Valentine's Day Quest 2016

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
Maze Scarlethart
Master Scribe

Re: Valentine's Day Quest 2016

Post by Maze Scarlethart »

I don't have a problem if people tag without asking, heck I tag without asking... we all get credit so I don't see the problem. I don't even mind gathering aggro and being the meat shield for people but yeah I would probably start to get annoyed if they started pulling them on me intentionally too.
Miranda Ventrata
Elder Scribe

Post by Miranda Ventrata »

Some folks do not speak english, and are chastised when they speak and it's not english. It's also a great use of GM resources paging and telling them that someone tagged your mob without permission. This is the I'm offended by everything age! I do agree that pulling onto someone to tank is uncalled for. Just wait around and tag things as they come.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Nobody should EVER attack someone else's mob(s) without asking first - not even for a seasonal quest. If you cannot complete this quest by yourself, then you should make questing buddies to go hunt with you, or ask a veteran player who's in the area if they'll assist/let you tag. I have no way to prevent quest kills from being shared (yet, but that is coming), or I would have done so. Obviously, dragging mobs onto someone else so you can make them take the damage and still complete your quest isn't just against the rules it's incredibly rude.

I don't consider it a waste of GM resources to answer pages to enforce some of our primary rules here. It can't really remain a family friendly shard if nobody behaves in a friendly manner, and I don't appreciate people using my quests as a way to behave badly.
Widmo
Novice Scribe

Post by Widmo »

Pariah wrote:Want to confirm all other rules apply? I had aggrod several of them to me and another player came in and just started attacking them as well (two players actually). Wouldn't have been a big deal if they asked, but they couldn't have taken them on by themselves and I don't like the idea of playing meat shield without consent. When I pointed this out, they both seemed to think it was perfectly normal and okay behavior so now I'm curious if I wasted a page?

It was me and one more person. First of all i was first on cherubs places second come this guy which attaking with me. We Taking 3/4 mobs at once and you came third and you rule all of mobs... That was rude... We wanted to finish quest you should wait till we end. Thats why i started to attacked your monsters. I don't have problem to finish vday quest and kill 12 cherubs. First learn to be polite and than require from others.
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pariah »

Widmo wrote:It was me and one more person. First of all i was first on cherubs places second come this guy which attaking with me. We Taking 3/4 mobs at once and you came third and you rule all of mobs... That was rude... We wanted to finish quest you should wait till we end. Thats why i started to attacked your monsters. I don't have problem to finish vday quest and kill 12 cherubs. First learn to be polite and than require from others.

First off, I didn't name any names and was asking for clarification. Secondly, that's quite the revisionist history you have going considering there wasn't a single player in the room when I entered it. All of the mobs immediately attached to me and I moved to the furthest corner of the dungeon so as not to disturb anyone else that may come in. You and your friend ran in and immediately attacked the mobs aggrod to me. When I pointed this out to you, you said "lol big deal." So I mentioned I would page and we will see whether it was a big deal. Now, you've outted yourself, but my page was no longer in the queue as I had to log out so I asked here. Being that I don't know you, I decided you were deserving of the benefit of the doubt and chose not to page again. Instead I chose to ask as I was curious. However, now that you've outted yourself in terms of "Thats why I started to attacked your monsters." I will let the Admins handle it. You don't have rights to mobs you weren't attacking or even in the same room with.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Alright, since this turned into a "thing", I did check the logs. As far as I can tell, Widmo, you were attacking Pariah's mobs, and when he pointed this out to you, you mocked him. So, consider this a warning to you, that this is a violation of our codex and future instances could result in jail and/or your access to seasonal quests being removed for a period of time. Pariah had the appropriate stance - he sent a page, later decided it wasn't worth pursuing, and then asked a generic no-names question on the forums to clarify for future reference. Widmo, you then took offense and instead of addressing the matter privately with him (or with us, if you felt it necessary), you made it into some drama here on the forums. That's not something you should do, either. Next time, you should either let it go, talk to that person privately to work it out, or send us a page in-game if you feel that someone has harassed you or otherwise violated the codex.

Everyone should also keep in mind that bringing drama like this to the public mediums - forums, world chat, etc - opens it up to the possibility that the staff will check the logs and/or post them, which can lead to embarrassment that would easily have been avoided by following the proper channels to resolve the issue.

Now, no more hijacking my quest thread for the dramuhz. :)
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pariah »

I apologize +Nyx. The quest is great. It brought me back to actively playing the shard more. That should be the focus. And that I got a panda bear...
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

It's not your fault, you did the appropriate thing in asking for clarification without specifics. I don't mind the thread being used for that, since I can't always be checking the page queue :)
Pheobe
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Pheobe »

Once again, awesome job on the quest +Nyx. Those that know me, know I love the deco and am happily gathering all of the items.

One quick question/comment. I couldn't get the box of Godiva chocolates to lock down and so put them in a secure container and now I can't get them out! Is there an issue with that item? I have a wrapped gift from Christmas that is stuck in another container as well.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Yeah, it's an issue with how the item was defined in the previous patch, I discovered it belatedly and didn't want to eliminate the reward/paper after the fact. I'll have it fixed in the upcoming patch (probably released mid-March), and then the items with that particular graphic should behave normally.
Maze Scarlethart
Master Scribe

Post by Maze Scarlethart »

Pariah wrote:I apologize +Nyx. The quest is great. It brought me back to actively playing the shard more. That should be the focus. And that I got a panda bear...
You got a panda!?!? I keep getting conversation hearts/circles :( lol It is a great quest though, I do really enjoy it. I kinda wish the respawn was a tad bit faster but that wouldn't be fair to those who have trouble killing the cherubs.
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pariah »

Maze Scarlethart wrote:You got a panda!?!? I keep getting conversation hearts/circles :( lol It is a great quest though, I do really enjoy it. I kinda wish the respawn was a tad bit faster but that wouldn't be fair to those who have trouble killing the cherubs.

Indeed and his name is Professor Paracelsus Pandita. Also, there's more than 1 cherub location. Doesn't tend to be as much traffic at the others so I'd suggest visiting them. Good luck!
Widmo
Novice Scribe

Post by Widmo »

I don't have problems to say that it was me. Great that you checked log but we don't know anything new with this. Btw. that wasn't my friend he was random player which killed cherubs with me I don't know him. You can jail me, ban do what you want i don't care really. I can play other shard, other games... I did not do anything wrong logs don't tell everything. I didn't made any drama really I just wanted to explain this if Pariah raised the issue at the forum. Next time we can talk about it and noone need to put it on forum :) It's only game so chill please we all playing for fun not for being upset.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

+n thanks for a lovely quest, I really love how the dove looks when equipped, dyed it so its not a white bird! great quest line, obviously still not done running it till pheobe has her collection completed.
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
Blathzar
Elder Scribe

Post by Blathzar »

To +Nyx... i am curerntly doing the quest and i didnt use the extract to get the kill counts for the cherub kills... but the kills i made still went toward quest completion... just so you know.