

To begin the quest, approach Cupid and say "hello". He is located in the gardens of Nujel'm which are behind the Palace and to the South. From there you will visit the unicorns in Ilshenar and then save the Cherubim, which spawn in various locations across the map.

We have not diminished healing in any of the combat areas. We have, however, blocked bracelets of binding, pets, weapon area-effect spells, casted AOE/summons, and a few other spells. It is also good to note that the saplings you will have to collect will have to be stolen using the stealing skill, to prevent hoarding of these items via scavenger. Even if you do not have much stealing, it only requires 1.0, so don't fret!

This quest is repeatable every 8 hours. There are a total of 55 rewards. The majority of the rewards are the same as last time, but all have been updated to indicate the year they were obtained. I have made minor changes to several of last time's rewards and also added numerous new rewards. The rewards are on display in the building directly West of Yew.

NOTE:
If you attempt to obtain multiple books, your books will be removed and you'll be denied access to the quest for 2 days. This happens automatically if you request additional books while you are already on the quest. Do not say "i will help" to Cupid if you already have any of the Vday quest books!

This quest will run until March 6th-ish.

Go forth and enjoy, my shardlings!
+Nyx
Administrator

Re: Valentine's Day Quest 2016

Post by +Nyx »

Beginning this year, if you run the Vday quest 30 times, you can obtain a special seasonal totem!

Once you've reached 30 runs, visit Stella the pastry chef in Yew. She will reward you with an item that Andrew the Collector (the same NPC from the Pest quest in December) will be very interested in having.

I will also be adding valentine's day-themed wrapping paper available in the house next to the rewards building. Running the quest will give you bottles of pheromones that you will use as currency to purchase wrapping paper. Currently the building is locked while I finish prepping that area.
Zuri
Adept Scribe

Post by Zuri »

Thank you +Nyx!
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Post by fixxer1963 »

As always, a very well put together quest. A couple questions though...
1: What is the item you mentioned that keeps track of how many times we run it?
2: Are the pheromones blessed?
Hawke Armstrong/FiXXer
ScarletArmstrong
Apprentice Scribe

Post by ScarletArmstrong »

Very fun quest! I especially liked the town's people when you turn in your completed quest!
“Life is never fair, and perhaps it is a good thing for most of us that it is not.” ~ Oscar Wilde
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

fixxer1963 wrote:As always, a very well put together quest. A couple questions though...
the tracking item is invisible, you can't see it. I'll be adding a counter-checker near cupid in about 20 minutes.

No, they aren't blessed, you'll want to be careful with them
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Post by fixxer1963 »

I tested the counter and the timer. I love them :)
Hawke Armstrong/FiXXer
Angel
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Angel »

what building west of yew has the rewards displayed? i can't find it
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Post by fixxer1963 »

straight west of the teleporter. there are 2 buildings right next to each other
Hawke Armstrong/FiXXer
Angel
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Angel »

problem: i went to cupid, said i will help, and said ok to everything, but i did not get a book, and he's not letting me do it again.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

He has a 20 second cool down, so if someone else just talked to him, or if you take too long going through the funds, then he'll reset and you'll have to try again. It can often take a few tries to get the hang of it :)
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

+Nyx wrote:
fixxer1963 wrote:As always, a very well put together quest. A couple questions though...
the tracking item is invisible, you can't see it. I'll be adding a counter-checker near cupid in about 20 minutes.

No, they aren't blessed, you'll want to be careful with them
Be careful with strip gates!!!!!!

The invisible item will remain in the return bag if one is used, unless +C thought to specifically deal with that.

Had that problem before.
Character name: Ebony
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

and immediately run into rude people.
Character name: Ebony
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Annachie wrote:Be careful with strip gates!!!!!!

The invisible item will remain in the return bag if one is used, unless +C thought to specifically deal with that.

Had that problem before.
That's been fixed for awhile :)
Honus
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Honus »

I started the quest, got book 2 and then went to bed. Came back and it looks like the purify drop disappeared. I am not sure how to proceed. Any thoughts?